Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Does anyone know if there is going to be a June lineup announcement or is the lineup pretty much complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

parabol wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is going to be a June lineup announcement or is the lineup pretty much complete?

There will be loads more mate, next announcement will probably be after Longitude passes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

parabol wrote: »

There are at least 25-30 more main arena acts needed to fill up the weekend (Assuming the Friday night is still reduced) ; but I think that's it for the big names. Hundreds of acts for body&soul, trailer park, RBMA & Barcadi still to be announced.

Separately, interesting review in the times on Primavera acts appearing at EP & Longtitude.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/a-glimpse-of-what-s-in-store-for-irish-festival-season-primavera-review-1.2234832

lbj666 wrote: »
    ........Its a sure sign picnic selling out soon, don't think Festival republic would let their sisters in MCD do that otherwise......

I think you could be right about it being close to selling out! Surely EP get exclusivity! The only thing that could change that is something like a bad contract, cancellation or sell out.

It's great that's she can do stand alone gigs and the EP in one week, but this is huge saturation and doesn't normally work, more of a negative for the artist if it doesn't work, that's why I'm thinking EP sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Should be a good few sunday tickets back on sales with the florence dublin gig being announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Should be a good few sunday tickets back on sales with the florence dublin gig being announced

Is she not playing on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Separately, interesting review in the times on Primavera acts appearing at EP & Longtitude.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/a-glimpse-of-what-s-in-store-for-irish-festival-season-primavera-review-1.2234832

Would have loved Sleaford Mods for EP so 'tis a shame they got booked for the Hanger Sept.19th. They've received rave reviews for their sets at Primavera this year.

Is she not playing on the Friday?

if I had to guess I'd say;

Fri: Grace Jones, Sam Smith
    Sat: Florence then underworld late slot
    Sun: Blur

I'm thinking Blur 100% for Sunday, so until they release day by day breakdowns I imagine most will be holding onto their Sunday tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Fatfrog wrote: »
    if I had to guess I'd say;

Fri: Grace Jones, Sam Smith
    Sat: Florence then underworld late slot
    Sun: Blur

I'm thinking Blur 100% for Sunday, so until they release day by day breakdowns I imagine most will be holding onto their Sunday tickets.

I would've though Florence is headlining the Sunday considering she was announced when sunday tickets went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Am just back from Primavera in Portugal where the festival has a fair bit of crossover with Electric Picnic. Highlights of the acts going to EP were:

Mac De Marco ( who crowd surfed during Caribou)
    Ride
    Underworld
    Viet Cong

I found Belle & Sebastian, FKA Twigs and Interpol a bit "meh", they just phoned it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Am just back from Primavera in Portugal where the festival has a fair bit of crossover with Electric Picnic. Highlights of the acts going to EP were:

Ride
    Underworld
    Viet Cong

I found Belle & Sebastian, FKA Twigs and Interpol a bit "meh", they just phoned it in

Can I ask why they were meh? Was it sound quality, performance, crowd or just not your cup of tea?

Really looking forward to seeing them live, honestly I doubt Ill notice if they arent great live because i'm looking forward to it so much and presumably will have a pint or two in my system :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I saw all 3 acts in Coachella this year and they were all fine in my opinion.
    Belle & Sebastian were playing the sunset set and it was a great time to chill on the grass and soak it in.
    Glad I caught FKA Twigs performance too. She gave it her all on stage even though her voice can sometimes get lost in the music.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Can I ask why they were meh? Was it sound quality, performance, crowd or just not your cup of tea?

Really looking forward to seeing them live, honestly I doubt Ill notice if they arent great live because i'm looking forward to it so much and presumably will have a pint or two in my system :pac:

FKA Twigs just didn't engage with the audience, did not create an atmosphere so the gig was "meh" though she is a good performer

Interpol got lost on a stage that was far too big for them, perhaps if they had played on the slightly smaller Super Bock or ATP stage they could have owned it better. The stage they were on is one of the biggest of any festival ive been too, bigger than anything at Glasto or Primavera Barcelona for example.

