Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

MK is a terrible DJ. Owner of one of the worst Boiler Room sets ever.

Not a bad producer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Poster up on the EP Facebook page for their spotify playlist has Blur in large font at the top, then Sam Smith, Grace Jones and Interpol etc. below in smaller font. Not to read too much into it, but it looks like they're regretting sticking Smith up as the third headliner after the negative reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Poster up on the EP Facebook page for their spotify playlist has Blur in large font at the top, then Sam Smith, Grace Jones and Interpol etc. below in smaller font. Not to read too much into it, but it looks like they're regretting sticking Smith up as the third headliner after the negative reaction.

Ah here It's a bloody Facebook post, not an expression of the promoters feelings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

It would be nice if Father John Misty, Villagers or Jape were included in the next announcement. All have new stuff out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

gandalfio wrote: »
    It would be nice if Father John Misty, Villagers or Jape were included in the next announcement. All have new stuff out

Father John Misty playing Vicar Street around the same time so that's unlikely, but I was thinking both Villagers and Jape could easily make an appearance!

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Ah here It's a bloody Facebook post, not an expression of the promoters feelings.....

Is there any specific reason Sam Smith wouldn't be put up alongside Blur as a headliner, but rather down alongside Grace Jones etc. as a subheadliner?
    Apart from actually considering reducing him to non headliner status, no there isn't. Maybe that ties in with his potentially missing the festival due to his health problems and they're being cautious not to make it seem a big deal, or maybe to the overwhelmingly negative response on social media to his announcement, but I can't see it being simply an aesthetic choice, it devalues other headliners to have blur up on their own above him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's probably just as simple as they are the biggest band that they announced last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Are you serious? How did you think that from just looking at a poster? His name is second on the poster ffs.

Is there any specific reason Sam Smith wouldn't be put up alongside Blur as a headliner

Cos he's muck only got one album and is not a legendary artist that is anchoring the festival. Blur are the biggest name on the bill so obviously they are making a big deal about that. Simples....

Second, third fourth doesn't make any difference - all the same font size, all subheadliners apart from Smith.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Cos he's muck only got one album and is not a legendary artist that is anchoring the festival. Blur are the biggest name on the bill so obviously they are making a big deal about that. Simples....

So? Outkast were the biggest band last year, but all the headliners were given equal status on all advertisments. It would have been just as easy to put Smith up there with blur, but they decided against it, stuck him down with the regular acts.

That poster is only the newish acts announced. Flo isn't even on it.

Exactly, and they supposedly announced 2 headliners.

c9f594a0b7866d0149133e930b3c9e0aafe14acbdab7dacd2997740e52e46cbc.jpg

Slightly confused here, not sure what people are given out about anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

One to add to your EP playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

have EP actually said Sam Smith is a headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jesus Wept! I'm no fan of Sam Smith but jaysis I don't have to go and see him. Didn't even get a whine on the wind of the Pet Shop Boys last year who I actually detest. So my point is, go see something else.
    Fecking going on for ages now this bitchfest. Bored.
    don't want to unfollow thread in case I miss the next announcement but finger is hovering over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

MK is a terrible DJ. Owner of one of the worst Boiler Room sets ever.

Agreed, the king of derp house. Get's a bad following as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Jesus Wept! I'm no fan of Sam Smith but jaysis I don't have to go and see him. Didn't even get a whine on the wind of the Pet Shop Boys last year who I actually detest. So my point is, go see something else. ....

I can only dream of the whinging if Kylie or some such had been announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Jesus Wept! I'm no fan of Sam Smith but jaysis I don't have to go and see him. Didn't even get a whine on the wind of the Pet Shop Boys last year who I actually detest. So my point is, go see something else.
    Fecking going on for ages now this bitchfest. Bored.
    don't want to unfollow thread in case I miss the next announcement but finger is hovering over it.
    Pipe down everyone, Mince Pie will stop looking at this thread if you keep making mildly negative comments about Sam Frank playing at EP. This is not a drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Pipe down everyone, Mince Pie will stop looking at this thread if you keep making mildly negative comments about Sam Frank playing at EP. This is not a drill.

First thing to make me laugh on this thread for ages! Lol
    And who the frick is Sam Frank? Are we going to be moaning about them for the next 20 pages now? Just so I can go and fetch me pipe and slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

First thing to make me laugh on this thread for ages! Lol
    And who the frick is Sam Frank? Are we going to be moaning about them for the next 20 pages now? Just so I can go and fetch me pipe and slippers.

He's like Sam Smith…but with blemish-free vocal chords! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Ah, getting my two-syllable-name Sams mixed up. He featured in this tasty number by Skream. Not that the choice of vocalist was particularly important in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Every year we have the moaning about the single solitary pop act on the bill. Last year it was Lily Allen, before that Ellie Goulding and before that Azelia Banks (but she couldn't be arsed to show up)

Its one act out a a festival with hundreds of bands, singers, comedians and artists, its hardly as If the main stage is being curated by my 13 year old niece and Simon Cowell.

Look on the bright side, if these acts draw a large crowd then the following happens:
    No queue for the loos
    No queue for beer at the beer tents away from main stage
    No queue at Pie-Minester!!!!!
    tents with new bands to experience are less busy.

So I say let Sam Smith and Co. come, I don't have to fecking watch them, its not mandatory

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Sometimes I quite like when there's a big act I'm not interested in- gives you time to get back to the tent, replenish the stock, sort yourself out for a long night, get a corn dog, actually explore the class things EP has to offer (like the Car-au-vin in trailer park selling glasses of premium wines!). If you want to see every single act, you'll miss the entire essence of the Picnic...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

This will be my first time at Electric Picnic, anyone have advice on what its like? Other than music what else is there to do? What is the campsite like? And important stuff like the price of beer :P can you bring your own cans to the concerts or only purhcase beer there and drink your own cans in the campsite only?

Sorry to be annoying asking questions but I wasn't even planning on going until Interpol got announced and bought my ticket quickly ha! Don't have much of an idea what the actual weekend will be like

No queue at Pie-Minester!!!!!

Finally someone talking some sense!

It's only 10 am but I would murder a Pie-Minester right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've never had pie-minester and at this point I'm too afraid to ask what it is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I had around 5 of the deerstalker pies last year at EP. I think I spent more money at Pie-minister than I did at the bars.

15154_deerstalker-pie.gif

Advertisement