Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

A 'live' performance or even DJ set of FBS own productions would have been infinitely more exciting than the edm/electro inspired turd he produced in 2013......anyway I'm looking forward to getting FF and Life festival over with so hopefully we can get some more electronic and DJ acts announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ah yeah, what Hopkins is doing there is brilliant, can't wait to see him. I think DM's push play point doesn't just extend to EDM, but it's not too hard to tell who is overly reliant on software and who's going at it live. A set can be too smooth as well! Give me a Motor City Drum Ensemble set that has a couple of hairy moments in the middle of it. At the end of the day anyway it's about the songs played and how they make you feel.

Would love to see MCDE, Horse Meat Disco, Calibre, Luvless, Jack J and some more feelgood stuff like Greg Wilson/Get Down Edits added

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I was hoping a good bunch of acts from this line up especially the electronic acts would be at EP but, doesn't look likely as there only a month apart. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGHW6xiWQAEQsqA.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sadie06 wrote: »
    FYP! :-)

I honestly couldn't care less. Daft Punk in Marley one of my all time favourite gigs…could have been anyone under those helmets…I didn't care.

That was a live set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That was a live set.

Ya that daft punk show was actually more "live" than it looked, they even messed with the visuals when they wanted to. Although the difference between the alive album and the bootlegs like from coachella isn't that huge.

daft_pyramid.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Heh, several pairs of jammies severely rustled....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya that daft punk show was actually more "live" than it looked, they even messed with the visuals when they wanted to. Although the difference between the alive album and the bootlegs like from coachella isn't that huge.

that set up in the photo is pretty straight forward and very much a live setup. Nothing too fancy there at all. I love that they use 2 x BCR2000s, which are "cheap as chips" budget midi controllers by Behringer(under 200 quid each). Nothing pretentious about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I have serious reservations about that Daft Punk setup, 2 Behringer Midi controllers (BCR2000)...seriously, who uses Behringer for a live performance, especially as high profile as Daft Punk??

Anyway, can't wait for Hopkins, in a tent hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

...seriously, who uses Behringer for a live performance, especially as high profile as Daft Punk??

Daft Punk do, it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Had my 2nd and 3rd instalments taken out today, anybody any idea when the tickets will be posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I have serious reservations about that Daft Punk setup, 2 Behringer Midi controllers (BCR2000)...seriously, who uses Behringer for a live performance, especially as high profile as Daft Punk??

Anyway, can't wait for Hopkins, in a tent hopefully.

MUST be in a tent!!! I really hope he's not in the RBMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Fatfrog wrote: »
    MUST be in a tent!!! I really hope he's not in the RBMA.

Why don't ya want him in the woods? I did see him in a tent at Samhain this year and was very very impressed but would he not absolutely kill it at the rave in the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

keithkk16 wrote: »
    What djs are you actually talking about? Electric Picnic wouldn't be the type of festival to book Djs like that.

Duke Dumont last year would be! I was there it was awesome but not much went on the way of ''djing''... MK this year will be of a similar vein I imagine.

CWF wrote: »
    Why don't ya want him in the woods? I did see him in a tent at Samhain this year and was very very impressed but would he not absolutely kill it at the rave in the woods?

Love rave in the woods don't get me wrong.

I think Hopkins is bit more subtle and chilled, I would prefer to see him perform in an enclosed space where heat, depth and atmosphere can build.

RBMA is a bit of a trek I usually find it splits up the night, once I go out there I don't generally go back to the main arena, so for one RBMA act it's a compromise of 4-5 main arena acts but hey that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Hopkins definitely won't play the rbma stage. Red bull decide on their own lineups for it and it's usually announced sometime in July. Hopkins is part of the main line up so he'll probably be in a bigish tent like little big tent or the heineken tent.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Hopkins definitely won't play the rbma stage. Red bull decide on their own lineups for it and it's usually announced sometime in July. Hopkins is part of the main line up so he'll probably be in a bigish tent like little big tent or the heineken tent.

Stop that now! I am pretty sure even EP are not calling that tent that name. That tent has always been and always will be Electric Arena.

