Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Has anybody here used the Pink moon camping? 4 of us are thinking of hiring a 6 man tent this year....Would that be ok to fit 4 blokes? I dunno what size exactly the tent would be....

Am doing year 3 with pink moon in september, had a two man to myself the last two years but sharing with a cousin this year so have bumped up from the standard two man to the rainbow two man tipi thingy cos the standard might sleep two blokes but defo not good for two blokes with their gear.

You're probably fine with 4 people in it, the "space" that the other two would usually occupy will vanish quickly for everyones kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Am doing year 3 with pink moon in september, had a two man to myself the last two years but sharing with a cousin this year so have bumped up from the standard two man to the rainbow two man tipi thingy cos the standard might sleep two blokes but defo not good for two blokes with their gear.

You're probably fine with 4 people in it, the "space" that the other two would usually occupy will vanish quickly for everyones kit.
    I'll prob be your neighbour in the rainbow tipi scruff. Myself and my friend booked one as the bell tents were sold out.
    Really looking forward to pink moon now. I did tangerine fields at oxegen a few years back and it was great being away from the mad campsite lol. Will enjoy this little bit of extra comfort I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Feck it...I booked the pink moon with a 6 man tent. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

We should have a boardsie pink moon meet up:)

Snarky Snark Snark

eeeeeh, how about no

(not havin internet weirdos intrudin on me weekend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id be up for a boards meet up over the weekend, I suggested it earlier in the thread but nobody seemed to keen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id be up for a boards meet up over the weekend, I suggested it earlier in the thread but nobody seemed to keen

Tried it last year but no fecker rocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Mince Pie wrote: »

I'd say best discussed the week of the festival - people *might* think a bit harder about it when it's only a day or three away.

I'd say best discussed the week of the festival - people *might* think a bit harder about it when it's only a day or three away.

Did that, even posted a pic of me hat to provide something to look for. Felt like a reet loser. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think Earthship stage in the Body & Soul Village would be a good spot for a meet, plenty of space around and Discotekken blasting out the funk and soul in the Radio Shack at the next stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ye see, what ye need to do is have some form of acknowledgement so that ye can recognise each other and nod at each other from a distance in approval, but not actually have to meet and more importantly introduce the people you are with to complete strangers who you don't know.

That way you can say that you saw loads of boards people, but not actually have to meet any of them...

cos lets face facts, deep down, you just know that half the people on here will rock up like this
    http://bit.ly/1elvR9Z

Proof in the pudding. Lol http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91958746

Although I seem to recall some randoms recognising the hat over the weekend and asking me was I a Boardsie. Lol
    I was a bit two sheets to the wind when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Did that, even posted a pic of me hat to provide something to look for. Felt like a reet loser. lol

All bad. There's always next (this) year. Don't let the b!stArds grind you down etc.

Let's discuss again September 1

Snarky Snark Snark

Proof in the pudding. Lol http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91958746

Although I seem to recall some randoms recognising the hat over the weekend and asking me was I a Boardsie. Lol

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Haha I remember reading that attempted meet up on last years thread...there was good promise for it too. In the end I just ended up drunk and with friends so it was forgotten about :o

Haha I remember reading that attempted meet up on last years thread...there was good promise for it too. In the end I just ended up drunk and with friends so it was forgotten about :o

Screw you engine Ian!! 5pm in the Friday for jaysis sake! Feck all else going on. :P

hqdefault.jpg

Not quite my good man! I'm a svelte lady. Blink blink

Screw you engine Ian!! 5pm in the Friday for jaysis sake! Feck all else going on. :P

My apologies, but it was my 1st picnic, it's safe to say I was well on it at that stage :P

My apologies, but it was my 1st picnic, it's safe to say I was well on it at that stage :P

No excuse, was popping my picnic cherry as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

I have to say, I didn't think much of the initial line-up but the additions are absolutely excellent. Something for everyone in it. Great diversity of acts. Mos Def, Paul Kalkbrenner, J5, Underworld (saw them at EP 12 and they were excellent), Future Islands etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Re: Meet up.

I can't bring the people I am with, which includes my two children. What a bad example that would be. 'Hey kids, say hi to all the people I met on the internet. What….eh, no I don't know their real names. No..no, I'm not sure what they are like in real life. Strangers? I suppose they are. Yes..yes..I know I said never talk to strangers, especially on the internet….eh…eh…ICE CREAM…let's get ice cream'. :-)

I'll go for a beer this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well my plan was ditch my friends and go to the boards meetup alone, if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sadie06 wrote: »
    Re: Meet up.

I can't bring the people I am with, which includes my two children. What a bad example that would be. 'Hey kids, say hi to all the people I met on the internet. What….eh, no I don't know their real names. No..no, I'm not sure what they are like in real life. Strangers? I suppose they are. Yes..yes..I know I said never talk to strangers, especially on the internet….eh…eh…ICE CREAM…let's get ice cream'. :-)

I'll go for a beer this year...

Aha I think you're worring about it too much Sadie!.. I'll be wearing leather headgear with a ball gag and on a leash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think he was confirmed yet, but A.Skillz is back again, playing on the Sunday:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialASkillz/photos/a.10150220972334940.335290.74075199939/10153367011684940/?type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeh I would like a boards meet up, the only thing is I'm on the festival site from the Monday prefest so I'll be offline. What I might do is pm one of you with my mobile number so you can confirm to me a meet up spot during the fest. Will wear my teapot hat if I can find it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Just do it....6.00 on Friday evening before we all go off the head....Quick pint and a chat.....

Yeah I'd be game for meeting early on the Friday. But again, there is a good chance I'll be well on it by that stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Ahem...yes we did. All 2 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Haha that was me and bennyob :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

never really gave belle an sabastian a chance before , talented band, enjoying checking them out now

Advertisement