Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Belle + Sebastian playing next year
    Friday night headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Very happy with that for starters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

headlining the Electric Arena, not the Friday overall presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

headlining the Electric Arena, not the Friday overall presumably.

Yeah, they're not headlining the main stage. Heineken Electric Arena. Belle and Sebastian's twitter says "We're headlining Friday 4th Sept" though? Wee mix up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Electric arena according to Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Yeah, they're not headlining the main stage. Heineken Electric Arena. Belle and Sebastian's twitter says "We're headlining Friday 4th Sept" though? Wee mix up somewhere.

Cool maybe they'll have a full lineup on friday in there, unlike just a dj set last year and the intention of one the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Talk of Kanye West touring in 2015. Id love to see him but is he too big for E.P?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

MadYaker wrote: »
    Talk of Kanye West touring in 2015. Id love to see him but is he too big for E.P?

His ****ing ego is too big for the picnic and certain faction of his fans would not be too welcome either. Leaving his music out of it, I'd never go to a picnic again if he shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

lbj666 wrote: »
    His ****ing ego is too big for the picnic and certain faction of his fans would not be too welcome either. Leaving his music out of it, I'd never go to a picnic again if he shows up.

Leaving music out of it, I guess if John Lennon came back from the dead and played at EP you'd never go again seen as he beat his wives and emotionally abused his son.

But Kanye West is perhaps over confident and arrogant that people get there nose so ****ing high in the clouds when he is mentioned. Walk down any street and you'll find a few people who are just as big as dicks as him. ****ing get over it and stopped being so offended by nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Well, I'd still be very disappointed if he was announced for the reason that he was absolute toss live in Marley this year.

Love him as an artist and a producer etc, but he was woeful on stage. Obviously it would never happen anyway, more chance of Coldplay... :p

EDIT: Anyone want to give a crash course in the form of album/track recommendations for Belle and Sebastien to get a good impression? They're an act that I've just consistently overlooked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Either way Kanye wont headline EP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Kanye to headline and play My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy track by track with all the guest verses, calling it now :pac:

MattD wrote: »
    Anyone want to give a crash course in the form of album/track recommendations for Belle and Sebastien to get a good impression? They're an act that I've just consistently overlooked.

Check out their If You're Feeling Sinister album first. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

What's the chances of QOTSA playing Ep? They've never played it before have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Jesus Wept.
    Kanye West and Queens of the stone age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

lbj666 wrote: »
    Doris300 wrote: »
    Leaving music out of it, I guess if John Lennon came back from the dead and played at EP you'd never go again seen as he beat his wives and emotionally abused his son.

What an obscure reference. Does Kanye West beat his wifes also?
    The comment was (i presume) that Kanye West and the media circus that surrounds him is not in-keeping with the ethos of the festival, however diluted it may have become.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »

Jeeaaaaassus couldn't think of a worse act for the EP, he's an obnoxious bell end, absolutely shhhite live.

Imagine some of his hardcore fans idolising this kind of s**te

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ

http://youtu.be/LtoZOiBoY3I

What an obscure reference. Does Kanye West beat his wifes also?
    The comment was (i presume) that Kanye West and the media circus that surrounds him is not in-keeping with the ethos of the festival, however diluted it may have become.

Hardly obscure, a very understandable and related comparison.
    I have no idea what you mean by 'media circus'. If he were to play EP, he'd show up and perform and that's it. Not sure where 'media circus' comes into it.
    He's going to do Glastonbury eventually so why not EP? Musician's are often dicks it comes with the territory and I don't see why it's different for Kanye. He has definitely earned a headlining spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mentioning Kanye with the aim of creating a sh!tstorm never fails. Yeah he can be a dick and definitely has a huge ego, but he is an amazing artist.

But yeah he probably won't play EP so let's move on shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I'd be fairly sure the strokes will be one of the big headline acts this year.

I'd like see the pixies/radiohead as one of the main rock bands.
    Naughty by nature for the rap band.
    I'd like to see basement jaxx back as the big dance band
    Billy idol would be my 80's
    James as my 90s
    I would throw in the pogues for a mad one in the main tent on the Friday night
    I'd like to see grimes & Kiesza back to back in one of the tents this year.

• Advertisement

I could also see Kasabian in the running to EP unless they do their own outdoor show during the summer. Would also be happy with The Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Bit of Ben Klock, Nina Kraviz, Sam Paganini, Len Faki, Recondite etc...stick me in the Rave in the Woods for the duration with them and I'll be a happy man all E.P. long :D

I'd love to see the likes of Beach House, Jessie Ware, Earl Sweatshirt, Flaming Lips...Radiohead obviously would be massive!

Feck it, bring back Portishead, now that was a live experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Fka twigs to make up for her no show this year! Strokes sound good, could see alt j getting a big spot next year.

My mad hope every year is David Gilmour, so what do you know, maybe this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    Fka twigs to make up for her no show this year! Strokes sound good, could see alt j getting a big spot next year.

My mad hope every year is David Gilmour, so what do you know, maybe this year!

Would love David Gilmour, but I suppose he would be out promoting The Endless River Pink Floyd album, so will probably do a standalone rather than the Picnic. I said it before and will say it again, Aphex Twin, when is this guy going to play Ireland again, would also like Moderat to return and Jon Hopkins too. Iggy Pop & the Stooges and possibly Autechre as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I could also see Kasabian in the running to EP unless they do their own outdoor show during the summer. Would also be happy with The Strokes

Please god no...

Strokes might be alright.

Patti Smith is touring Horses, but it might suit Body & Soul timeframe better than EP.

Please god no...

Strokes might be alright.

Patti Smith is touring Horses, but it might suit Body & Soul timeframe better than EP.

Kasabian would be a better booking then AM imo and are a better live act

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Saw kasabian at Sziget a few years ago and thought they were terrible, no thanks.

I'm hoping for Manchester Orchestra, think they're already playing Reading and Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Friday night headliners

What a start ............ only 269 days and it will get be

Prepare by listening to "I want the world to stop"
    Belle & Sebastian back catalogue has recently been released on vinyl

Worth buying for the covers alone

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Friday night headliners

What a start ............ only 269 days and it will get better

Prepare by listening to "I want the world to stop"
    Belle & Sebastian back catalogue has recently been released on vinyl

Worth buying for the covers alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Kasabian would be a better booking then AM imo and are a better live act

I've no real love for Arctic Monkeys either, i'd prefer if they were both kept well clear.

They don't seem to be a complete shower of bellends like the other crowd though.

Advertisement