Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recommendations (<€300)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Was looking into getting one of these for myself for college, 225 with 10% off code and free delivery. Dunno if Dell are any use though.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=cn53105&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I would recommend a good used laptop as being the better deal in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Check out Amazon warehouse deals:

I can't post links put if you paste the following after "amazon dot co dot uk forward slash" you should see it:

Acer-TravelMate-11-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B00H5147U6/ref=sr_1_32?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1409905341&sr=1-32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

SJ. wrote: »
    Check out Amazon warehouse deals:

I can't post links put if you paste the following after "amazon dot co dot uk forward slash" you should see it:

Acer-TravelMate-11-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics/dp/B00H5147U6/ref=sr_1_32?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1409905341&sr=1-32
    Cheers, hadn't expected to find those kind of specs for under £300. I might get that for myself and give her my old one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Tesco have two different models atm, both very similar in spec for €280 each, one is Packard Bell (basically an Acer as they own them now) and a Toshiba. A friend of mine bought the PB one and it seems grand. 15.6' screens though so might be too big for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Cheers all. That's a very good price for the refurbed Thinkpad, flutered — about €220 including the Parcel Motel charge. I paid over €400 for an i3 Toshiba not so long ago.

I'd begun to lean towards a Chromebook, for battery life and speed, but I guess a Windows machine would make life a lot simpler in terms of working with MS Office files and connecting to the Uni network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

they also post direct to ireland, there may be know difference in the cost, the last item i got was the saame price to ireland, so i saved the parcel motel price.

Dammit, sold out now... :(

The search continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

zero19 wrote: »
    Was looking into getting one of these for myself for college, 225 with 10% off code and free delivery. Dunno if Dell are any use though.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=cn53105&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

hi did you get this laptop? where did you get the 10% code?
    Thanks

In the end I went for the Inspiron 15 discussed in the other BA thread (on phone so can't link). Happy days; I wasn’t expecting to come in at under €200...! :)

Advertisement