Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

cson wrote: »
    Guys can anyone remember when this sold out last year?

Remember 2013 was ~12th August.

Thinking about buying a ticket but would probably be leaving it til early August due to a couple of variables in the works!

Bought a ticket last night @ 10pm :o

Phew..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

lbj666 wrote: »
    I do in fairness feel sorry for those at body and soul who'll be coming home to this news, going to another festival can be a big distraction and things can be put on the long finger.

Tickets have been on sale since september, how long exactly does the finger need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I always hear people complaining that they didn't have the money to buy a ticket before they sold out.. but then they magically have the money to buy a ticket at double the face value as soon as it sells out... it makes no sense!

It's crazy like the loyalty ticket is €160 and you can pay it in instalments! Vs €300 all at once to some randomer on adverts!

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It's crazy like the loyalty ticket is €160 and you can pay it in instalments! Vs €300 all at once to some randomer on adverts!

Have no doubt that people will pay far more than 300 when the final acts are announced and their mates start to get a little moist as the time approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i bought my ticket on the 3rd of september last year for €160.60!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

sadie06 wrote: »
    Did they give an official definitive number on the capacity? I only read speculation.

I don't think EP ever actually announced what the additional capacity was but the planning/licencing app submitted was reported to be for 48,000 according to Jim Carroll iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I don't think EP ever actually announced what the additional capacity was but the planning/licencing app submitted was reported to be for 48,000 according to Jim Carroll iirc.

Hmmmm…Hope there isn't a Garth Brooks scenario where they've sold more tickets than they are licensed to on the presumption that the licence in in the bag. Wouldn't that be fun…. the last 5,000 in are out! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Will there be more on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

barry194 wrote: »

Probably not but Don't think anyone can answer that for you with any certainly.

barry194 wrote: »

They wouldn't normally release extra tickets, unless this year they sell the regular capacity, 42k tickets, then release the extra 5k reported by the Irish times;
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-festival-may-have-capacity-of-47-000-this-year-1.2125722

But considering its Blur I'd say they've released all tickets.

Evoke saying sold out capacity is 45k
    http://www.evoke.ie/news/electric-picnic-2015-tickets-sell-out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Awesome , my spare ticket has just gone from 230 to something like €1,000 in value. Time to book a holiday :P

I don't think we heard for sure that the capacity went up.
    Hope the guards or council put a stop to the idea to be honest, its was bulging as it was already. There reachs a point where more numbers don't make it even more advantegeous economically to the area and it just plain and simply means more hassle

Where would you get €1000 for a ticket? I find it hard to believe someone would pay that.

I tell you one thing, I plan on going but if someone offered me €2000 for the 2 tickets I have I'd sell them in a shot. But it would never happen.

Roll on September the 4th.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Where would you get €1000 for a ticket? I find it hard to believe someone would pay that.

I tell you one thing, I plan on going but if someone offered me €2000 for the 2 tickets I have I'd sell them in a shot. But it would never happen.

Roll on September the 4th.:)

It was a bit of hyperbole.

Tickets definitly went for over €400 last year black market last year.

Edit: This is electric picnics approved secondary sales website asking a price of up to £330 , (330.00 GBP =461.244 EUR)

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/electric-picnic-2015-weekend-tickets/stradbally-270758.html

There are 60 tickets up there already. There has to be some secondary market companies getting in on this , they cant all be from genuine sellers, bedroom touts or anorak touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well I've already sold the second one I bought for €200. That covers the cost of my own ticket and drink for the weekend :D

It was a bit of hyperbole.

Tickets definitly went for over €400 last year black market last year.

Edit: This is electric picnics approved secondary sales website asking a price of up to £330 , (330.00 GBP =461.244 EUR)

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/electric-picnic-2015-weekend-tickets/stradbally-270758.html

There are 60 tickets up there already. There has to be some secondary market companies getting in on this , they cant all be from genuine sellers, bedroom touts or anorak touts.

That resale site is a bit ridiculous, the EP are basically standing over touting.
    The whole reason Glastonbury issues tickets with your photo on them, is to stop the touting. Completely opposite for the EP, touts are encouraged.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    That resale site is a bit ridiculous, the EP are basically standing over touting.
    The whole reason Glastonbury issues tickets with your photo on them, is to stop the touting. Completely opposite for the EP, touts are encouraged.

difference is glastonbury always has demand much higher than ticket availability which is a perfect storm for touting, good on them for doing pictures on the ticket.

the way it is with the ep resale thing is they know touting is going to happen anyway so they want a slice of the pie, and it will curb actual touts because it opens up a legitimate avenue for buying 'second hand' tickets. people will say why would I risk getting one off donedeal when I can have it guaranteed through this other way.. and all that.

