Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

how late do they have to work?
    there's a ferry around 2am from Dublin that you could get and drive through the early morning and be there around midday Wednesday.

one of our group was the same and was told in no uncertain terms that they can either get a half day, or fly to Bristol on the 6am flight and make their way to the site themselves, as we're not missing most of Wednesday or being in bits from driving all night because of them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

how late do they have to work?
    there's a ferry around 2am from Dublin that you could get and drive through the early morning and be there around midday Wednesday.

one of our group was the same and was told in no uncertain terms that they can either get a half day, or fly to Bristol on the 6am flight and make their way to the site themselves, as we're not missing most of Wednesday or being in bits from driving all night because of them :pac:

Until 9pm ish.

Yeah I saw that ferry alright, that would make more sense.
    But still, I want to do this properly so would appreciate a half decent spot etc....If you're gonna do it, do it right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

I must be missing something - can see the West campervan field on the map but not the East - where is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Chelon wrote: »
    I must be missing something - can see the West campervan field on the map but not the East - where is it?

On this map it is E14 - E25
    http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/map16june14.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sebcity wrote: »
    Great stuff!

I have another question. We will be going by ferry in a campervan. I am 110% adamant on going the Tuesday night and driving through the night to be in the campervan site by 5/6am.
    One of my group is saying they will have to work late on the Tuesday (not impressed) so can we go on Wednesday morning, probably meaning we'd get to the campervan site by 5/6pm on the Wednesday.

What would the bad side of this be apart from missing the day? Like I know in Electric Picnic if you arrive by the evening time, you have only the worse camping spots to set up your tent, if even. Would it be similar but only the worst parking spot for the campervan?

I'll be telling the person that if it means so much they should be taking a half day, or else fly over and meet us there on Wednesday! But just wondering for worst case scenario.
    If you are the driver then you rule in all decisions related to arrival times. Other people get an opinion, but not a vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

robinph wrote: »

Thanks, I can see how much bigger it is now. Suppose have to try to get there early and grab a spot as near to the site as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

robinph wrote: »

Looking at that map, how in hell are you supposed to see everything? Suppose it's impossible to visit every area that has something going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

scudzilla wrote: »
    Looking at that map, how in hell are you supposed to see everything? Suppose it's impossible to visit every area that has something going on

Not impossible, just involves a lot of walking.

Stage hopping is pretty much impossible due to the size of the site. My advice would be just to make some very loose plans about who you really want to see and then go with the flow when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not impossible, just involves a lot of walking.

Stage hopping is pretty much impossible due to the size of the site. My advice would be just to make some very loose plans about who you really want to see and then go with the flow when you get there.

i have no plans to go...EVER, it's my idea of hell

I was just commenting on the size of the place

I've been going for 20 years and there is still new things to discover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Tickets fully paid for, now the wait for the lineup begins, I'm so excited for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

i have no plans to go...EVER, it's my idea of hell

I was just commenting on the size of the place

Would you not be curious?? Camper van you'd be sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Chelon wrote: »
    Thanks, I can see how much bigger it is now. Suppose have to try to get there early and grab a spot as near to the site as possible.

If you have google earth installed have a look at this interactive map from glastoearths site, it really gives a taste of how much stuff in packed into one area!!

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-map

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Do you need a credit card to pay the balance? Thought you could pay balance with normal card.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Do you need a credit card to pay the balance?.

yes, if you're an international customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Do you need a credit card to pay the balance? Thought you could pay balance with normal card.
    scary wrote: »
    yes, if you're an international customer.

Nope, you need a credit card to put down your deposit, but can pay the balance with a debit card. I did so yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Nope, you need a credit card to put down your deposit, but can pay the balance with a debit card. I did so yesterday.

really, when I paid the balance on wednesday i'm nearly sure it said international customers could only pay with a credit card.

really, when I paid the balance on wednesday i'm nearly sure it said international customers could only pay with a credit card.

Yeah. Booked initially with a credit card, paid the balance yesterday with my own debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably will pay balance this evening. Worth getting postage rather than collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Definitely get postage. Was a time that they made all the international visitors queue for tickets and it was always a massive pain to have to go off and find where the tickets where being distributed from this year, wait ages in a queue for them to find it for you and THEN have to go and get in the regular queue for the festival. Back in the day it could put you out a couple of hours if you were trying to do it on the Wednesday morning. Maybe not as bad now as they do postage to Ireland which they didn't use to but it is probably still best avoided as you need to make sure you arrive at wherever the ticket office will be this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks - I'll do postage so!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yeah. Booked initially with a credit card, paid the balance yesterday with my own debit card.

It's not letting my mate use his debit card. I won't be paying the balance till the morning so can't check mine yet. What bank are you if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I tried paying the balance with a debit card. Computer says no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Jeeze my payment went through there and it was 257.26 euro! That was just for the balance!

It's not letting my mate use his debit card. I won't be paying the balance till the morning so can't check mine yet. What bank are you if you don't mind me asking?

That's strange. My gf paid hers using her Irish debit card as well. I'm AIB. She used either Ulster Bank or PTSB.

friend tried using their AIB Visa debit card last night and it wouldn't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Paid my balance Wednesday using ptsb visa debit card

You've got the only in the wrong place.

Only international customers can use credit cards.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#INTERNATIONAL
    International ticket purchases can only be made using either Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

if debit cards from some banks are being allowed to pay the balance, then they are presumably recognised as credit cards/UK cards, as some Irish Visa debit cards definitely don't work, and shouldn't work.

• Advertisement

Yeah aib didn't work. Another hunt for a credit card begins.

Advertisement