Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Pembroke to Rosslare.
    Will probably need to leave about 9/10pm to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what time do they generally stop letting cars onto the ferry? i know they recommend arriving 1hr before departure, but for the outbound one, if we could arrive at Dublin port 30mins before departure and get on, it would save us having to get the next one a few hours later....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

what time do they generally stop letting cars onto the ferry? i know they recommend arriving 1hr before departure, but for the outbound one, if we could arrive at Dublin port 30mins before departure and get on, it would save us having to get the next one a few hours later....

try and get there an hour before, if you plan on getting there 30mins before and are held up for 10/15mins then you're screwed, why risk spoiling all your plans for the sake of 30mins

i think it'll be tight to get there an hour before the one we're hoping for (one of our group has work commitments), so we might just have to go for the one later that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am due on the Bus from Cardiff, I don't even know if I am going yet, Bus is on the Wednesday and the time of departure and return will have a lot to do with my travel dates, I want to either fly in the night before in time for a trip to the beer's or ferry and drive and stock plenty.
    When should I expect to get my Bus departure time ? I on the national express website they have three departures that day from 6am to afternoon. Same for the return.

Second question if I dont pay the balance do I get an auto refund bar 15 for concert and 10 for the bus or do I need to do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

sebcity wrote: »
    Pembroke to Rosslare.
    Will probably need to leave about 9/10pm to be safe

Thats a 3 hr + drive at best with no traffic. Traffic on Sunday is a lot worse than it used to be and all it takes is one car to break down, block a country lane and the whole thing turns to sh it.

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats a 3 hr + drive at best with no traffic. Traffic on Sunday is a lot worse than it used to be and all it takes is one car to break down, block a country lane and the whole thing turns to sh it.

PMA!

I'm not the one in work so won't bother me in the slightest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Quick one - when exactly will they ask for balance to be paid and will they notify by email? Also will campervan tickets be available on the same day?

balance is due from next Wednesday 1st April, to 23:59 on Tuesday 7th.
    yeah, i think campervans/carpark tickets are available at the same time.

there's a big ticket FAQ on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

if you left the regular west carparks around 11, how long would you expect to be sitting in traffic to get onto open road?

we're looking at the 20:30 ferry from Holyhead, but still want to be able to enjoy the last night somewhat.

Packed up and in the car around 12 last year, pink car park in the north west corner of the site, got onto the road within a few minutes (I had read about nightmare 6 hour waits in the car park, but that wasn't my experience).
    Traffic was slow but moving, we were funnelled onto the A37, hit Bristol within 1.5-2 hours, its motorway the rest of the way M5, M6 & A55.

Headed to Holyhead for the 8:30PM ferry, to be honest planned this without having a clue of what to expect, apart from a major crash delay on the M6 this worked out.
    Had flexi fare on the ferry for the return journey, just to take the pressure off, didn't want to be forced into driving if not up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

balance is due from next Wednesday 1st April, to 23:59 on Tuesday 7th.
    yeah, i think campervans/carpark tickets are available at the same time.

there's a big ticket FAQ on the website.

Seen the FAQ but just seems to say "first week of April" - so presume need to look for camper tickets from 9.00 on the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

bennyc wrote: »
    I am due on the Bus from Cardiff, I don't even know if I am going yet, Bus is on the Wednesday and the time of departure and return will have a lot to do with my travel dates, I want to either fly in the night before in time for a trip to the beer's or ferry and drive and stock plenty.
    When should I expect to get my Bus departure time ? I on the national express website they have three departures that day from 6am to afternoon. Same for the return.

Second question if I dont pay the balance do I get an auto refund bar 15 for concert and 10 for the bus or do I need to do something.

I did the same journey last year. Flew in the night before, stayed in a hotel about 10 mins walk from the bus pickup (although) I ended up getting a taxi in the end. The buses say they depart at 9.30 but in reality it can be up to an hour later, after you're on the road though it's just a short trip to GB. I think we were getting off the coach around 12.30, despite only leaving Cardiff at 10.15.

The one thing to be aware of is that Cardiff have a local by-law which means it's very hard to find somewhere to sell you beer before midday. I decided to buy alcohol in the morning so that my cans would be some way cold, however I had to try about 3 or 4 supermarkets before I found a Sainsburys that started serving at 9am. Cue me running back to the hotel with 2 slabs and a bottle of Jameson. Asked the receptionist to ring a taxi then went up to my room to grab my stuff, down the stairs, into the taxi. I was there for 9.30 but in reality I could have arrive anytime up to 10.30 as they were still people arriving and being packed onto buses at that stage.

Hope that helps. I'm in a similar situation this year, was planning on going from Cardiff again but I reckon I'll be too broke from Argentina next month so I'll be getting a refund minus the £15 fee.

