Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

sadie06 wrote: »
    They are going to have to switch on EP on the Friday night (instead of the half-arses version of the last few years) to cater for the extra crowds. I thought Friday night last year was mental and blamed the lack of choice for it.

THIS!!

I really hope we get a decent choice on the Friday this year. In all fairness, it's not too much to ask with this big a line-up and this many people to have a few options for things to do.

Even if it's just a case of the main stage, the electric arena (Belle & Sebastian headlining - is this still the case I wonder?) and that James Murphy/2manydjs thing, as well as the rave and Body & Soul. I think that's only what, one more tent open? But that would be enough to spread the crowd out a bit!

Sunday is sure to be jammers this year. I wonder how many day tickets were available?

Last year was my first in a few years and while it was busy, I don't recall thinking it was much busier than other years, aside from the Sunday afternoon. But, even then, it depended on what you wanted to go to. Last year, I couldn't get into Glass Animals and London Grammar was mobbed, but I remember LCD Soundsystem being the same a few years ago so..? But, maybe it was just that I hadn't been in a few years so I didn't remember how busy/quiet it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Thought Friday last year was much better than 2013, they had Blondie/Pet Shop Boys and a bunch of others on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thought Friday last year was much better than 2013, they had Blondie/Pet Shop Boys and a bunch of others on.

And Foals :)

Was watching IOW coverage and came across Jessie Ware , Now i know she may not be everyones cup of tea but think she could go down well on an early Main Stage slot or mid way on the EA or Rankins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yes, there's a massive difference on Sunday, a lot busier but sometimes the fresh enthusiasm that pours into the arena from Sunday morning injects some life into a tired weekend crowd :D

B&S was where I thought the biggest difference was on the Sunday with the larger crowd, will skip it this year on the Sunday night in favour on what will likely be much needed kip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

B&S was where I thought the biggest difference was on the Sunday with the larger crowd, will skip it this year on the Sunday night in favour on what will likely be much needed kip

oh how I wish I could adopt your wise approach to the Sunday night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

And Foals :)

Was watching IOW coverage and came across Jessie Ware , Now i know she may not be everyones cup of tea but think she could go down well on an early Main Stage slot or mid way on the EA or Rankins

I was the same…pretty much dismissed her from a listen on the EP playlist, but I enjoyed her on the IOW programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Sent: 23 June 2015 10:33
    To:
    Subject: Electric Picnic 2015 is Sold Out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Oh the Sunday day trippers - I hate them, all fresh faced with their enthusiastic enthusiasm ;) By that stage a shambling zombie has more life than me.

You really notice the crowds on the Sunday night. I find a spot on the stands at main stage and watch the various madnesses. Friday and Saturday I run around to see everything, Sunday is relax.

i bought my ticket on the 3rd of september last year for €160.60!

It cost me 313 for two family camping. How was yours more expensive (cos that 7 euro matters).
    I bought mine the Friday the week they went on sale. Note to self, find EP tickets.

bullvine wrote:
    Oh and plus the weather, that makes a huge difference!

Oh I get to use sanctimonious voice ;)

There is no such thing as a bad weather only incorrect clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    It cost me 313 for two family camping. How was yours more expensive (cos that 7 euro matters).
    I bought mine the Friday the week they went on sale. Note to self, find EP tickets.

Tickets for people who had been to 3+ Picnics were €154 + €6 booking fee = €160.

I then got 25% discount via my Ulster Bank account = €120 net cost. Jesus but it's savage value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

There is no such thing as a bad weather only incorrect clothes.

It reminds me what the German's say about the Irish. "They always complain about the weather but they never dress for it."

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

For anyone hoping they will release more tickets, EP have confirmed on their Instaram that they won't be.

Gr5PcM3.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Important question;
    What's the best beer to get for the campsite?

The last few years, I've been bringing Bavaria as it's more drinkable than Heineken or Carlsberg at room temperature.
    I wouldnt mind a change this year though.