Belle and Sebastian had flashes of good but the difference in style they have undergone made the show hard to get into. perhaps by the time they get to EP they will have gotten it to more of a show.

Just my opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Caught Interpol in the Olympia and they were really great, but I agree the smaller stage probably suited them.

The EP main stage is a reasonable size though so I reckon they'll be great. Few of their new tracks are great live, All the Rage Back Home and Blue Supreme especially :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Caught Interpol in the Olympia and they were really great, but I agree the smaller stage probably suited them.

The EP main stage is a reasonable size though so I reckon they'll be great. Few of their new tracks are great live, All the Rage Back Home and Blue Supreme especially :)

Can't wait. Love the new album, did they cover the classics too when you saw them or focus mainly on the new stuff? Love the new stuff but hoping to hear the big songs from TOTBL Antics and Pioneer to the Falls

I agree, they were great in Olympia. I think the scale of the stage and the crowd was small than for other acts on the opening night, they struggled to "sell" it. Have higher hopes for them at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Ride
    Underworld
    Viet Cong

Lucky You, am hearing that underworld set is basically Dubnobasswithmyheadman plus rez/everything and slippy. is that true? how are the less upbeat tracks being received in festival setting.

Lucky You, am hearing that underworld set is basically Dubnobasswithmyheadman plus rez/everything and slippy. is that true? how are the less upbeat tracks being received in festival setting.

Underworld set was bloody brilliant, some of the less upbeat tracks did drop the mood but still was well received by the audience. No mean feat since Dan Deacon finished 10 mins before them and the crowd were on a real high looking for another high energy set.

Rez and Born Slippy were amazing but I think Rez edged it. I went with a large gang of 16, several of whom had seen them the week before at Barcelona and no-one was disappointed.

Roll on Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm a big fan but they are notoriously boring live. Wasn't blown away by any of their gigs.

Take a rather similar post-punk band like Editors while sonically inferior on record, will blow you away with a gig, Tom Smith is just sublime live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can't wait. Love the new album, did they cover the classics too when you saw them or focus mainly on the new stuff? Love the new stuff but hoping to hear the big songs from TOTBL Antics and Pioneer to the Falls

Pretty well rounded set though I would have preferred more from TOTBL and Antics.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/interpol/2015/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-23ca1057.html

Highlights were The New and and NYC!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Snarky Snark Snark

I'll be packing me bow and arrows if we do, just re-fletched them too and i need the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they played, typical Sunday afternoon main stage act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they played, typical Sunday afternoon main stage act.

Didn't Andrea Corr play in 2011?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

aaaand eeyyyyyy would run awaaaaaaaay........

(to the bar)

"Would you go through Jim to get to the three sisters?" Was the in statement at one point!!
    Fark me if they were I'd crack up!! I'm actually friends with Jim on Facebook (I had to hide his stream due to the utter ****e!!)
    I'd nearly ask him if they're booked only I don't want to give him any ideas!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Please don't, just don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I just gave Underworld Rez a listen pretty loud all the way through for the first time in a long time.

It made me cry a little….and yearn for the good old days. ;)

Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Take a rather similar post-punk band like Editors while sonically inferior on record, will blow you away with a gig, Tom Smith is just sublime live.

I have to disagree with this. The two times I've seen Editors I've been disappointed by how dull they are live.

I thought Interpol were great in the Olympia but a bit 'meh' at Open'er on the main stage a few months previously. They don't seem to have the stage presence or the sound to travel across a big field. I hope there not on the main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

sadie06 wrote: »
    I just gave Underworld Rez a listen pretty loud all the way through for the first time in a long time.

It made me cry a little….and yearn for the good old days. ;)

Cannot wait!

Probably one of the greatest songs ever, it's sad how most people just know them for Born Slippy.

Advertisement