Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Fatfrog wrote: »
    What's the 25% discount??

25% discount on all Ticketmaster purchases with certain Ulster Bank accounts i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Important question;
    What's the best beer to get for the campsite?

The last few years, I've been bringing Bavaria as it's more drinkable than Heineken or Carlsberg at room temperature.
    I wouldnt mind a change this year though.

Has anyone any thoughts?

You need to chill the fook out of the beer before you leave, then wrap it hypothermic foil (cheap on e-bay),
    bury it in the car boot. Try to section it off, say leave some isolated for Sunday, don't be opening to check how cold it is, you lose vital chill. It will stay cool in the car boot, even with sunshine!!
    The next bit depends on how much work you want to do;
    A: Take a cooler box filled with ice into camp, you will also need freezer shopping bags. Place 6-7 cans in the freezer bag along with water and ice, the pre chill is important here as warm cans will melt ice in no time. The cooler box is for ice storage, avoid placing cans into it as you will be letting warm air in each time. Obviously it's a c**t taking a full box in!

B: Next option is similar accept keep the cooler box in the car boot, use freezer bags to take ice in. One bag chilling cans other as ice storage. You can come back to the car at some point to top up the ice or use the limited ice stocks in the site shops. A full cooler box of ice left completely closed and shaded in the car boot will probably be 75% melted by Sunday, but the water and ice mix will still chill cans.

C: Bring a large'ish empty container in, fill it from the camp drinking water tap, throw your cans in, dump ice in if you have it, won't be ice cold all weekend but very easy way to have decent can'age! The water cools every night.

I don't think 2.5k "guests" is anything new, just happens to be highlighted in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I think the guests and children is just to account for the fact that they've sold 48,500 tickets, so they won't know exactly how many kids and guards and the people who don't have a need for a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

parabol wrote: »
    I agree. How many does the Pink Moon site facilitate? Their site says they are merging with the rest of the boutique camping with the bar in the middle. I wonder if they're doing a complete redesign of the layout?

Here is the link http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/festivalfacilitiesdetails.asp?festivalid=46
    Then click on the 'Festival Facilities' tab.

that's very interesting, not sure how that will turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Fatfrog wrote: »
    You need to chill the fook out of the beer before you leave, then wrap it hypothermic foil (cheap on e-bay),
    bury it in the car boot. Try to section it off, say leave some isolated for Sunday, don't be opening to check how cold it is, you lose vital chill. It will stay cool in the car boot, even with sunshine!!
    The next bit depends on how much work you want to do;
    A: Take a cooler box filled with ice into camp, you will also need freezer shopping bags. Place 6-7 cans in the freezer bag along with water and ice, the pre chill is important here as warm cans will melt ice in no time. The cooler box is for ice storage, avoid placing cans into it as you will be letting warm air in each time. Obviously it's a c**t taking a full box in!

B: Next option is similar accept keep the cooler box in the car boot, use freezer bags to take ice in. One bag chilling cans other as ice storage. You can come back to the car at some point to top up the ice or use the limited ice stocks in the site shops. A full cooler box of ice left completely closed and shaded in the car boot will probably be 75% melted by Sunday, but the water and ice mix will still chill cans.

C: Bring a large'ish empty container in, fill it from the camp drinking water tap, throw your cans in, dump ice in if you have it, won't be ice cold all weekend but very easy way to have decent can'age! The water cools every night.

Wow, and to think I just drink warm Tuborg for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Catmologen wrote: »

Exactly. Just bring it and drink it.

Catmologen wrote: »

It sounds like allot of work, but trust me I'm a lazy bastard!! I could handle warm beer, but when I get a cold one from the bar, it's impossible to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

thank god i got full moon camping this year ...the place can't hold 48,000...there will be incidents ...no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bowlardo wrote: »
    thank god i got full moon camping this year ...the place can't hold 48,000...there will be incidents ...no doubt

I'd assume they've expanded the normal camping sites and pushed them around a bit?

anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Jesus Christ that's a lot of people! whowaza

Tyskie is my festival beer of choice... decent abv and not that bad when warm or too expensive. Hoppy stuff can be not so good warm and it can also be more dollas

Tyskie is my happy medium and I just put up with it being warm. Mostly on the spirits at the festivals since there's less peeing involved but don't mind the odd can to sip on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tyskie in cans isn't that cheap is it? I think I'll be bringing less drink and relying more on illegal stuff this year. It works out cheaper and no hangovers. Buckfast is the best drink to bring. It's delicious warm and all that caffeine will keep you going till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

I'm with Fatfrog - three large coolers, 12 cans each and bags and bags of ice in with them... fri,sat,sun...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus 50k seems a lot for the venue. A mucky weekend and :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Cans of prazsky stay creepishly cool all weekend. Last year opted for some red wine- delicious choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Cans of prazsky stay creepishly cool all weekend. Last year opted for some red wine- delicious choice!

When I was there in 2013 a gang of sound Nordies who had to leave on the Sunday left us a scatter of drink. Amongst that drink was a box of wine. Yes; a box. About a 3l box of wine. I've never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

cson wrote: »
    When I was there in 2013 a gang of sound Nordies who had to leave on the Sunday left us a scatter of drink. Amongst that drink was a box of wine. Yes; a box. About a 3l box of wine. I've never seen anything like it.

Ah good old 'goon'. Got through many's a cold nights camping in Australia with that.
    Got a real cheap bag of it before and "may contain fish products" was on the list of ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

That is a lot of people…brining my 8 year old daughter this year (my son was 8 when he first went) and I feel it's going to be a far different experience than he has been having.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DrBass

0O4VVT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

DrBass wrote: »
    0O4VVT.png

If thats the actual poster, jaysus I could have done better :P Even the far right side isn't alligned properly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Stole this off a camping forum I frequent, but relevant to EP this year given the crowd swell! :-)

Jeff Mills...oh sweet lord that will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

That red bull poster is not real, I'm a professional poster faker by trade

they just took this picture:
    rbma_full.jpg

and ****ly wrote on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm just looking at other options really. I'm never bothered with warm beer and dont see the point in using chillboxes as they only make a difference on the Friday afternoon.

Had notions ideas to get some craft beer cans but a slab of 33cl cans would set me back €90. Madness.

I never understood craft beer that's sold in cans. It's like a premium cheese-maker wrapping up his produce in tin-foil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I never understood craft beer that's sold in cans. It's like a premium cheese-maker wrapping up his produce in tin-foil.

Craft beer in cans is better than sh*t beer in cans. Bottles are out of the question for EP.

Jeff Mills...oh sweet lord that will be good.

It's fake.

it's a pity the organisers don't have a webcam on the site for the build up to the festival, like BBC do for Glastonbury..much bigger scale I know but would be nice for us to check out the site as things develop.

It's fake.

ah balls, I thought the poster was fake but not the lineup...****e :(

Craft beer in cans is better than sh*t beer in cans. Bottles are out of the question for EP.

I'm not speaking about your decision. I don't care what you drink. I'm just talking about the idea of a 'premium' brew that's sold in cans.

• Advertisement

ah balls, I thought the poster was fake but not the lineup...****e :(

Well I just checked out the RB website and nothing has been announced there, so I doubt it's real. I got very excited as well. It's quite possibly the most sickening joke ever.

Advertisement