Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah they're great, both albums are excellent.
    hoping that they'll be announced after FF, they're playing Reading&Leeds the week before EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Ah delighted to see Braintheft on the bill for trenchtown. One of the members is from the same town as me, great producers and supposedly huge over in Berlin

From Rush by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

hoping that they'll be announced after FF

Usually international acts only play one of the Irish festivals though, am I right?

Is there precedent for EP getting some FF acts?

Would be delighted to see Run The Jewels and some of the FF bill in Stradbally....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

SmallBalls wrote: »
    From Rush by any chance?

You know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Usually international acts only play one of the Irish festivals though, am I right?

Is there precedent for EP getting some FF acts?

Would be delighted to see Run The Jewels and some of the FF bill in Stradbally....

They are playing Primavera in Porto so I will see them there. Are they not playing Barcelona too, Grudgehugger? Sure you will see them there

• Advertisement

Sure you will see them there

Indeed I will (barring major issues migrating from one end of the Forum to the other at the end of Sleater-Kinney), no objection to seeing them twice though.

Would love to see the likes of Jamie XX, Nicolas Jaar and Floating Points added to EP...

Indeed I will (barring major issues migrating from one end of the Forum to the other at the end of Sleater-Kinney), no objection to seeing them twice though.

Would love to see the likes of Jamie XX, Nicolas Jaar and Floating Points added to EP...

That's quite the distance to cover! EP does have some gaps in the dance category but it has Despacio and I know where I will be all night when that's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

yeah they're great, both albums are excellent.
    hoping that they'll be announced after FF, they're playing Reading&Leeds the week before EP.

I think they're likely to be added, heres hoping anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I doubt it , international acts rarely show up again the same summer and they are in croatia on the saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can't wait for these, hopefully on early in the day in the sun :)

• Advertisement

That's quite the distance to cover! EP does have some gaps in the dance category but it has Despacio and I know where I will be all night when that's on!

I'm hoping for Despacio on the Friday night - looks like a pretty cool set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hopefully they will take over the Electric Arena as that wasn't in use Friday night last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully they will take over the Electric Arena as that wasn't in use Friday night last year.

I think Belle & Sebastian are playing the EA on friday night , Maybe through Despacio in Rankins?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Where was James Murphy on the Friday night last year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Where was James Murphy on the Friday night last year?

Electric Arena

Thought that. So despacio will be more than likely set up there I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Pretty sure Ep replied to someone on fb saying Despacio is getting it's own tent like glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, they did.
    no chance they'll get something as big as the Electric Arena.

i was going on the assumption that they'd be playing every night too, like at Glastonbury.

Every night!! Excellent.
    Sounds like a smaller tent then.

It has to be electric arena on the Friday. It's the only tent big enough and they need to set up/strip down time that Friday gives them unless they bring their own, which would basically mean I'm camping there all weekend

• Advertisement

yeah, they did.

i was going on the assumption that they'd be playing every night too, like at Glastonbury.

They could end up using little big tent, cosby tent or rankin woods for it on friday night which have been left unused the past two years on friday, that way they have time to setup and pack up before things start on sunday.

Either that or a small tent for the whole weekend. A weekend gig is something they would do for glastonbury because its so big but i am not sure for EP since its smaller that it would keep peoples attention for the whole weekend.

It has to be electric arena on the Friday. It's the only tent big enough and they need to set up/strip down time that Friday gives them unless they bring their own, which would basically mean I'm camping there all weekend

That tent in the youtube clip is no where near as big as the electric arena , the have specially designed those speaker stacks themselves so they could be very specific about what size tent they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

yeah, they did.

Yeah I got the impression they would be playing every night too. Don't know if any of you ventured down to the Jerry Fish tent (I think?!) last year but I wouldn't be surprised if Despacio were given something like that. I wonder how long they will play for each day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/belle-sebastian-play-electric-picnic-2015

Belle & Sebastian headlining Electric Arena on the Friday night as per the initial announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

St. Etienne are playing Foxbase Alpha in it's entirety at the National Concert Hall in Dublin on the 8th of September.

Would have been great at the picnic just 2 days fecking earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-21-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/folding-carry-truck/

These are back in aldi today. Makes the trek from the car park so much easier.

lbj666 wrote: »
    they have specially designed those speaker stacks themselves so they could be very specific about what size tent they need.

Yep, they'll have a specific set-up in mind and it won't be anything like electric arena size I'd say.

Would be great if they played more than the one day - here's hoping....

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Has anybody here used the Pink moon camping? 4 of us are thinking of hiring a 6 man tent this year....Would that be ok to fit 4 blokes? I dunno what size exactly the tent would be....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Has anybody here used the Pink moon camping? 4 of us are thinking of hiring a 6 man tent this year....Would that be ok to fit 4 blokes? I dunno what size exactly the tent would be....
    Buy a 2-3 man tent for yourself. Trust me. You'll thank me afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Buy a 2-3 man tent for yourself. Trust me. You'll thank me afterwards
    Have done that for years m8. Wanted to try something differant this time round.

Advertisement