Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training groups

• 04-09-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone know if there are any groups that meet up on a Sunday in Firhouse/Knocklyon area. I'm looking to get back into racing after a few years out and looking to see if there are any groups or individuals that might be interested in meeting up on a Sunday morning to go out for a few hours.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Branno wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any groups that meet up on a Sunday in Firhouse/Knocklyon area. I'm looking to get back into racing after a few years out and looking to see if there are any groups or individuals that might be interested in meeting up on a Sunday morning to go out for a few hours.

AFAIK St Tiernan's CC typically meet in Tallaght at the Maldron hotel, though not sure if it is Saturday or Sunday. Handy to get to from Knocklyon, and a very nice bunch from the few I've met.

Edit: Just checked, seems to be Saturdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

smacl wrote: »
    AFAIK St Tiernan's CC typically meet in Tallaght at the Maldron hotel, though not sure if it is Saturday or Sunday. Handy to get to from Knocklyon, and a very nice bunch from the few I've met.

Edit: Just checked, seems to be Saturdays.

Tiernan's Spins are always Saturday am.

Maldron would be every 3rd or 4th week. Otherwise it's Park Vale. That changes once Racing Season is over. Site will have updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Yo man.

I'm in Usher (the) Irish road club. There are members from all over but there's a good cohort of us (about 7 or 8) that are living in Ballycullen/Firhouse. We meet every Sunday for a group spin. People are eyeing up a few rest weekends now with the season ending but not too long after that we'll be starting our regular winter training spins. We meet up around Scholarstown ourselves and head over to the rest of the club in Newcastle near Rathcoole, or else up in Brittas.
    Great support in the club for anyone looking to do a bit of racing and we've the inter club league as well of course. I'll pm you a number if you fancy meeting us up or joining the club. -Flash new gear in the pipeline for the autumn too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Branno

Thanks for that
    What time do you normally meet at scholars ?

The main group meets at ten am in either Brittas or Newcastle. It's about 25-30 minutes from Scholars to either place. So we'd usually hook up at 9.15 or 9.20 ish. Over the winter there would be regular saturday and sunday spins, the sunday being the main one. As I said it's going to be sporadic for the next few weeks but get in touch and get on our email list and you can keep informed that way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Branno

Thanks for that
    I know SB from years ago.

Thanks for that
    I know SB from years ago.

He's still the man!! :D

Advertisement