Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Probably one of the greatest songs ever, it's sad how most people just know them for Born Slippy.

Classic
    https://youtu.be/2GSjitlWfTc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Probably one of the greatest songs ever, it's sad how most people just know them for Born Slippy.

I love Rez, but my fave tune of theirs has to be the "forgotten" original instrumental Born Slippy (not NUXX). It has zero relationship to the tune that everyone knows. Can't believe this is 1995. Don't think they are playing this live anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

[QUOTE I thought Interpol were great in the Olympia but a bit 'meh' at Open'er on the main stage a few months previously. They don't seem to have the stage presence or the sound to travel across a big field. I hope there not on the main stage.[/QUOTE]

They were on main stage when they played a few years ago, a Friday night I think. But agree, they would be better served in the Electric Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Hey,

has anybody created a playlist for Electric Picnic on Google Music? I see a Isle of Wight and Sound of Summer play list but non for EP (see https://play.google.com/music/listen#/situations/Nustkvxyk37gpypm7m4lu3auw6y ).

It would be cool.

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

echancrure wrote: »
    Hey,

has anybody created a playlist for Electric Picnic on Google Music? I see a Isle of Wight and Sound of Summer play list but non for EP (see https://play.google.com/music/listen#/situations/Nustkvxyk37gpypm7m4lu3auw6y ).

It would be cool.

thanks,

Try this, I'll try and add to it as more artists get added:

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXyl_SiKsCXlrhyORGsYcJFTElSrnMBFdaNZGrAAmZX4uLsvz2CSGgAdpHtfLufcsgHZRPJX73LQfJGBCKxGcyjoocLwwXQ==

EDIT: If anyone has any suggestions for songs to be added, I'd love to hear them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Tickets arrived…..yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hey,

It would be cool.

thanks,

not google play but there is a good one on Spotify.

EDIT: I just realised who I was replying to...you headed to EP too? I won't be wearing my singlet in Stradbally :-)

Try this, I'll try and add to it as more artists get added:

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXyl_SiKsCXlrhyORGsYcJFTElSrnMBFdaNZGrAAmZX4uLsvz2CSGgAdpHtfLufcsgHZRPJX73LQfJGBCKxGcyjoocLwwXQ==

EDIT: If anyone has any suggestions for songs to be added, I'd love to hear them.

Brill...

thanks!

not google play but there is a good one on Spotify.

EDIT: I just realised who I was replying to...you headed to EP too? I won't be wearing my singlet in Stradbally :-)

!

Cool, Google Play Music user here but thanks.

Wife bought full tickets ages ago. Will be our first time. Only now looking at the line up: I need to brush up hence the request.

My sub 3 and EP is wrecking havoc in my head re racing schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

sadie06 wrote: »
    Tickets arrived…..yay!

Anyone get a van ticket yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

!

Cool, Google Play Music user here but thanks.

Wife bought full tickets ages ago. Will be our first time. Only now looking at the line up: I need to brush up hence the request.

My sub 3 and EP is wrecking havoc in my head re racing schedule

yep, sure we need downtime too ;)
    I'm not going to do a huge amount until Cross Country :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

[OFF TOPIC]

I'm going to Avicii in Marlay Park and was wondering whats the best way to sneak booze in?

I have my EP ticket too don't worry xD Sorry for posting here just thought it'd be the best place as i'm sure a few of you here have experience in this field..

Grace Jones: Pull Up to Bumper, I've Seen That Face Before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Winmau77 wrote: »
    [OFF TOPIC]

I'm going to Avicii in Marlay Park and was wondering whats the best way to sneak booze in?

I have my EP ticket too don't worry xD Sorry for posting here just thought it'd be the best place as i'm sure a few of you here have experience in this field..

Honestly, no matter what anyone here recommends, it's a lottery. You can bet that the security checks at Avicii will be extensive, and they know most if not all of the tricks. The security company for these gigs will alter their practises depending on the act/crowd of the day. E.g. last year the line to get into Kanye was about forty minutes, Arcade Fire no line at all. You can bet Avicii will be a long wait and a fair pat-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Grace Jones: Pull Up to Bumper, I've Seen That Face Before

Sounds like a request to your mate driving you around...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

No van ticket yet! But looked on Ticketmaster and its not on the way yet!
    bullvine wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Guys can anyone remember when this sold out last year?

Remember 2013 was ~12th August.

Thinking about buying a ticket but would probably be leaving it til early August due to a couple of variables in the works!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

cson wrote: »

Thinking about buying a ticket but would probably be leaving it til early August due to a couple of variables in the works!
    Think it was some stage in July last year. There's no real way of telling what way it'll go; there was a bit of a frenzy after the last announcement but it died down in due course and I get the impression that there isn't much if a buzz about the festival as it stands. Over a month ago, the augers were saying that the tickets wouldn't last two weeks but that obviously hasn't come to fruition. You won't get a reliable answer here, it could sell out today. Could well hinge on how long the good weather holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

cson wrote: »

Its risky, rumors its close to selling out but only rumors, I thought it sold out around July last year but I could be wrong. Its bigger this year but with Blur playing who knows how that will affect things.

I also think a lot of people have bought extra ones, I go with a group of 4 other friends so since the disaster of 2013 we always buy an extra ticket just in case someone else needs one, plus for 154 euro you're not gonna lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sold out on the 31st of July last year, I'd say it will be sold out by mid July this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I think a lot depends on the increased capacity..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just thinking that the line up isn't really stellar and Florence playing a standalone in the Three Arena might snaffle a few away from it too.

Could always buy & then sell it if needs be I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

September is forecast to be a cracker so this will sell out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Liking the optimism on the weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

bullvine wrote: »

No not yet, was wondering about it? When are they usually sent out?

Unfortunately it's not possible to predict what the weather will be like three months from now, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

A postman from donegal can. He predicts snow in winter and a least a week of sunshine every year

nmg_ire wrote: »
    A postman from donegal can. He predicts snow in winter and a least a week of sunshine every year
    Yeah he's probably using cheats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

has jamie t ever played Ireland does anybody know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Finally got round to listening to blurs new album this week , it's awful scutter , hope they stick with the oldies at EP

Advertisement