Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

lc180 wrote: »
    Finally someone talking some sense!

It's only 10 am but I would murder a Pie-Minester right now

Its always time for Pie-Minester, and mash. Gotta have the mash

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I've never had pie-minester and at this point I'm too afraid to ask what it is :(

Pie-Minister is a taste sensation and the main reason that many people go to EP. In fact, anyone who goes to EP and doesn't spend 20 minutes in the Pie Minister queue can be considered to not having really been at the festival.

Go Forth and Pie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Adamocovic wrote: »
    This will be my first time at Electric Picnic, anyone have advice on what its like? Other than music what else is there to do? What is the campsite like? And important stuff like the price of beer :P can you bring your own cans to the concerts or only purhcase beer there and drink your own cans in the campsite only?

Sorry to be annoying asking questions but I wasn't even planning on going until Interpol got announced and bought my ticket quickly ha! Don't have much of an idea what the actual weekend will be like

1. Lots of non-music stuff to do. I usually spend a few hours in the comedy tent, if there's someone interesting in the Mindfield I'll go along to that (a sort of spoken word tent that has debates, talks or readings), then they have random crap like a funfair, a few different bars, etc.

2. The general rule for the campsite is the closer you are to the arena entrance, the messier, noisier and more crowded it gets. The 'Jimi Hendrix' campsite is the worst on this front (or best, depending on what you want), 'Janis Joplin' is the furthest away and so is usually the quietest. Overall, the campsites aren't too bad but you will have to queue for the portaloos and they will stink.

3. Beer is expensive and generally only of the Heineken variety. You cannot bring your own into the concerts, unless you go down the route of stuffing cans into your jocks and hoping you don't get frisked.

Sure look, finding out all this stuff for yourself is half the fun. It's great craic and usually a really good, happy vibe around the place (weather permitting...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

1. Lots of non-music stuff to do. I usually spend a few hours in the comedy tent, if there's someone interesting in the Mindfield I'll go along to that (a sort of spoken word tent that has debates, talks or readings), then they have random crap like a funfair, a few different bars, etc.

2. The general rule for the campsite is the closer you are to the arena entrance, the messier, noisier and more crowded it gets. The 'Jimi Hendrix' campsite is the worst on this front (or best, depending on what you want), 'Janis Joplin' is the furthest away and so is usually the quietest. Overall, the campsites aren't too bad but you will have to queue for the portaloos and they will stink.

3. Beer is expensive and generally only of the Heineken variety. You cannot bring your own into the concerts, unless you go down the route of stuffing cans into your jocks and hoping you don't get frisked.

Sure look, finding out all this stuff for yourself is half the fun. It's great craic and usually a really good, happy vibe around the place (weather permitting...)

Cheers! Really looking forward to it, liking the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€6 "service charge" to post new tickets, after originals were posted to my old address I was living at when I ordered the damn things back in September. Chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Do they cancel the originals? You'd be worried about showing up and being told the tickets have already been scanned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They do cancel the original as far as i know. Thats how people get caught not being able to get in with legit looking tickets, some one sold them cancelled ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pie-Minister?

Car-au-vin?

Names The Simpsons would be proud of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Synode wrote: »
    Do they cancel the originals? You'd be worried about showing up and being told the tickets have already been scanned

They do cancel the originals yeah, physical tickets aren't really any safer than e-tickets in that regard.

maximoose wrote: »
    They do cancel the originals yeah, physical tickets aren't really any safer than e-tickets in that regard.

Unless you get it stamped and approved by ticketmaster's tout website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lc180 wrote: »
    Finally someone talking some sense!

It's only 10 am but I would murder a Pie-Minester right now

PieMinister sorted me out on a very sluggish Sunday afternoon in 2013, I sat in the tiered seating and listened to whoever was on and slowly munched away on pie, mash and peas..the job.

This year I plan to eat more pies and drink less booze..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I had around 5 of the deerstalker pies last year at EP. I think I spent more money at Pie-minister than I did at the bars.

I'm allergic to red meat but the description written on that box is so appealing...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

YurOK2 wrote: »
    I'm allergic to red meat

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Someone has probably mentioned it already but last remaining tickets are showing up on the ads.

mejulie805 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, it's pretty shítty.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I really want to go ths year as i have never been to EP before.

The problem is i have no one to go with at the moment and I'm worrying that if i don't get a ticket soon they'll be sold out.

There is usually a few from my area that end up going so hopefully I'll be able to tag along with them - if i was to get a ticket and didn't go would it be possible to sell it on? Is this allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

A few people in this thread (including me) have mentioned wanting to see Mew play. They're supporting St. Vincent in Iveagh Gardens. Just fyi..

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

lbj666 wrote: »
    Someone has probably mentioned it already but last remaining tickets are showing up on the ads.
    Well that's the idea of ads innit, to get you to buy things. I think it'll sell out, and relatively soon, but I wouldn't pay much heed to marketing gimmicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

The problem is i have no one to go with at the moment and I'm worrying that if i don't get a ticket soon they'll be sold out.

