Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, though to be fair.. Jo Whiley is horrendous as well.

All I could think from Madonna was she talks some serious shi*e.. Kanye would have great company! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

West campervan site or East?
    Other forums seem to point to west

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Exchange rates hurt my face

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

sebcity wrote: »
    West campervan site or East?
    Other forums seem to point to west

In the 15 minutes I've been looking at this, the West seems to have sold out....crazy

Refreshed page and thought it looked ok. Now this:-

We're really sorry, but unfortunately it looks like we ran out of stock while you were entering your payment details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I always go East campervan fields. Managed to get the tickets sorted no bother by 9:04.

Chelon wrote: »
    Refreshed page and thought it looked ok. Now this:-

We're really sorry, but unfortunately it looks like we ran out of stock while you were entering your payment details.

Well that was a joke - looks like around 9.30 all the campervan West tickets had gone. I hurriedly booked the East before they were all gone too - though I really don't fancy the hill of death.

Have to say - as a first timer - everything about booking tickets/accommodation/transport to this festival has been very stressful so far - I can only hope it's not quite like this once we get there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well that was a joke - looks like around 9.30 all the campervan West tickets had gone. I hurriedly booked the East before they were all gone too - though I really don't fancy the hill of death.

Have to say - as a first timer - everything about booking tickets/accommodation/transport to this festival has been very stressful so far - I can only hope it's not quite like this once we get there.

It isn't.

If it was then I wouldn't be still going after 20 years of it.
    Scaling the Hill of Death is worth it for the view, and especially the view you get on arriving at the site on the way in.
    East campervan fields are a lot bigger than the West side.

Yeah West sold out so got East. At least we got one!

Now, to read up on this hill of death people are mentioning.....

I'm sure this isn't right - would mean you can't leave the festival until Monday night if you're in a van...?

FAQ
    When can we gain vehicular access to the camper/caravan fields?
    From 1200 hours Tuesday 23rd June until 1400 hours Sunday 28th June, and then from 1800 hours Monday 29th June.

• Advertisement

I'm sure this isn't right - would mean you can't leave the festival until Monday night if you're in a van...?

FAQ
    When can we gain vehicular access to the camper/caravan fields?
    From 1200 hours Tuesday 23rd June until 1400 hours Sunday 28th June, and then from 1800 hours Monday 29th June.

Nope, that is to do with hire companies being able to drive back in to collect vans that they left there before the festival. From midday'ish on the Sunday all of the roads from all carparks are exit only until the Monday evening when they let the contractors back in.

FAQ
    Can I bring glass bottles with me in my campervan/caravan?
    Glass is not permitted anywhere on festival land.

Is this also the case - any booze has to be in cans then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

though I really don't fancy the hill of death.

It a short hill. 2 minutes walk. You'd have to be in really bad shape for it to piss you off. And you can always take the slightly longer but less steep walk around the side of it on the grass.

Off to the left of this pic

IMG_0044.jpg
    2632076554_ce45b9613a_b.jpg
    FAQ

You may get away with it. Sometimes they "search" the van, have a 10 second look around. They usually wouldn't bother with one or two bottles of whiskey like with us in the past. But they would object to crates and crates of beer bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrsmallblind

Hey Guys

I badly badly need a campervan ticket. East or west will do

PM me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hills, and distance in general, in Glastonbury totally depend on how completely wrecked you are crawling back at the end of the night. On their own they're nothing challenging... at the end of a 15 hour day where you've probably covered a far whack of distance going back and forth around the festival they're another story.

FAQ

If you've got a campervan then weight is no object, get a keg of zoider from Thatchers, or some of their 2.5ltr plastic bottles which are much easier to carry.
    http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/the-cider/draught.ashx

Sometimes they have done very extensive searches of our van, other times they barely look in the door. Once they even took our stock of cider off us, which wasn't in glass, because they claimed we'd not be able to drink it all so must be selling it. We did drink it all and the supervisor had a go at those "security" guys the following day when we went to collect what had been confiscated temporarily.

Hey Guys

I badly badly need a campervan ticket. East or west will do

PM me

Thanks

So they're all gone now? You have my symapthy, but I'm glad I got one earlier. Advice given earlier in the thread was they could all go within a few days, but this was literally a few minutes...more stress :P

Keep an eye on the efests pages and there may well be campervan tickets becoming available. There are at least a few people who have bought camper tickets as spares for friends hoping to get festival tickets in the resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i thought East were still onsale?

