Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Always wondered this? Never really been in the camper van site so can't say what's gone previously!!

In theory its pretty much the same thing?shouldn't be a problem? The only real negative is extra length/space when connected to the car.

One to ask the EP Twitter or Facebook about!

you can definitely do it in the campervan site. pretty sure they mention caravans on the website itself, or at least used to.

the general carpark however, I very much doubt they'd let it stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

you can definitely do it in the campervan site. pretty sure they mention caravans on the website itself, or at least used to.

the general carpark however, I very much doubt they'd let it stay.

Yep, you can get Caravans into the Campervan Site but I am almost certain they wont let you in the regular Car Park with one. I am sure you're not the first person to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Seen a few people sleeping in these last year in the campervan site so their not too fussy....just have to park your car in the regular carpark.
    horsebox1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is it possible to bring a caravan on hitch of a back of a car and bring it to the general car park?

No, caravans and campervans both go into the same place. We stayed in caravans 3 years ago and it was in the same area as campervans.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Seen a few people sleeping in these last year in the campervan site

horsebox1.jpg
    In the halting site, more like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

andreac wrote: »
    No, caravans and campervans both go into the same place. We stayed in caravans 3 years ago and it was in the same area as campervans.

Thanks for this! So the caravan can remain hooked up to the car?

Only talking about the ticket camper area, 100% they will not allow staying in the car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Parquet Courts are playing Galway and Limerick on Sept. 2nd and 3rd so I expect they'll be in the next EP announcement seeing as they're on the island at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Thanks for this! So the caravan can remain hooked up to the car?

Only talking about the ticket camper area, 100% they will not allow staying in the car parks.

No you have to Un hook it and park beside it then.

The sun is shining, the hour draws ever closer and some of the newbies are probably wondering if there's anything they can do to prepare for when the weekend arrives. It takes most people a few years to get to "know the score" at festivals, but it's helpful to get a few tips beforehand and the altruists among us are always happy to provide. These tips tend to be of the practical variety like "pack fresh socks," "take some food with you" or "don't forget to bring a towel." I'll try to add a few over the next while, many of which may be a bit less obvious. I'll release them as they come to me and by the time EP rolls around you'll be primed as a big festival legend like me.

*In no particular order of importance*

1. A silly festival get-up can be good, a full costume is not. In the same way that people assume guys with red convertibles are compensating for small dicks, everyone will think that you're wearing your €150 Batman suit in an attempt to cover for your pathological lack of personality.

2. Flower crowns - don't wear them. It's not the sixties anymore and boho chic was an unfortunate mid-2000s blip that's best left in the landfill indie dump. Chicks rocking them are trying to look like free spirits but nothing screams "I'm a KPMG accountant" like these floral headpieces . Doubly so if you wear them with denim shorts. Triply so if you wear them with denim shorts while applying a full face of makeup in the arena.

3. Based on experience, camping chairs are considered to be communal facilities rather than personal possessions at music festivals. Keep them in your tent if you don't fancy having to fashion a makeshift seat from a bunch of hoodies and your ever-diminishing tray of cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The sun is shining, the draws ever closer and some of the newbies are probably wondering if there's anything they can do to prepare for when the weekend arrives. It takes most people a few years to get to "know the score" at festivals, but it's helpful to get a few tips beforehand and the altruists among us are always happy to provide. These tips tend to be of the practical variety like "pack fresh socks," "take some food with you" or "don't forget to bring a towel." I'll try to add a few over the next while, many of which may be a bit less obvious. I'll release them as they come to me and by the time EP rolls around you'll be primed as a big festival legend like me.

1. A silly festival get-up can be good, a full costume is not. In the same way that people assume guys with red convertibles are compensating for small dicks, everyone will think that you're wearing your €150 Batman suit in an attempt to cover for your pathological lack of personality.

2. Flower crowns - don't wear them. It's not the sixties anymore and boho chic was an unfortunate mid-2000s blip that's best left in the landfill indie dump. Chicks rocking them are trying to look like free spirits but nothing screams "I'm a KPMG accountant" like these floral headpieces . Doubly so if you wear them with denim shorts. Triply so if you wear them with denim shorts while applying a full face of makeup in the arena.

3. Based on experience, camping chairs are considered to be communal facilities rather than personal possessions at music festivals. Keep them in your tent if you don't fancy having to fashion a makeshift seat from a bunch of hoodies and your ever-diminishing tray of cans.
    How on earth are your first two points the first thing you decided to advise on?

I'm a veteran at this stage. I dressed up once (not at EP) with a group and it was a serious laugh although you get constant requests for photos. I've never thought that anyone in a costume was compensating for anything.

I think you're over-thinking things. Nothing crys crazy like an over-thinker.

I agree with the point about the chairs.

My advice is bring one set of clothes only and don't take anything off all weekend. Leave another set in the car. Done.

• Advertisement

How on earth are your first two points the first thing you decided to advise on?

I'm a veteran at this stage. I dressed up once (not at EP) with a group and it was a serious laugh although you get constant requests for photos. I've never thought that anyone in a costume was compensating for anything.

I think you're over-thinking things. Nothing crys crazy like an over-thinker.

I agree with the point about the chairs.

My advice is bring one set of clothes only and don't take anything off all weekend. Leave another set in the car. Done.