Little Big Tent is too small for Hopkins. I reckon it will be Electric Arena. He packed out Midnight Circus last year at B&S. You couldn't get in. That tent is bigger than LBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Im flying out today to Porto in Portugal to the Portuguese Primavera. There is a fair bit of cross over between this and the EP line up so will have a sneak preview of what to expect. Will report back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Always enjoyed Ep for its mix of music covering so many tastes .
    Wandering introduced me to new bands and many alternate tastes to my own which soon grew on me .

however there were always bands and singers (which show my vintage but we all have our own !) that I was really looking forward to seeing .Truth is I spent the whole summer anticipating ...

The wailers ,the stranglers, portishead ,david Byrne and st Vincent ,johnny marr,bjork,robert plant ,the beat ,chic ,black uhuru,blondie,simple minds the list goes on and these were only examples over last two years.
    There were loads,loads more.....
    With the exception of Grace Jones there is nothing on the menu that fits the same vein....for me and many who enjoyed shows like those above it would appear we have become the forgotten.

For me Grace is the only unmissable over the three days so I am sincerely hoping that the next line up additions cater a little to the tastes outlined above and not just the laptop lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

bemmet wrote: »
    Wandering introduced me to new bands and many alternate tastes to my own which soon grew on me .

however there were always bands and singers (which show my vintage but we all have our own !) that I was really looking forward to seeing .Truth is I spent the whole summer anticipating ...

The wailers ,the stranglers, portishead ,david Byrne and st Vincent ,johnny marr,bjork,robert plant ,the beat ,chic ,black uhuru,blondie,simple minds the list goes on and these were only examples over last two years.
    With the exception of Grace Jones there is nothing on the menu that fits the same vein....for me and many who enjoyed shows like those above it would appear we have become the forgotten.

For me Grace is the only unmissable over the three days so I am sincerely hoping that the next line up additions cater a little to the tastes outlined above and not just the laptop lovers.

You should check out Curtis Harding. Would Blur not fit into that group above. I would have said there is a bigger emphasis on that type of music so far this year, most of the dance acts have not been announced yet

Im flying out today to Porto in Portugal to the Portuguese Primavera. There is a fair bit of cross over between this and the EP line up so will have a sneak preview of what to expect. Will report back next week.

Not jealous or anything!! :( enjoy!!!
    Any room in your suitcase??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

bemmet wrote: »

For me Interpol was the main reason I bought my ticket. I know people going, who asked if I would. I was unsure whether I was going to until I saw Interpol announced, bought my ticket within 30 minutes, on my phone hiding in the work toilets :pac:

I absolutely can't wait to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Catfish and the Bottlemen have been added to festival no 6, it could make them a possibility for EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Catfish and the Bottlemen have been added to festival no 6, it could make them a possibility for EP.

Some crossover between the two already so wouldn't rule it out but I'd expect it to be announced after Longitude if it is happening.

Hoping for a few additions for Festival No 6 myself, namely Gaz Coombes and Badly Drawn Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Some crossover between the two already so wouldn't rule it out but I'd expect it to be announced after Longitude if it is happening.

Hoping for a few additions for Festival No 6 myself, namely Gaz Coombes and Badly Drawn Boy.

I love the new Gaz Coombes album. I didn't realise they were playing Longitude, its probably less likely then although they've no other Irish date for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Is this nearly sold out? Anyone heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Well this is the first round of names for Electric Zoo on in the same weekend as EP. Most of them thankfully will not be at EP, although I seem mention of one or two of the artists suggested for Rave in the Woods.

I can't really see any of those artists playing the Rave, judging by Red Bull's line-ups for the past two years. Adam Beyer and Alan Fitzpatrick, maybe.

Edit: Actually, I can see Beyer playing there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well this is the first round of names for Electric Zoo on in the same weekend as EP. Most of them thankfully will not be at EP, although I seen some mention of one or two of the artists suggested for Rave in the Woods on this thread.

CF8aHp3XIAAHWXP.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Adam Beyer, Alan Fitz or Hot Since 82 would be great in the Rave. Especially after seeing Beyer in Hangar after FF, he quickly became my favourite DJ.

Advertisement