There is usually a few from my area that end up going so hopefully I'll be able to tag along with them - if i was to get a ticket and didn't go would it be possible to sell it on? Is this allowed?
    yes and yes.

it will be very easy to sell it on when it sells out. stick it up on toutless.com and you'll have someone to buy it within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

Viet Cong have self confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 llewelynmoss

Will this sell out quickly?

Funds aren't too good right now so I was hoping to wait until June/July to purchase my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Viet Cong have self confirmed.

They were already on the line up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Will this sell out quickly?

Funds aren't too good right now so I was hoping to wait until June/July to purchase my tickets.

You might get away with it but the new additions might be sealing the deal for people to get their tickets now! I believe the alternative camping choices are almost sold out if not sold out? So A.s.a.p to avoid disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

I did that two years ago, waited around to hear if mates were going. Missed out on tickets by two hours when they got back to me. Was absolutely devastated. Would have been easier to sell them if I wanted. BIG mistake waiting. All my mates went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

"Whoooo hoo" tickets came today!!!

Keeps quiet for weeks and then boom comes in with a cold precise killer view! Love it! You can always count on Beanseybeasey for a bit O wisdom!
    The best tip ever was to bring just one glove for night time when ur holding a cold can! That's evolution of boozing outdoors right there!! I'd say grew up on linden village? ;)

-=al=- wrote: »
    I believe the alternative camping choices are almost sold out if not sold out?

All sold out now as far as I know.
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    The best tip ever was to bring just one glove for night time when ur holding a cold can!

Or bring 2 and make a friend ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Adamocovic wrote: »
    This will be my first time at Electric Picnic, anyone have advice on what its like? Other than music what else is there to do? What is the campsite like? And important stuff like the price of beer :P can you bring your own cans to the concerts or only purhcase beer there and drink your own cans in the campsite only?

Sorry to be annoying asking questions but I wasn't even planning on going until Interpol got announced and bought my ticket quickly ha! Don't have much of an idea what the actual weekend will be like

//The fatfrog EP 21 tips for a successfully weekend!!//

1: Don't be a dick.

Prepare:
    2: Get a decent tent, don't skimp too much on cost, use the 1/2 rule on berth, 4-6 berth will only suit 2-3 people and their ****. Get 2000mm3 hydrostatic head If possible, don't touch anything under 1500!
    3: Stuff is heavy particularly beer, day one and three involve allot of walking with said stuff! If you can get some form of trolley, large wheels >150mm diameter.
    4: Get a "festivals essentials list" from the net.
    5: The little things can make the difference and are hard to come by/expensive or even sold out when there, bandages if ur feet get cut up, insoles. An EP Friday, I clocked 10km map my run before battery died.
    6: Most rarely spent 72hours outdoors in the fresh air, real chap lip time, so Vaseline a must.
    7: Alcohol can be taken into camp sites but not into main arena, no glass anywhere!! They will take if from you if they find it.
    8. Chill the beers beforehand and wrap in hypothermic foil (it's cheap on eBay)
    https://twitter.com/epcountdown/status/483925388125827072
    9: Its early September so it can get cold at night, double sleeping bag, jumpers hat and jackets are a must.

While there:
    10: Tent up before any cans, golden rule!
    11: When picking a camping spot avoid large groups, the individuals/smaller groups are more likely to have the craic with you and ensure you befriend your new neighbours, let them know you'll look out for them and hopefully they'll do the same for you!!.
    12: Don't camp in a hollow, near a fence or toilets, spotlights are good "landmarks" but can have noisey generators at the base.
    13: Day and night to consider with a pitched tent, half the length of the guy ropes and pitch them tight to the perimeter of the tent canvass, don't try to cut off paths with a wall of guy ropes, that might work in daylight but at night time it's likely to take your tent down or cause damage.
    14: Don't be that guy playing wonder wall on an acoustic guitar! If you bring a guitar you must be a concert level musician, that can play atleast 1000 songs, no repeating allowed and no booze at any time!!
    15: Toilets in the camp sites are pretty bad as you can imagine! If you really need to "sit" on the seat, and can "plan", the toilets in the main arena are cleaned overnight, go in there first thing they should be nice and clean.
    16: Baby wipes are the ****! Don't bother wasting time with big roll, it's inefficient and takes up space.
    17: Make sure you don't sit in the camp site boozing all weekend!

In the arena:
    18: If in a large group you need to be selfish, it's a nightmare trying to get moving, some need to get booze, others need the jacks, some want to go this way etc etc. If you keep a large group together you'll spend half your time waiting.....Move in groups of 2-3 with like minded folk!
    19: Take it easy on the sauce, it's a marathon not a sprint! If your over indulge on Friday it can ruin your weekend!
    20: Don't make a strict plan, it's never going to happen, the only plan should be make sure you see as much as possible.
    21: Don't be a dick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

If you don't have time to read all that, just bring down a load of pingers and booze and something to sleep under and you'll have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you don't have time to read all that, just bring down a load of pingers and booze and something to sleep under and you'll have a good one.

Sez Rough Sleeper. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

-=al=- wrote: »
    You might get away with it but the new additions might be sealing the deal for people to get their tickets now! I believe the alternative camping choices are almost sold out if not sold out? So A.s.a.p to avoid disappointment!

Pink moon camping still available. :)

Advertisement