Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    "Whoooo hoo" tickets came today!!!

Keeps quiet for weeks and then boom comes in with a cold precise killer view! Love it! You can always count on Beanseybeasey for a bit O wisdom!
    The best tip ever was to bring just one glove for night time when ur holding a cold can! That's evolution of boozing outdoors right there!! I'd say grew up on linden village? ;)

THhe beer mitt tip is one of my more inspired inventions!! I am sure I could have made a fortune out of it.

Though I have been told theres a fine line between my brand of wisdom and absolute stupidity! Good to hear from you again dude :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

//The fatfrog EP 21 tips for a successfully weekend!!//

5: The little things can make the difference and are hard to come by/expensive or even sold out when there, bandages if ur feet get cut up, insoles. An EP Friday, I clocked 10km map my run before battery died.

Rule 22: Phone battery is precious. Do not wander around EP with mapmyrun draining it. In fact, turn off your data completely, your battery will last vastly longer.

And while I'm on the subject of phones:

Rule 23: Don't stand there with your phone in the air taking videos of the gigs. It will kill your battery (see #22), you won't get any enjoyment from the gig and you'll never watch the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

12: Don't camp in a hollow, near a fence or toilets, spotlights are good "landmarks" but can have noisey generators at the base.

Or a goddamn tree. Thanks for thinking this is an additional urinal boys :pac:

Also,
    • a €20 portable charger in Aldi is a godsend for phones, cameras and ecigs alike,
    • Windbreakers are great for protecting that section of your camping area covered in ropes and pegs,
    • Black bags are a must- helps keep your area clean so you're not waking up to Friday afternoon's abandoned coleslaw sambo :confused:
    • If you want to carry toilet paper everywhere, go for pocket tissues and not rolls. That stuff is not nice when it's crumpled
    • Hand sanitiser is your friend
    • +1 on going into the arena to use the toilets in the morning, or if you're up early enough in the campsite to be one of the first after the cleaning (around 7am last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Rule 22: Phone battery is precious. Do not wander around EP with mapmyrun draining it. In fact, turn off your data completely, your battery will last vastly longer.

What is this, 2005? Get a battery pack and use your phone as much as you want.

Get this and you'll have 2 full charges over the weekend:

Anker Battery Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anker Battery Pack

Anker have a 15KmAh pack which does not cost much, was able to charge my phone twice and 4 other peoples phones last year with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anker Battery Pack

Ha in 2005 our nokia phones would have lasted for weekend no bother. Edit it was only a 2 day festival back then too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Yes, I know, but if you're wandering around a field in Laois, your phone has to work extra hard to maintain a signal so your battery drains quicker even if it's just sitting in your pocket.

Add in power-hungry apps like mapmyrun or anything that uses location, take a load of photos and videos and you'll be doing very well to get through a day without re-charging (especially if you have an iPhone).

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I am hoping for Palma Violets, their new album is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anker Battery Pack

Going to get myself one of these!! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

andreac wrote: »
    Going to get myself one of these!! Thank you.

Make sure you order one early. I left it too late to order one last year so it didn't arrive until the day I got home.

• Advertisement

Make sure you order one early. I left it too late to order one last year so it didn't arrive until the day I got home.

Will do. Will do it when i get paid at end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this one is better value IMO, should get about 8 full charges for a smartphone out of it:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SR5N5HU/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

8. Chill the beers beforehand and wrap in hypothermic foil (it's cheap on eBay)
    https://twitter.com/epcountdown/status/483925388125827072

I remember thinking of this all on my own in 2013! Can't express how proud of myself I was and how much of a BSD I thought I was rocking up with my Silver Space Cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Any news on the leave no trace camping for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

proudi wrote: »
    Any news on the leave no trace camping for this year?

I messaged EP on facebook a while back asking about it and they said there would be news on this 'shortly'.

Nothing as of yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

I messaged EP on facebook a while back asking about it and they said there would be news on this 'shortly'.

Nothing as of yet though
    Ah cool. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

I am hoping for Palma Violets, their new album is fantastic

I ran into Chilli before their set in 2013 and the man was completely off his game, don't know how he managed to make it on stage. Cracking gig all the same, one of the best of the weekend. Saw them in Cyprus Avenue a few months later and they were even better then. They would be a fantastic addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

And while I'm on the subject of phones:

Rule 23: Don't stand there with your phone in the air taking videos of the gigs. It will kill your battery (see #22), you won't get any enjoyment from the gig and you'll never watch the video.

Thats covered by rule #1 "don't be a dick!!":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭MW2FAN

Can't believe demarco was announced. Will be nice to here his new album live. And amyone know what day he's playing? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

If war on drugs are not on at about 7pm just as the sun is going down, I'll be unhappy.

If war on drugs are on in a tent at any time, there'll be all out rioting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Easy Rod wrote: »
    If war on drugs are not on at about 7pm just as the sun is going down, I'll be unhappy.

If war on drugs are on in a tent at any time, there'll be all out rioting.

I seen them on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury, it was Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining beers in hand just pure bliss!! That was a perfect timing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I seen them on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury, it was Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining beers in hand just pure bliss!! That was a perfect timing!:D

I was right there with you! Ditched about 20 of my mates who went to see Blondie and went on my own and it was one of the highlights of the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

My phone spends the majority of the time on airplane mode during EP. Only turn it on fully If I part ways with people to watch seperate bands and can't find them, and once every few hours to check for texts etc.

Also, put on airplane mode when charging. It speeds up the process.

There's a link on their fb page about upgrading to VIP for 65euro if you are staying in Pink Moon Camping. Does anyone know if it is worth upgrading or is it just better toilets etc that are in there?

Already paying quite a bit between the tent etc with Pink Moon so not sure if i have another 65. Might be best to keep it for spending instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm not going to bother. Seems like a bit of a racket to get more money out of you. Anyone who's stayed in Pink Moon, any comments on what the toilets are like?

Synode wrote: »
    I'm not going to bother. Seems like a bit of a racket to get more money out of you. Anyone who's stayed in Pink Moon, any comments on what the toilets are like?

Yeah im thinking that too. Pink Moon looks quite good regardless of VIP with their own toilets etc so prob not much point paying another 65 for VIP. Our tent is costing 249 as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Anker have a 15KmAh pack which does not cost much, was able to charge my phone twice and 4 other peoples phones last year with it.

Got a portable charger on the way to Glastonbury last year - lasted me the whole festival, 5 days and worked perfectly. I'd leave it in the charge tent when not using it so it was constantly full of juice. Will definitely be bringing it although I don't plan on using my phone much over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

I was there too! It was Friday wasn't it? I remember it being really cloudy and bleak out and when they started playing the sun broke through and was pure brilliant!

Can't wait for the EP set!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I was right there with you! Ditched about 20 of my mates who went to see Blondie and went on my own and it was one of the highlights of the weekend!

I did the same before running off to catch a bit of Jungle (although it was early Friday not Sunday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »

They're fine, usual caveats apply though, have your own bog roll and bring wet wipes to give the seat a quick disinfect first as per bogs else where but there's lots of them and they won't be over flowing.

Advertisement