Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

6. You're better off trying to navigate the festival based on the position of the North Star than to try to get directions off security. Whether it's because they're being arseholes (and a lot of them are arseholes) or they just feel they're obliged to give an answer when asked, helpful or not, I don't think I've ever been put on the right track by these guys. As you walk around the arena, you can play a fun game where you ask for the location of a particular tent and see how many conflicting directions you're given.

7. On the topic of orientation, "That big tree there" is a not a suitable meeting spot at the rave in the woods. Trust me on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

HA! Spot on with the Rave in the Woods tip, has happened to us quite a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

6. You're better off trying to navigate the festival based on the position of the North Star than to try to get directions off security. Whether it's because they're being arseholes (and a lot of them are arseholes) or they just feel they're obliged to give an answer when asked, helpful or not, I don't think I've ever been put on the right track by these guys. As you walk around the arena, you can play a fun game where you ask for the location of a particular tent and see how many conflicting directions you're given.

7. On the topic of orientation, "That big tree there" is a not a suitable meeting spot at the rave in the woods. Trust me on this one.

Last year a security guard pointed me in the wrong direction for the entrance. By which I mean the entrance to the event on my way from the car.

You just need to make sure to meet at a real tree and not one of those rainbow coloured ones with the shiny fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Last year a security guard pointed me in the wrong direction for the entrance. By which I mean the entrance to the event on my way from the car.

You just need to make sure to meet at a real tree and not one of those rainbow coloured ones with the shiny fruit.

You have to remember some of the security staff & volunteers have just been dropped in position a couple of minutes beforehand, this could be their first year, so they haven't a clue. I know the place very well at this stage always seeing people being guided in the wrong direction.

Even knowing the place security can close off different paths and gates! Which can be hard to adjust to. My main gripe at the mo is the salty dog gate being completely closed, fair enough entrance into the main arena would need another security point (if they've +5k capacity they may need to open this back up) but we're not even allowed exit via this gate which seems a bit daft, a whole lot of unnecessary walking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anyone staying in pinkmoon? Whats the best carpark to get in to? 1st time staying there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Anyone staying in pinkmoon? Whats the best carpark to get in to? 1st time staying there..

Go in from the Stradbally side. Cant remember the name of the car park but it could be Car Park X. It's closer than the general car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Go in from the Stradbally side. Cant remember the name of the car park but it could be Car Park X. It's closer than the general car parks.

Just looked at last years map it's the green car park X and Z, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

So if you are coming down the M7 from Dublin say, would you head down towards Kilcullen and cut across towards Athy and then Stradbally instead of going towards Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

andreac wrote: »
    So if you are coming down the M7 from Dublin say, would you head down towards Kilcullen and cut across towards Athy and then Stradbally instead of going towards Portlaoise?

if coming from Dublin get off for Monasterevin (junction 14 I think) and as you head into Monasterevin you will see a left turn just by the Texaco garage, take this left turn, R417 signposted for Carlow and Athy.

Stay on this road for a few miles, then take a right turn onto the R427 signposted Stradbally and Vicarstown. Stay on this road going thru Vicarstown and it will take you all the way to Stradbally. As you enter Stradbally take a right turn, N80. By now you will see the walls to the estate and you will only really be able to go straight on which will lead you to car park Z which is on the left.

The beauty of this car park is that it's a short walk to the estate entrance and a very short walk to Pink Moon. If you parked at the other car parks (about a mile down the road) you will have a longer walk obviously.

SmallBalls wrote: »

You'll never go back to the regular campsites ever again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

just how many of us are there in pinkmoon? seems like a sizeable number at this stage.

just how many of us are there in pinkmoon? seems like a sizeable number at this stage.

we'll have to organise a boards meetup in the campsite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

we'll have to organise a boards meetup in the campsite :)

CLIQUE!!! I'll be slumming it in Oscar Wilde again this year.

Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »

international_security_image_6-_refugee_camp.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

On another note, it's Saturday now, tickets are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »

Slum champions!!! 😘😘😘ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜†ðŸŽ‰

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

On another note, it's Saturday now, tickets are still available.

Maybe its just a tactic to get people buying. Next week Glastonbury will be on the TV that will push people into buying tickets. I reckon it will sell out but maybe just the week before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

FAcebook page reporting all ticket SOLD OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

sadie06 wrote: »
    FAcebook page reporting all ticket SOLD OUT.

Got my ticket last night thank god

Got my ticket last night thank god

Skin of your teeth….well done!

In fairness, they did warn about this so there shouldn't be the same level of regret expressed by many on FB and other sites last year. I actually believe a certain percentage of those who immediately express regret never really intended to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really surprised to see it sold out even with the extra capacity. Suppose the line up pushed it over, best they've had in years.

Really surprised to see it sold out even with the extra capacity. Suppose the line up pushed it over, best they've had in years.

Did they give an official definitive number on the capacity? I only read speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Awesome , my spare ticket has just gone from 230 to something like €1,000 in value. Time to book a holiday :P

I don't think we heard for sure that the capacity went up.
    Hope the guards or council put a stop to the idea to be honest, its was bulging as it was already. There reachs a point where more numbers don't make it even more advantegeous economically to the area and it just plain and simply means more hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

lbj666 wrote: »
    Awesome , my spare ticket has just gone from 230 to something like €1,000 in value. Time to book a holiday :P

I don't think we heard for sure that the capacity went up, hope the guards or council put a stop to the idea to be honest.

I dont understand people who wont pay the €155 or even the €240. But when it sells out they'll bid over €350 on Adverts etc a few days later. Incredible how silly some people are.

Snarky Snark Snark

And now the schadenfreude, pointing and laughing at those weeping at their lack of tickets begins in earnest.

Ah the sweet sweet aroma of bitterness and regret

Snarky Snark Snark

TheStook wrote: »
    I dont understand people who wont pay the €155 or even the €240. But when it sells out they'll bid over €350 on Adverts etc a few days later. Incredible how silly some people are.

Esp given they've had since last sept to get their acts together

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I always hear people complaining that they didn't have the money to buy a ticket before they sold out.. but then they magically have the money to buy a ticket at double the face value as soon as it sells out... it makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If people weren't willing to pay stupid money for the tickets each year there would probably be a bunch still on sale. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a glut of bedroom touts who'll have invested in the "sure thing" of a couple of tickets to get a massive markup. Don't feed them and refuse to deal at anything over face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Toast wrote: »
    If people weren't willing to pay stupid money for the tickets each year there would probably be a bunch still on sale. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a glut of bedroom touts who'll have invested in the "sure thing" of a couple of tickets to get a massive markup. Don't feed them and refuse to deal at anything over face value.

Used your site a few times. Great service as long as you take basic precautions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

And now the schadenfreude, pointing and laughing at those weeping at their lack of tickets begins in earnest.

Ah the sweet sweet aroma of bitterness and regret

I do in fairness feel sorry for those at body and soul who'll be coming home to this news, going to another festival can be a big distraction and things can be put on the long finger.

Advertisement