Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant recommendation

Options
  • 04-09-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi,

Justwondering if anyone could recommend an accountant/accounant firm that are good for dealing with very small scale sole traders and small scale limited companies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Hi,

Justwondering if anyone could recommend an accountant/accounant firm that are good for dealing with very small scale sole traders and small scale limited companies.

Based in Waterford area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've been using Stephen King in Walsh King for almost five years now, would highly recommend him. Always on hand to offer advice and easy to talk to.

Also, you get the benefit of telling people that Stephen King does your books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'd highly recommend Comerford Foley out in Dunhill.

They were excellent when I needed some accountancy work done recently.

Ger Foley is who I dealt with out there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Second for Walsh King recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deise88

Billy O'Dwyer in Ardkeen village is a straight shooter and very reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

David Dore & Co in the city are very good and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Do your accountants give you actually advice, I'm just wondering because mine doesn't: I always have to propose ideas!!

I would really like someone one who could actually advise :D vut not stupid proposals like "have you a brother?sister in Oz, register them as am employee or that type of nonesense".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do your accountants give you actually advice, I'm just wondering because mine doesn't: I always have to propose ideas!!

Any good accountant should be giving you good solid advice, lord knows you're paying them enough. If you're not happy with the advice you're getting it's time to find a new accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Loughc wrote: »
    Any good accountant should be giving you good solid advice, lord knows you're paying them enough. If you're not happy with the advice you're getting it's time to find a new accountant.

Your completely right.

Advertisement