The best case would be to have pictures on the tickets and the facility to transfer the ticket to someone else, and have EP charge and administration fee for that changeover

difference is glastonbury always has demand much higher than ticket availability which is a perfect storm for touting, good on them for doing pictures on the ticket.

the way it is with the ep resale thing is they know touting is going to happen anyway so they want a slice of the pie, and it will curb actual touts because it opens up a legitimate avenue for buying 'second hand' tickets. people will say why would I risk getting one off donedeal when I can have it guaranteed through this other way.. and all that.

The best case would be to have pictures on the tickets and the facility to transfer the ticket to someone else, and have EP charge and administration fee for that changeover

€460 resold price vs €240 regular price. €220 just for validation!! Completely taking the piss.
    Ticket vendors should have a free validation checker on their websites where the ticket barcode can be entered to see if the tickets are good or cancelled etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Anyone used pinkmoon camping for ep before? Good/bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm going back to Jimi Hendrix anyway, I really like the shanty town/refugee camp vibe :pac:

It would be good to see something like this at EP http://www.unhcr.org/40e011c64.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

2012 - Didn't sell out
    2013 - Sold out mid August
    2014 - Sold out 31 July (bear in mind they added ~ 6,000 to the capacity)
    2015 - Sold out 20 June

I'd imagine a combination of things improving economically and the lack of an Oxegen are driving this trend.

Incidentally from anyone that went last year & 2013 - was the extra numbers noticeable? It was jammed enough in 2013 from memory.

• Advertisement

maybe pictures on the tickets is only the start of it..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/download-festival-facial-recognition-technology-used-at-event-could-be-coming-to-festivals-nationwide-10316922.html
    Around 90,000 people attending the five-day rock event in Derby will have their faces scanned by “strategically placed” cameras, which are then compared with a database of custody images across Europe.
    DC Kevin Walker told the Police Oracle website: “Strategically placed cameras will scan faces at the Download Festival site in Donnington before comparing [them] with a database of custody images from across Europe.

facial recognition, little beepy anal suppositry tracker, satellite navigation burger, walkman sonar, and glow in the dark ear muffs. no thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

maybe pictures on the tickets is only the start of it..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/download-festival-facial-recognition-technology-used-at-event-could-be-coming-to-festivals-nationwide-10316922.html

facial recognition, little beepy anal suppositry tracker, satellite navigation burger, walkman sonar, and glow in the dark ear muffs. no thank you

I challenge any facial recognition software to identify me after I've dropped two blue grenades. They'll be out looking for Marty Feldman.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

2012 - Didn't sell out
    2015 - Sold out 20 June

I'd imagine a combination of things improving economically and the lack of an Oxegen are driving this trend.

Incidentally from anyone that went last year & 2013 - was the extra numbers noticeable? It was jammed enough in 2013 from memory.

See the thing is about the Electric Picnic these days, it's not so much about the music anymore, is the must do thing for the middle class. They need to be there to take pouting selfies for their social media profiles. Glastonbury is like that too.

Ruxjit wrote: »
    See the thing is about the Electric Picnic these days, it's not so much about the music anymore, is the must do thing for the middle class. They need to be there to take pouting selfies for their social media profiles. Glastonbury is like that too.

Personally, I like the fact that the middle and upper-class have come on board. It's great to see them queuing like communists alongside the human capital.

Incidentally, I was once mistaken for a middle-class person at EP. Only my calloused hands and low life-expectancy gave me away.

Snarky Snark Snark

2012 - Didn't sell out
    2015 - Sold out 20 June

Yeah, but still easy to move around and if you get in to the tents ten mins before shows then there's no problem getting a good spot.

I'd say a lot of people go and stay in the camp sites for the weekend getting utterly gee eyed

I'd say a lot of people go and stay in the camp sites for the weekend getting utterly gee eyed

'Twas ever thus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yeah, but still easy to move around and if you get in to the tents ten mins before shows then there's no problem getting a good spot.

Definitely on the Sunday I felt it was too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Definitely on the Sunday I felt it was too busy.

yes, there's a massive difference on Sunday, a lot busier but sometimes the fresh enthusiasm that pours into the arena from Sunday morning injects some life into a tired weekend crowd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

They are going to have to switch on EP on the Friday night (instead of the half-arses version of the last few years) to cater for the extra crowds. I thought Friday night last year was mental and blamed the lack of choice for it.

• Advertisement

2012 - Didn't sell out
    2015 - Sold out 20 June

22k attended in 2012 there were noticeably less crowds, less queues more toilets for everyone, I think they even dropped a camp site.

2013 was a 35k sellout, which was slightly more than 07, 08 & 09' (32.5k capacity) but felt similar.

2014 was a 42k sellout, I felt it was packed, been arriving roughly the same time every year to my usual spot in Hendrix, this year I was slightly earlier! and it was completely packed, not a spot in sight!!
    I noticed demand was much bigger for acts, more times than usual the stage tents were packed with people watching from outside, you couldn't just arrive at the time like most years.

On Sunday the place was absolutely wedged, we've been doing alright in terms of weather, I think a wet year would really test the extra capacity!

Advertisement