Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

This isn't just the recharging tent thingy?

there's that and then there's another Vodafone thingy, it was near the fancy campsite as far as i recall

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

Hey lads, wondering if anyone could give a little bit of insight. I'm heading to EP this year for the first time and am unsure what kind of bag to bring. I assume rucksacks are the norm and what kind of capacity would you be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hey lads, wondering if anyone could give a little bit of insight. I'm heading to EP this year for the first time and am unsure what kind of bag to bring. I assume rucksacks are the norm and what kind of capacity would you be looking at?

To quote Edmund Blackadder, you need something "More capacious than an elephant's scrotum, and just as difficult to get your hands on"

Rucksacks or satchels would be the order of the day. Ideally if you can, something waterproof and small, you don't want your stuff getting wet before you put it on but also you don't want to be pissing other people off swinging your bag into them in the tents/crowds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

jones 19 wrote: »
    They need new trenchtown DJ s, there was one guy playing and he was getting way too much time , wrecking grand songs with crazy effects .I'm sure this has been highlighted before.

Wrecking good tracks with sound effects and talking rubbish on the mic is standard practice with some reggae DJs, unfortunately. I don't think it's going to die out any time soon. But the worst has to be the white-skinned men-from-Mayo with their Jamaican patois accents. It's unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

not sure whether you mean for bringing in all your gear, or for walkabouts in the arena. For walkabouts in the arena, backpacks are a big no (especially in a packed tent) as they just annoy other people behind you. Satchel over the shoulder job is way better for that purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

What's Arcadia anyway? My first EP was 2012 so never experienced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What's Arcadia anyway? My first EP was 2012 so never experienced it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Rucksacks are good because;
    1) It's a long enough walk from the car park to the campsite, it's much easier with your stuff on your back. You'll see young wans struggling across Laois farmland with wheeled suitcases; this is not ideal.
    2) Rucksacks tend to have more compartments and pockets than other bags, keeping your stuff separated is very useful.

Capacity required depends massively on the weather. Rain and mud means frequent changes of clothes, multiple shoes and wellies; sunshine means a t-shirt for each day and a fleece for night-time.

Wonders what Arcadia is?

Sees video.

Remembers walking to, and being carried away from, Arcadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Rucksacks are good because;
    1) It's a long enough walk from the car park to the campsite, it's much easier with your stuff on your back. You'll see young wans struggling across Laois farmland with wheeled suitcases; this is not ideal.
    2) Rucksacks tend to have more compartments and pockets than other bags, keeping your stuff separated is very useful.

Capacity required depends massively on the weather. Rain and mud means frequent changes of clothes, multiple shoes and wellies; sunshine means a t-shirt for each day and a fleece for night-time.

Bring a couple of these, even in good weather the temperature can drop quite low at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

my rucksack is 85L and just about does me. would probably get a 120L one next time.

this one is an excellent price and people on another message board say it's good quality:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Camping-Backpack-Rucksack-Luggage/dp/B00U2TAPKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432187348&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I have a 75l rucksack myself that usually get pretty full and carry a bag or two to go with it. I'm a one trip kinda guy and have the eternal struggle to get all the gear to the campsite in one go! Bring a smaller backpack or something to keep the small things you might want to carry around the main arena etc...

A sleeping bag and a snuggie jumper thing are great for keeping warm when you settle down for the night and bring a pillow case to stuff clothes into and use as a pillow since it takes up very little space and does the trick. I'll prob try and bring an extra snuggie and sleep like a warm suave mofo, those things are soft, warm and pretty light and easy to carry :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

-=al=- wrote: »
    .. Bring a smaller backpack or something to keep the small things you might want to carry around the main arena etc...

Please don't do this for two reasons. Firstly, this is a great way to get your stuff nicked if you are in a crowd. Secondly, this is annoying for other punters behind you in a crowd. Pisses me off no end. Use a satchel instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bring socks and cans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

pmalone wrote: »
    Use a satchel instead.

Indiana Jones has one...

Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Indiana Jones has one...

His interestingly enough was a ww2 gas mask bag.

He also had a whip, i could see that being right handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm more of a stuff it all in my jacket pockets kinda guy myself but something like this is handy for bringing some cans around the place after hours. CBA with the hassle of looking after a bag myself, I'd most likely lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

would love to see Jamie T added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I just wear a big coat with thousands of pockets, it's useful if you need places to put things, or somewhere to sit, also if its cold you can sneer at others and the dirty looks that security give are worth the hassle of ever having to carry it around while not wearing it. if you have more than 3 pockets in total the people doing body searches actually just give up and try to stare through your soul with their xray vision

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Kink brings a nice bit to his Dj sets, like to see him added....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

pmalone wrote: »
    Please don't do this for two reasons. Firstly, this is a great way to get your stuff nicked if you are in a crowd. Secondly, this is annoying for other punters behind you in a crowd. Pisses me off no end. Use a satchel instead.

Nonsense

Snarky Snark Snark

leakyboots wrote: »
    Nonsense

Not really, at least two of us have said it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Florence is playing x2 gigs in Ireland Wed 9th September in Belfast and thur in Dublin!

Seems a bit odd right after the EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Florence is playing x2 gigs in Ireland Wed 9th September in Belfast and thur in Dublin!

That's every odd that an act would do that in Ireland.
    Normally a festival headliner would be an exclusive at least til later in the year. Its a sure sign picnic selling out soon, don't think Festival republic would let their sisters in MCD do that otherwise.

Most people are broke/broken from gigs by that stage, been some poor attendances at gigs over the years just after the summer season being finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

This is a blow for the EP, there will be people selling their tickets now and just head for the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ruxjit wrote: »
    This is a blow for the EP, there will be people selling their tickets now and just head for the O2.

Hardly, picnic is going to sell out in a matter of weeks regardless. It might annoy some florence fans alright. MCD have their ties with Festival Republic, i wouldn;t say they ran it by them but i am sure they would be conscious that it didn't comprise sales for EP.

If people are actually that uptight then good riddance to them.

Snarky Snark Snark

How so? A sold ticket is still a sold ticket regardless if the person the ticket was sold to actually turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fatfrog wrote: »

Makes sense imo. Florence is pretty big.
    Let's assume she's playing the Sunday, and those tickets sold out ages ago, so the the average punter can't get tickets to see her.
    Plenty of people would like to see her without having the trek of a festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's probably more for logistical reasons. they're playing a UK tour in September, so might as well leave the gear here for a few days then play the Irish shows, rather than bring it back to the UK for September, then come back here again at the end.
    they're off to America after that, so wouldn't be coming back in December or whatever for 2 shows on their own here....

Advertisement