4. Tips are in no particular order of importance (Edited to reflect this).

5. Most of these are tongue-in-cheek. Take with a dose of salt beyond the recommended daily limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Ah now, flower crowns are f$cking awful to be perfectly honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

MattD wrote: »
    Ah now, flower crowns are f$cking awful to be perfectly honest.

Lovely on the under 12's though! In other words, if you would happily wear a flower crown every day of the year (as my 8 year old would if allowed) it's acceptable to wear one at a festival. :-)

Denim shorts…particularly ones that are being partially swallowed…no, just no!

It's actually quite amazing how interested in fashion Irish males and females have become since festivals past, as demonstrated here: http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/feile-trip-to-tipp-2167704-Jun2015/?utm_source=facebook_short

Plant your average EP group of friends in the middle of one of those pics…. :-)

Great times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Chicks rocking them are trying to look like free spirits but nothing screams "I'm a KPMG accountant" like these floral headpieces . Doubly so if you wear them with denim shorts. Triply so if you wear them with denim shorts while applying a full face of makeup in the arena.

brilliant..bang on :D

I have been doing this for a few years now. I bring a small bag of clothes with me going into the site on Friday but I keep other clean clothes etc in the car where they are dry etc. should I need them.

People tend to forget the benefits of the car once they park it up on the Friday but I have often taken a walk back to the car during the weekend to stock up on booze or get clean clothes or just to roll the seats back and slap on the radio for 5 mins if the head is a bit frazzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Any idea how close they are to selling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

brilliant..bang on :D

I have been doing this for a few years now. I bring a small bag of clothes with me going into the site on Friday but I keep other clean clothes etc in the car where they are dry etc. should I need them.

People tend to forget the benefits of the car once they park it up on the Friday but I have often taken a walk back to the car during the weekend to stock up on booze or get clean clothes or just to roll the seats back and slap on the radio for 5 mins if the head is a bit frazzled.

I only go back if the original clothes become unwearable which has never happened.

I reckon most people go home with a pile of unworn clothes until about the eight year when the penny drops that nobody cares how you look or smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

TheStook wrote: »

No way of knowing, could be next week could be a week before.

"I have it from a reliable source..."

About three months before the festival sells out, people start saying that tickets are goldust and they'll be gone by the time they day is out. Eventually the stopped clocks call it right and the oracles claim victory in a told-you-so manner,

If you really want to go then try get your tickets as soon as possible. But you'd be as well off asking the magic 8-ball based on past experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

baby wipes shower, new; socks, jocks, and tshirt. walk around like a king amongst men every morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

sadie06 wrote: »
    Lovely on the under 12's though! In other words, if you would happily wear a flower crown every day of the year (as my 8 year old would if allowed) it's acceptable to wear one at a festival. :-)

Denim shorts…particularly ones that are being partially swallowed…no, just no!

It's actually quite amazing how interested in fashion Irish males and females have become since festivals past, as demonstrated here: http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/feile-trip-to-tipp-2167704-Jun2015/?utm_source=facebook_short

Plant your average EP group of friends in the middle of one of those pics…. :-)

Great times.

The 90s was the decade of being dressed down in fairness ,not just at music festivals.

The decorating of festivals has a lot to do with it too. A lot of the type of Girls that go to festivals now wouldn't have even contemplate going to a festival back then. These festivals had a few chipper vans for grub, harp lager as the only booze and there was no such luxury as blue pine wash to flush the portaloos.

Then things like pamper palaces, showers, yurts, hot tubs etc get thrown into the mix that few of them end up using and they started flocking to festivals in their droves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There's currently a "Limited availability" warning on Ticketmaster but it could be a case of them just having to reload the allocation online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

lbj666 wrote: »

These festivals had a few chipper vans for grub, harp lager as the only booze and there was no such luxury as blue pine wash to flush the portaloos.

I remember eating the exact same thing every day at Féile. There was a pizza place on the way out of the campsite heading into the town. Thin-base floury pizzas with almost no toppings, but we loved them!

most of my group now just take enough to get through Friday and leave everything else in the car.
    when you're taking in a tent, sleeping bag, chair and airbed first time, there's not much point overloading with 24cans and all the spirits, food and clothes you need for the weekend.

just take enough cans and a small bottle of spirits for Friday night in your backpack, then on Saturday a stroll out to the car freshens you up, and you can get your clothes for Saturday and Sunday and the rest of your food and booze for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

most of my group now just take enough to get through Friday and leave everything else in the car.
    when you're taking in a tent, sleeping bag, chair and airbed first time, there's not much point overloading with 24cans and all the spirits, food and clothes you need for the weekend.

just take enough cans and a small bottle of spirits for Friday night in your backpack, then on Saturday a stroll out to the car freshens you up, and you can get your clothes for Saturday and Sunday and the rest of your food and booze for the weekend.

But is the booze and grub not all boiled after being left in the car??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »

I don't bring much booze, but the booze i have i split into two, two cooler bags, one left in boot with a pair of freezer cool slab things, keeps it shockin cold, they keep heat out as much as keep cold in

This year though, will probably bring only 8-12 cans with me full stop, so only need the one bag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha love that comment so much , So true tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

they'll just keep wearing flower crowns and short denim shorts but do so ironically, we've gone full circle folks

Mince Pie wrote: »
    no, it's fine. the food is stuff that won't spoil, and the booze is cold enough after the night temps and being in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Are we really just not going to get another announcement until AFTER Longitude? So still another MONTH?!

:eek::(:mad:

Advertisement