Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

So underworld are on Friday, blur are Saturday and Interpol are on Sunday ,as on their sites...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Well this is the first round of names for Electric Zoo on in the same weekend as EP. Most of them thankfully will not be at EP, although I seen some mention of one or two of the artists suggested for Rave in the Woods on this thread.

CF8aHp3XIAAHWXP.jpg

Ha ha Pete Tong!!

redzor wrote: »
    So underworld are on Friday, blur are Saturday and Interpol are on Sunday ,as on their sites...

In the vast majority of cases the acts web sites can't be trusted for exact performance day.
    The general feeling on here a couple of weeks back was, Underworld late Sat night on the main stage (I think this is a dead cert) and Blur Sunday night.
    But hey nobody predicted the Outkast-Beck double Sunday last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Electric Picnic

Despacio (James Murphy + 2manydjs) brings a mighty and unique celebration of sound to Electric Picnic with staggering six hour (vinyl only) sets each night (on the ultimate audiophile system). Find out more http://po.st/DespacioEP2015

11401461_10153376772274168_6962951991550592551_n.jpg?oh=41fe59a4ab036d6e141cf71a12ba01f9&oe=55EA8426

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Despacio doing 6 hours each night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

6 hours every night, all vinyl??

All of my yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BadTurtle wrote: »

Nice one!!! I absolutely love cold soup! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

BadTurtle wrote: »

A dedicated tent just for Despacio confirmed on EP Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

pmalone wrote: »

this sounds excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Sounds awesome, particularly if the scaled back Friday is happening again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

After Forbidden Fruit at the weekend I'd love if Jamie XX or Run the Jewels were announced. Probably unlikely that they would come back again but both were absolutely sensational. I'd imagine Young Wonder would be fairly nailed on to be announced after Longitude. They're another band who put on a seriously impressive live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One of my mates Oisin Daly is going to be playing with an act called Braintheft at Trenchtown this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭paulbok

pmalone wrote: »

I wonder will that be one of the usual tents re-purposed, or a new one altogether?
    If so where would it go? will they be expanding the site somehow with the increased capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

paulbok wrote: »
    I wonder will that be one of the usual tents re-purposed, or a new one altogether?
    If so where would it go? will they be expanding the site somehow with the increased capacity?

There's loads of room for new tents , once upon at time there was a cinema tent, silent disco tent, speigeltent, thisispopbaby , arcadia all around what they called the late night area. Now theres just that caravan sh1te.

Despacio tent will probably be the same size as the silent disco tent they had. Its not going to be one of the main tents altered for them. Some thing the size that jerry fish has is way too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Man i wish they would bring back Arcadia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yes and get rid of that poxy fun fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have the same feelings for that "fun" fair as I do for the Bacardi barmen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Arcadia are having their own weekend in Bristol the same weekend. They are getting dropped more and more from festivals so its not just the picnic.

Bestival started doing their own big pyro dance area a few years ago and they have parted ways with Boomtown fair (which they were the star of the show for a few year) because of nazi noise restrictions the local council were putting on them, boomtown have decided to doing their own setup thats a closed in space that keeps the sound in.

Its seem they are almost a victim of their own success after building the spider. The Spider thing is incredible but only festivals as big as glastonbury are willing to pay for it. They have had their issues with sound too at glastonbury.
    The smaller afterburner that was at the picnic , just feels less impressive after you've seen the spider and the novelty of it seems to have weared off that bit quicker.

They are starting to travel further a field to the US , NZ and Thailand now.

Apparently Arcadia is a bit different this year, not sure if they've tweaked the spider or changed the show. Will see at Glasto.
    Still think they should get rid of that poxy "fun" fair. Would be better if they just stuck a few fecking haybales and some spoons for me to play when I'm hiding from dad dancer bands.

My mates in the gypsy/Irish trad band Giro just got offered a spot on the Body & Soul main stage about 3am in the morning I think in Sunday morning, should be good craic.

• Advertisement

Man the cinema tent has been gone along time now, probably 06-07 was the last year. It did show an Irish football match which was wedged! 06 I think? Can't see it ever returning!

I don't think more tents are needed, but the existing tents need more capacity.
    At one time at the EP you could just stroll in at the exact starting time and get a reasonable spot for the act you want to see, which was great!!.
    The increase in capacity means you can't do this, you need to get there for the act before. Extra 5k apparently this year so will be more apparent. It's getting a bit packed like Glastonbury which isn't a good thing! I wanted to see royal blood in the john Peel tent last year, there well early!! Not a chance, was about 100m from the outside of the tent, pointless. Even if I did get inside it would mean not boozing or pissing in a bottle either isn't cool!

I'm a strong believer using the EP to escape reality and everyday attitudes, the vibe being chilled and layed back just like Jamaica ;). I think tent capacity is key to this, people start rushing stage to stage, seeing acts that you don't want to, simply there to get a spot, pushing up further, getting disappointed because you can't get near an act! the pressure gets cranked up!! When it starts to become 'hard work' that's not a good thing!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Man the cinema tent has been gone along time now, probably 06-07 was the last year. It did show an Irish football match which was wedged! 06 I think? Can't see it ever returning!

At one time at the EP you could just stroll in at the exact starting time and get a reasonable spot for the act you want to see, which was great!!.
    The increase in capacity means you can't do this, you need to get there for the act before. Extra 5k apparently this year so will be more apparent. It's getting a bit packed like Glastonbury which isn't a good thing! I wanted to see royal blood in the john Peel tent last year, there well early!! Not a chance, was about 100m from the outside of the tent, pointless. Even if I did get inside it would mean not boozing or pissing in a bottle either isn't cool!

I'm a strong believer using the EP to escape reality and everyday attitudes, the vibe being chilled and layed back just like Jamaica ;). I think tent capacity is key to this, people start rushing stage to stage, seeing acts that you don't want to, simply there to get a spot, pushing up further, getting disappointed because you can't get near an act! the pressure gets cranked up!! When it starts to become 'hard work' that's not a good thing!!

Yeah agree there, one just needs to remember the crowd for London Grammar last year, it was four deep around the outside perimeter of the Electric Arena.

Fatfrog wrote: »

Should have got to JP earlier :P You missed out on Reignwolf who was epic and got to the barrier for RB. With all the moshing right behind us. Was a deadly atmosphere.
    London Grammar at EP was epic as well but packed. Got there early for that as well.
    See you at Trenchtown for some Jamaican vibes then? My Jamaican brother in law is DJ'ing with his mate. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

They need new trenchtown DJ s, there was one guy playing and he was getting way too much time , wrecking grand songs with crazy effects .I'm sure this has been highlighted before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

lbj666 wrote: »
    There's loads of room for new tents , once upon at time there was a cinema tent, silent disco tent, speigeltent, thisispopbaby , arcadia all around what they called the late night area. Now theres just that caravan sh1te.

Despacio tent will probably be the same size as the silent disco tent they had. Its not going to be one of the main tents altered for them. Some thing the size that jerry fish has is way too small.

I actually loved the cinema tent... :(

I think a lot of that stuff has gone away to make room for the heavy branded stuff. I think thisispopbaby is now basically the Electric Ireland tent, and Cinema Tent is where there's a lot of radio and media junk now as far as I remember... That Vodafone village gets bigger every year as well.

Trailer Park is a nice new addition over the last couple of years mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There was a vodafone village?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

There was a vodafone village?

Its a great spot to hide out when its raining!

Snarky Snark Snark

But where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

But where was it?

Good question, it was in a tent originally near the Bacardi bar as I recall, can't remember where last years was.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

This isn't just the recharging tent thingy?

Advertisement