West sold out quickly, but from what I've read, it's much smaller and there seems to be more demand for it than East.

I think west has become a bit more popular for people now as you will never get stuck in a queue to get in/ out due to having a separate pedestrian gate from the carparks. On the East everyone goes through the same gate and if can be a big queue at times.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    I think west has become a bit more popular for people now as you will never get stuck in a queue to get in/ out due to having a separate pedestrian gate from the carparks. On the East everyone goes through the same gate and if can be a big queue at times.

So theres a car park and a campervan site sharing an entrance?

So theres a car park and a campervan site sharing an entrance?

Yep. The carparks on the East side all access the site after walking through the campervan fields and all in the same gate.
    On the West the smaller campervan area has a separate entrance.

Yep. The carparks on the East side all access the site after walking through the campervan fields and all in the same gate.
    On the West the smaller campervan area has a separate entrance.

Interesting!
    Ok, Id imagine it's only day 1 that people are coming in from the car parks. Maybe a few now and then to stock up on whatever they left in the car.

Interesting!
    Ok, Id imagine it's only day 1 that people are coming in from the car parks. Maybe a few now and then to stock up on whatever they left in the car.

Mostly the big queue is just on the Wednesday morning and they make the queue go around the side of the hill. You'll have heard the people from the carparks starting to walk past and form a queue from before dawn, but tucked up cosily in the camper after drinking loads of cider on the tuesday evening I'd tend to wait a bit before joining them.
    You can also get held up for a little bit on other days if there is someone big on first thing that draws people out from their slumber before noon.

Big queue - are we talking minutes or hours?

Big queue - are we talking minutes or hours?

Might be an hour if you join it at the wrong moment on the Wednesday. Just make sure you have a couple of cans in your hand to keep your thirst quenched for the duration and you'll be fine. It's a very jolly queue.

On other days it will only be 10 minutes at most I'd say.

Might be an hour if you join it at the wrong moment on the Wednesday. Just make sure you have a couple of cans in your hand to keep your thirst quenched for the duration and you'll be fine. It's a very jolly queue.

On other days it will only be 10 minutes at most I'd say.

So excited!

So what happens on the Wednesday? Just float about, look at stuff, talk to strangers?

So excited!

So what happens on the Wednesday? Just float about, look at stuff, talk to strangers?

Yep, same as any other day at Glastonbury. Although later in the week they put on some popular music acts of the day to entertain us as well. :)

The Cider Bus will be open from midday, as will the Brothers Bar beside the Jazz Stage (or whatever they call it these days) and both of those will be popular areas to hang out. Go for a wander through the Greenfields up to the Stone Circle, wander over to The Park, generally get your bearings of the site and how huge it is. There will be things being setup still in some places, others areas you'll wander across some unexpected performance or happening.

Then the next day do the same again, just with a few more people in the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I've just paid my ticket balance,my official countdown starts now!

• Advertisement

Yep, same as any other day at Glastonbury. Although later in the week they put on some popular music acts of the day to entertain us as well. :)

The Cider Bus will be open from midday, as will the Brothers Bar beside the Jazz Stage (or whatever they call it these days) and both of those will be popular areas to hang out. Go for a wander through the Greenfields up to the Stone Circle, wander over to The Park, generally get your bearings of the site and how huge it is. There will be things being setup still in some places, others areas you'll wander across some unexpected performance or happening.

Then the next day do the same again, just with a few more people in the site.

Great stuff!

I have another question. We will be going by ferry in a campervan. I am 110% adamant on going the Tuesday night and driving through the night to be in the campervan site by 5/6am.
    One of my group is saying they will have to work late on the Tuesday (not impressed) so can we go on Wednesday morning, probably meaning we'd get to the campervan site by 5/6pm on the Wednesday.

What would the bad side of this be apart from missing the day? Like I know in Electric Picnic if you arrive by the evening time, you have only the worse camping spots to set up your tent, if even. Would it be similar but only the worst parking spot for the campervan?

I'll be telling the person that if it means so much they should be taking a half day, or else fly over and meet us there on Wednesday! But just wondering for worst case scenario.

Advertisement