Has anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Below has the answer to how I paid 160! Also in regards to the bolded text, I haven't seen my ticket since it arrived, I hope it's still where I left it!
    Tickets for people who had been to 3+ Picnics were €154 + €6 booking fee = €160.

I then got 25% discount via my Ulster Bank account = €120 net cost. Jesus but it's savage value.

I must look into the discount that's so good, you're getting your food and drink for the weekend with the savings over the full price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Important question;

The last few years, I've been bringing Bavaria as it's more drinkable than Heineken or Carlsberg at room temperature.

Has anyone any thoughts?

I brought Heineken last year and thought it was grand. Plus, can't you bring cans of Heineken somewhere and they'll put them in a fridge for you? I can't quite recall if that was a thing last year or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I brought Heineken last year and thought it was grand. Plus, can't you bring cans of Heineken somewhere and they'll put them in a fridge for you? I can't quite recall if that was a thing last year or not.

cant remember if it was there last year but a couple of years ago I did it and one time I was waiting over an hour in the queue for it.. ended up having to take out 7-8 at a time and then they'd be roasting in the tent by the time I was on the last few.

if anyones planning on doing the heineken thing bring a cooler bag/box as well and take out loads at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Important question;

Has anyone any thoughts?
    It's really not an important question.

Bring Bavaria. You'll guzzle it down while it's still reasonably cold on the Friday.

Come Saturday you'll not be fit for many cans so it'll be straight on the hard stuff.

Sunday you'll have a few more cans than Saturday but still hit the spirits hard.

You'll wonder why you asked the question and why you brought so much beer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Bring Bavaria. You'll guzzle it down while it's still reasonably cold on the Friday.

Come Saturday you'll not be fit for many cans so it'll be straight on the hard stuff.

Sunday you'll have a few more cans than Saturday but still hit the spirits hard.

You'll wonder why you asked the question and why you brought so much beer.;)

I brought 48 cans last year and had almost all of them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

can you remind me of a question that holds greater importance? :D

I am planning booze for Friday and Saturday and then switch over to spirits with mixer (or just sip whiskey neat) on the Sunday.

I remember a few years ago waking up on the Sunday morning and seeing the girls in the tent beside preparing some wine and crackers...they were kind enough to include us. It was a really nice start to the final day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

can you remind me of a question that holds greater importance? :D

I am planning booze for Friday and Saturday and then switch over to spirits with mixer (or just sip whiskey neat) on the Sunday.

I remember a few years ago waking up on the Sunday morning and seeing the girls in the tent beside preparing some wine and crackers...they were kind enough to include us. It was a really nice start to the final day.
    I mean it's one of those things that people fret over and then wonder why.

Logistics and how to get booze into the arena are much more important issues that are deserving of your time.

I mean it's one of those things that people fret over and then wonder why.

I'm just looking at other options really. I'm never bothered with warm beer and dont see the point in using chillboxes as they only make a difference on the Friday afternoon.

Had notions ideas to get some craft beer cans but a slab of 33cl cans would set me back €90. Madness.

Lukewarm cider goes down easier than lukewarm beer. Something to think about.

Lukewarm cider goes down easier than lukewarm beer. Something to think about.

Comes back up a lot easier too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

parabol wrote: »
    For anyone hoping they will release more tickets, EP have confirmed on their Instaram that they won't be.

Gr5PcM3.png?1

Similar situation last year, where it was sold out before it went ahead, but a limited and I mean "limited" number of full price weekend tickets went back on sale 10 days before at the end of August, couple of hundred, but I managed to snap up one of them, it can happen folks, I can vouch for it, keep the faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah here, wannabee VIP'S and little people, whatever next???!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

That number is pushing it I think. Way too many

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

fits wrote: »
    That number is pushing it I think. Way too many

I agree. How many does the Pink Moon site facilitate? Their site says they are merging with the rest of the boutique camping with the bar in the middle. I wonder if they're doing a complete redesign of the layout?

Here is the link http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/festivalfacilitiesdetails.asp?festivalid=46
    Then click on the 'Festival Facilities' tab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What's the 25% discount??

Advertisement