Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

pie minister missed a trick. could've called themselves pie minceter like a mince pie

bar the holy pie minister what other good food is there I'd a bucket of noodles last year they were pretty good, and had a pulled pork sandwich that would make you take off your turban to wear as a bib it was so good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

pie minister missed a trick. could've called themselves pie minceter like a mince pie

bar the holy pie minister what other good food is there I'd a bucket of noodles last year they were pretty good, and had a pulled pork sandwich that would make you take off your turban to wear as a bib it was so good

Kanum do a great Pad Thai and green curry.
    I think i had that pulled pork sandwich last year too. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Was that the burger place in B&S beside the swap shop? Because that was hands down the most glorious burger I have ever eaten. Most of my friends went straight up for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

The chicken byriani from Kinara Kitchen stall at EP last year was epic. I am now a regular at their place in Ranelagh to get a monthly fix.

I'm hungry now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

Did any of her mates on the same ones have any problems though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Ostrich burger is a great shout!

i got a free blue cheese burger in 2013, the woman handed me my burger and when I held up my money she gave me a weird look and didn't take it so I walked away.. still not sure what the story was, but it was a glorious burger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Effects wrote: »
    Did any of her mates on the same ones have any problems though?

Haven't heard any reports as yet but the toxicology report will apparently be published today. Ana Hick was outside the Twisted Pepper at 3 am on Saturday morning, so I presume she had been in the club so drink could've been consumed too like G & T's or Jagerbombs or whatever.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The chicken byriani from Kinara Kitchen stall at EP last year was epic. I am now a regular at their place in Ranelagh to get a monthly fix.

I'm hungry now.......

Let's hope the EP never loses the emphasis on food quality!

Ah man I've had some quality meals there! Sure drink taken in Some cases but even sober, falafels! Auuuggghhhh! (That drooling sound Homer Simpson makes!)
    There's a definite pattern to my eating, Friday tent up! Cans!! Tend to forget to eat from then on, not so bad sat, but catches up with me on Sunday big time, body just craving calories in order to keep going, I eat the Fooking place up!

I'm hungry too!!

i got a free blue cheese burger in 2013, the woman handed me my burger and when I held up my money she gave me a weird look and didn't take it so I walked away.. still not sure what the story was, but it was a glorious burger

There are 3 possibilities here;

1: You were wearing a mask and had a gun.

2: Your pants were down around your ankles.

3: The tenner you were waving at her was actually a napkin!!

I think it's likely to be all three ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Fatfrog wrote: »

Option 4, the vendor had recently consumed some acid and found it strange that the person she was serving was actually in 2 dimensions

Last year there was some chipper open really late...it was after the rave in the woods closed anyway and the boys inside it were absolutely hammered, blaring tunes having a great laugh...I even got invited to join haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I did that last year:o Twice:o At the same food stall:o I got such a fúcking slagging all weekend. It happened on the Friday night so for the rest of the weekend anytime we were queuing up for food my friends started telling everybody in the queue about it and the whole lot of them would take the mick out of me then:rolleyes::pac:

I eat like a king at EP every year, fúck the diet because you burn it all off metabolising whatnot;) and dancing.
    Saba gets many visits over the weekend.
    The Saturday morning/afternoon is probably when I go about sampling the different cuisines, having a walkabout and chilling out.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR!!! For me, the line-up this year is the best for me since I started going and they haven't even announced everybody yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Where did you get this pulled pork sandwich?!?!?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Where did you get this pulled pork sandwich?!?!?

https://niallmcquaid.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/dsc04264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Let's hope the EP never loses the emphasis on food quality!

Ah man I've had some quality meals there! Sure drink taken in Some cases but even sober, falafels! Auuuggghhhh! (That drooling sound Homer Simpson makes!)
    There's a definite pattern to my eating, Friday tent up! Cans!! Tend to forget to eat from then on, not so bad sat, but catches up with me on Sunday big time, body just craving calories in order to keep going, I eat the Fooking place up!

I'm hungry too!!

Yep, SUnday is food day. Lots of soakage for the previous 3 days so I have the confidence to drive on the Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

i got a free blue burger in 2013

Cool story!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11220077_10153324400234168_418200251901535455_n.jpg?oh=95a951bfe401000a6507134c1f2fa60b&oe=55C12E01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Is the addition of Trenchtown the only change to that lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

As far as I can see it is..

Rarely spend time in Trenchtown when there are acts in the main arena. I do like Interskelactic though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i don't think i've even been in Trenchtown in about 5 years.
    have been camped in Oscar Wilde so just go campsite -> Salty Dog -> Arena, and the same on the way back.
    don't pass it going to RBMA stage either.

it's in a bit of a no-mans-land where it is IMO

Trenchtown is a great spot early on in the day when you're feeling just a bit ill from the night before, head in for a bit of reggae and a smoke, sorts ya right out! Bit of food and hit the cans then before hittin the main arena!

Ah Picnic :) We're lucky to have it in fairness.

wonder will Will Softly be traveling with the funktion 1 or just doing a set on revelation sound system's rig

Sam Smith is pretty much still up there top level in the listing, I think someone suggested he'd been demoted in a FB post.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sam Smith is pretty much still up there top level in the listing, I think someone suggested he'd been demoted in a FB post.

He's not gonna move. The only people that know anything are ep staff, not some random fb post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ah delighted to see Braintheft on the bill for trenchtown. One of the members is from the same town as me, great producers and supposedly huge over in Berlin

A little something if you're not familiar with them, probably my favourite of their tunes

keithkk16 wrote: »
    He's not gonna move. The only people that know anything are ep staff, not some random fb post.

It's festival republic staff, and yes I would fully expect festival republic staff to be in control of the various media outlets including Facebook! Who else would do it!!????????
    I didn't claim he was or is moving position, simply stating from the most up-to-date poster that he hadn't moved as suggested by someone in an earlier post.

Just had the maddest thought, can anyone remember Tourist's closing set on Sunday night on the Body & Soul main stage two years ago, wouldn't it be absolutely fcuking amazing if Jon Hopkins got the 2.30 - 4 am slot at the Body & Soul main stage to close out Sunday night, I can't think of anything better there that would keep me from going to Rave in the Woods or Trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

It's festival republic staff, and yes I would fully expect festival republic staff to be in control of the various media outlets including Facebook! Who else would do it!!????????
    I didn't claim he was or is moving position, simply stating from the most up-to-date poster that he hadn't moved as suggested by someone in an earlier post.

That was honestly just stupidity on everyone's part who said it because they were reacting to the poster that only had the new artists announced that day. Naturally they led with Blur because that's the big story! So it looked like this:

Blur
    Sam Smith - Grace Jones
    Fka twigs - Mac demarco etc etc

So people thought Sam Smith had been suddenly become a sub headliner, when all it meant was that Blur was the focus of the new announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Just heard Run the Jewels for the first time over the last couple of days….wow! Anyone else into them? Insane energy and creativity.

Pity Forbidden Fruit bagged them.

Thanks for the Braintheft link….really interested in checking them out now.

Advertisement