Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs and tips for finding a honest engineer

Options
  • 04-09-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

We're looking for a house in county Galway, I found all the information about buying a house and what steps at what moment. Now they are talking about the engineers Fee. But how do I find a trustworthy engineer. Is that something my solicitor should arrange? Or would it make more sense to shop around a bit?
    And what price would be considered as expensive/cheap?
    We are first time buyers on the Irish market. We have bought a house before so we're not totally in the dark, but all tips and tricks are welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...'honest'...'trustworthy'...?

You seem to be suggesting most are not???

Maybe ask your solicitor to suggest/recommend as I am sure they see lots of reports pass their desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chocoroll

We'll let's be clear here, I don't have any experience in Ireland with any of them. But here were I live, not everybody is an Honest Abe. And we can't afford to make any mistakes. Moving Country is a pretty expensive hobby ;) and a bit scary to.We just don't want to make any stupid mistakes. But to stay with the question, it is normal to relay on you're solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Is this for a pre purchase building survey? What cause do you think they would have to be dishonest?

Advertisement