Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Smoke inhibit.

Options
  • 04-09-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to inhibit a smoke detector on a HKC alarm system?
    It's being set off from cooking from time to time and I'd like the option to disable it when I need to which is only once a month or so.
    I imagine as it's a safety device it probably can't be turned off though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Effects wrote: »
    Is it possible to inhibit a smoke detector on a HKC alarm system?
    It's being set off from cooking from time to time and I'd like the option to disable it when I need to which is only once a month or so.
    I imagine as it's a safety device it probably can't be turned off though.

Its on a zone in the control panel so inhibiting is possible when the alarm is being set. If a smoke alarm is causing issues you could either move it to a different location or install a heat detector. I am hoping the smoke alarm is not in the kitchen. To inhibit a zone when arming the system enter your code * zone number then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

The smoke alarm is going to be a 24 hour zone that is active when the system is disarmed.
    If its activating when he is cooking the system is not going to be armed.
    Effects, do you have the engineer code for this alarm system?

Advertisement