Edit: On the way back the bus was booked for about 11am (but they never seem to leave on time), my flight wasn't til 9pm so I figured I could get back to Cardiff get some food, clean up and then make my way out the airport without rushing. The bus only arrived around 1pm and there was a traffic jam all the was to Bristol, got to Cardiff around 4pm and was in the airport at 5pm. Just to be aware to give yourself plenty of time, the traffic on Monday is usually horrendous, especially if you're relying on public transport.

Chelon wrote: »
    Seen the FAQ but just seems to say "first week of April" - so presume need to look for camper tickets from 9.00 on the 1st.

yeah, here it says it's best to get them when you're paying the balance
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#CPCCTIX

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#BALANCEPAYMENTS

can anyone remember how much postage was to Ireland last year?

Oh do we get stung for them posting the tickets over?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Blur announced as Saturday headliner for IOW

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Blur announced as Saturday headliner for IOW
    Yeah, read that this morning alright - Blur and Fleetwood Mac as headliners, two big losses for Glasto IMO! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

£7.00 for postage last year.

On a side note, I'm assuming we can expect a large chunk of the line-up to be announced next week. Last year, it was announced on Friday 4th April.

Shangri-La just tweeted this countdown..

.. eFestivals reckon it's probably unrelated to Glasto announcement however.

EDIT: Madonna interview with Jo Whiley on Tuesday... judging by timing, can't help but be a little worried it's an announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Anyone else get excited at getting their balance reminder email? All we need is the line up poster for excitement levels to go through the roof!!!

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anyone else get excited at getting their balance reminder email? All we need is the line up poster for excitement levels to go through the roof!!!

Nooooooo!!!! because I don't have a ticket!!:mad::mad::mad::cool::D

But anyways judging from the glasto web site;

"Balance payments (£170 + £5 booking fee) are payable in the first week of April 2015 (from 9am Wednesday 1st April – 23:59 Tuesday 7th April)."

I take it the ticket resale is the 12 of April??

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Nooooooo!!!! because I don't have a ticket!!:mad::mad::mad::cool::D

But anyways judging from the glasto web site;

"Balance payments (£170 + £5 booking fee) are payable in the first week of April 2015 (from 9am Wednesday 1st April – 23:59 Tuesday 7th April)."

I take it the ticket resale is the 12 of April??

Opposite sides of the spectrum this year for us eh FF, I got mine in the resale and it wont be as early as the 12th. I would say the 23rd for the coaches and 26th general. Not counting the many secret resales that happen afterwards for people who cancel tickets as late as May.
    You'll get there. I didn't even get a sniff at the main sale last year and was straight in for the resale.

Opposite sides of the spectrum this year for us eh FF, I got mine in the resale and it wont be as early as the 12th. I would say the 23rd for the coaches and 26th general. Not counting the many secret resales that happen afterwards for people who cancel tickets as late as May.
    You'll get there. I didn't even get a sniff at the main sale last year and was straight in for the resale.

Uggghh I got mine in the resale last year, it's not allot of time between buying tickets, getting all your SH*T together and actually going to the festival!!

How did you find last year??

Just looking over old mails from last year (Yes my memory is that **** I need a computer to keep track!!) ticket resale for non coach was 27th April

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Uggghh I got mine in the resale last year, it's not allot of time between buying tickets, getting all your SH*T together and actually going to the festival!!

How did you find last year??

God I'm getting old, could have sworn you got yours in the October sale last year. Sorry.
    First time last year and now I'm addicted and can't see myself getting off the glasto coaster anytime soon. Love it from the food to the people to the random stuff and music. Mind blowing and can't wait to explore more this year. Raging I left it till the Thursday but will be there Wednesday morning this year to absorb even more.
    Seem to spend more and more time glastobating recently and twitching for the line up now. Not bothered about the 3rd headliner so much as want to get a spotify list going for the undercard.
    The best part of any festival is discovering new music and friends.

God bed you wish you hadn't asked now. Lol

Ps, let me know if you want any help in be resale. Managed to score a load of tickets for our camp in the main sale even though we already had our coach tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Just booked my flights and buses etc. Figured they prices aren't going to get better and as soon as people get their deposits down they might be more likely to start booking.

The return flights on the Monday are pretty horrific so booked a hotel for the Monday and got myself an early morning Tuesday. Was still significantly cheaper than the available flights on the Monday. I made a stupid mistake and booked my Outbound and Return flights separately (mainly because the outbound was a great rate and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do on the return). This burned me by 17 euro as I had to book in sterling when booking the return flight. Don't make this mistake!

"Glastobating" love it!!!ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Might steal that one 😜

Madge on Jo Whiley in next half hour.. listening at the mo' so let's see if a Glastonbury confirmation comes up.

No confirmation from Madge.. says her world tour is starting in August and is still in early stages of preparation. Still refuse to think she's out of the running until the third headliner is announced. But hard to know now..

• Advertisement

That Madge interview was thing dullest thing since a dishcloth.

Advertisement