Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest way of getting home for xmas ?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

As above what is the cheapest way of flying home for Xmas ?

I was thinking of flying to England meeting my GF there and then flying straight home to Cork, should I buy a 1 way ticket and wait for january sales or what is the best way about it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

A LCC to Singapore or Malaysia (a return fare might be cheaper than two o/w's) tacked on to a return fare from there to Ireland.

Leave plenty of time in the layover though as delays are at your own risk.

Do it ASAP as well, airfares will only go up for Xmas.

You will not get a last minute fare in the January sales. Unless you are planning to fly back February/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Batgurl wrote: »
    A LCC to Singapore or Malaysia (a return fare might be cheaper than two o/w's) tacked on to a return fare from there to Ireland.

Leave plenty of time in the layover though as delays are at your own risk.

Do it ASAP as well, airfares will only go up for Xmas.

You will not get a last minute fare in the January sales. Unless you are planning to fly back February/March.

What is LCC ?

So I am better off buying a return ticket yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Low cost carrier.
    Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoot etc

Like I said, it depends when u plan on flying back.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Batgurl wrote: »
    Low cost carrier.
    Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoot etc

Like I said, it depends when u plan on flying back.

Ill be coming back january ? Debating on going Thailand for a month in january too but dunno if funds will allow

Advertisement