Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 peachyb

Anybody fancy sharing a taxi from Bristol Airport on the Wednesday evening?
    Flight EI3286 - Wed 24 Jun 2015
    Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 17:30
    Arrives: Bristol (BRS) 18:40

They ran airport links last year but not this. Taxi look good option for a group..

efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/191729-travelling-tofrom-bristol-airport/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Sun says the final headliner will be The Who.
    the guy who runs efestivals has checked with sources and they're saying that it's true.
    they're supposed to be playing in Paris that night but are apparently moving the gig...

bit lacklustre, although i don't like The Who anyway, so even if it was their first time headlining i wouldn't bother seeing them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cracking if it's the who! Bought tickets for the gig in Dublin for night before Glastonbury instead of ac dc tix as I thought ac dc would play Glastonbury! 😡
    As much as I like the who it's a bit underwhelming when it's gonna be pretty much the same set as '07

The Who have now officially cancelled their sold-out Paris gigs for the Sunday and Monday, and moved them into 1 gig on the Tuesday at the same venue, with people having to reapply for their ticket, presumably on a first-come-first-served basis. email went out to the fanclub earlier. nothing to the general public who bought tickets (yet) it seems.

so that's the Sunday headliner...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The Who have now officially cancelled their sold-out Paris gigs for the Sunday and Monday, and moved them into 1 gig on the Tuesday at the same venue, with people having to reapply for their ticket, presumably on a first-come-first-served basis. email went out to the fanclub earlier. nothing to the general public who bought tickets (yet) it seems.

so that's the Sunday headliner...

Bit of an anti climax. The circumstances of the cancelled Paris gigs surely indicate that The Who are headlining on the Sunday because somebody else pulled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Absolute dick-move for anyone who tickets for the Paris gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Cancelling all plans for tomorrow evening. Strong rumours the line up will be dropping. Let the glastobating go into overdrive!!!

i have something on at 7:15pm, so it'll probably be out at 7pm like last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ts_editor wrote: »
    Absolute dick-move for anyone who tickets for the Paris gigs.

Did it last year for Irish ticketholders released a statement about logistical reasons they couldn't fufill dates in Dublin & Belfast this past November they then used part of that week they were due to play here to feck off to the UAE to perform a show for F1 fans after the Grand Prix there.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

The Who and Paul Weller both confirmed

• Advertisement

Paul Weller who also has a gig elsewhere on the Sunday which will presumably be cancelled.

looks like they had a headliner who pulled out, and these are last minute panic bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So that's 2 out of the 3 nights I won't be at the Pyramid..

.. hell, not even sure about The Foos either.

Seen them in Slane after 'One By One' was released and they were fantastic.. but their new stuff just doesn't grab me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Bit of a let down that announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Won't be taking in The Who - seen them at Marlay Park and thought they were going through the motions a bit

Dammit, need to borrow a kid at Glasto ! Stephen Hawking confirmed to appear in the Kidz Field!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Dammit, need to borrow a kid at Glasto ! Stephen Hawking confirmed to appear in the Kidz Field!

I'm due a delivery in the next couple of days, fingers crossed, who will then act as my pass to get into see the prof. Whole new area of Glasto to discover that I've never been to before. :D

Just got notification that tickets were despatched..

.. poop's getting real! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seems they are sending out international ones a bit sooner. No sign of an email for me yet.

got our email today, hopefully they'll arrive early next week.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Avalon one of my fav areas pulling the rabbit out of the hat this year. Will be spending even more time over there this year especially for I am Kloot.

avalon_2015_b.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Dispatch email aswell today ��

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Avalon one of my fav areas pulling the rabbit out of the hat this year. Will be spending even more time over there this year especially for I am Kloot.
    Ooh.. Idlewild!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Basq wrote: »
    Ooh.. Idlewild!
    one of my absolute faves and new album is great. Raging I can't go this year, have a blast everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Took delivery of my tickets this morning. Beauty!!

5 weeks tomorrow :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Managed to get my mates sorted for tickets in todays resale so wont have to go on my lonesome now :)

More drip feed. Want the full line up!!

common783.png

Yay, tickets arrived this morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Toodles23

Hi all, had to get a refund for my Glastonbury ticket a few weeks back. I received the refund but I got a ticket in the post this week...has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Pretty sure the tickets are barcode scanned so I'd imagine it is canceled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Toodles23 wrote: »
    Hi all, had to get a refund for my Glastonbury ticket a few weeks back. I received the refund but I got a ticket in the post this week...has this happened to anyone else?
    Toast wrote: »
    Pretty sure the tickets are barcode scanned so I'd imagine it is canceled.

This is a strange one.

Glastonbury tickets are NOT barcoded and cannot be re-issued. Basically, it would appear you have got your money back and now have a fully valid Glastonbury ticket

The entry process is actually rather old fashioned. You arrive at the gate with your ticket, they take the ticket and basically look at you and then look at the picture. (You'll be asked to take off hates and sunglasses etc etc so that they can have a good look)

Once they are satisfied, you get your wristband put on and get half your ticket back. If you leave the site over the weekend, you MUST have your half ticket and wristband for re-entry.

There is no digital scanning at entry gates!!!!!!!

Advertisement