Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

18618_10152927868562104_1640249274830223711_n.jpg?oh=b82378c29c9df98cd0c999af86463fd2&oe=560473A3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Toodles23

This is a strange one.

Glastonbury tickets are NOT barcoded and cannot be re-issued. Basically, it would appear you have got your money back and now have a fully valid Glastonbury ticket

The entry process is actually rather old fashioned. You arrive at the gate with your ticket, they take the ticket and basically look at you and then look at the picture. (You'll be asked to take off hates and sunglasses etc etc so that they can have a good look)

Once they are satisfied, you get your wristband put on and get half your ticket back. If you leave the site over the weekend, you MUST have your half ticket and wristband for re-entry.

There is no digital scanning at entry gates!!!!!!!

It's so odd alright! Think I might be able to go now too so it might be worth flying over and chancing my arm at the gate! The ticket looks no different to the rest of the tickets so hopefully they don't start scanning them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BoardPoster

Hi All,

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am selling my glastonbury ticket. I am not a tout and am selling the ticket for face value. The pic on the ticket will suit a mid-late twenties/early thirties male and the image itself is also very dark. PM for more details.

Many Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Toodles23 wrote: »
    It's so odd alright! Think I might be able to go now too so it might be worth flying over and chancing my arm at the gate! The ticket looks no different to the rest of the tickets so hopefully they don't start scanning them this year.
    You'll be fine. They have sent you a valid ticket with your name and picture on. You will get in no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I have heard that drink at the festival is fairly cheap, anyone with some experience on the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I have heard that drink at the festival is fairly cheap, anyone with some experience on the subject?
    pints are £4-£5 depending on where/what you buy (so in or around €6).
    there's various different bars serving different things, but nothing less than average Dublin prices.
    certainly isn't cheap.

take loads of your own booze and only get the odd thing from the bars would be my advice if money is an issue.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/192928-alcohol-and-food-prices/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Probably cheaper than Dublin prices, about equivalent of London prices, but more than regional UK bar prices.

All the main bars will be the same prices, you'll get more bang for your buck from the Cider Bus or Brothers Bar and some lovely fermented apple juice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Ticket just arrived. I feel a day of dancing around on the cards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It was cheap when sterling was almost at parity with euro. This year we got a 30% markup to deal with. I guess it evens out all the times the times I got a good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

foolelle wrote: »
    Ticket just arrived. I feel a day of dancing around on the cards!!

Does your ticket have a barcode? (Re. a few posts back) I'd be shocked if it didn't!! A large festival surely has to have some numbering system. I was soooo excited going in the gate last year I can't remember if they scanned or put in my reg no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No not that cheap works out roughly the same as a festival here, and the exchange rate will kill this year. Unless you're completely flush with cash, take a much drink as you can physically carry. It's nice to have the odd refreshing pint of cider or from one of the bars, but remember it's a longer festival than most so if you run out of drink early it can be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BoardPoster

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Does your ticket have a barcode? (Re. a few posts back) I'd be shocked if it didn't!! A large festival surely has to have some numbering system. I was soooo excited going in the gate last year I can't remember if they scanned or put in my reg no.

No barcodes pal, if you look remotely like the image, your in. They are more interested in searching for glass items at the gates then bouncing people with perfectly valid tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

No not that cheap works out roughly the same as a festival here, and the exchange rate will kill this year. Unless you're completely flush with cash, take a much drink as you can physically carry. It's nice to have the odd refreshing pint of cider or from one of the bars, but remember it's a longer festival than most so if you run out of drink early it can be expensive.

How much drink would one bring in general?
    I'm think a litre of spirits in a plastic bottle and 32 cans.....so roughly a nagan and 6 cans a day?

But then again, I might not drink the spirits so I can remain relatively sober to take it all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Missing the trip to Somerset for the first time since 2010 because of other commitments. Enjoy all...

Myself and the other half would usually bring roughly 25-40 cans between us, a bottle of spirits and a bag of wine (perfect for Glasto) which is just about enough for the 5 days. If you’re not a wine drinker I’d advise to bring a lot more cans than that. The last couple of years we’ve been bringing a 2nd bag of wine. Somebody said it earlier but definitely keep in mind that you’ll have a nice fresh beer/cider a few times through the day, that way you’re not too dependent on your stash.

Oh the thoughts of chilling by the Pyramid in comfort on a camping chair waiting for the 1st act of the weekend to come on while sipping on a beverage..

Sorry mate just seen this now, nope no barcode as have been mentioned they are numbered though both on the ticket and the stub.

I'd chance using the ticket myself. They only check that the ticket is real with a uv light and that its you on the photo. Worst case a few days in summerset I could think of worse things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So, not a tap of work will be getting done on Tuesday. Highlighter pen will be poised and ready and tissues to wipe tears away at the inevitable clashes.
    Been a long time waiting for the full line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Full line up
    Poster15-A3-June-rev2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stage times also available here!

EDIT: Oh, and Clashfinder.

Friday and Sunday choc-a-block for me.. Saturday's not so much.

Friday is savage. Catfish & The Bottlemen and Jungle on 3 - 5.30 on Other Stage, then Wolf Alice on Park Stage from 6.30 and then Flo and The Foos from 7.15 onwards on Pyramid.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,661 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Florence And The Machine in between Motörhead and the Foos?

:eek: :D

going to wait for the clashfinder to get properly sorted, too many people editing at the moment overwriting other people's edits.

still though, main clashes for me so far:

Caribou and Hot Chip/Jamie xx
    Kanye/Jon Hopkins/Mothership
    Todd Terje/DFA1979
    Flying Lotus/Ryan Adams/Chemical Bros

loads and loads of clashing DJ sets too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Florence And The Machine in between Motörhead and the Foos?

:eek: :D

Thats my camp for Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone used Camp light before or going to this year? Seems like a good cheap alternative to worthy view and no hill. Only thing that worries me is getting an awful tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looks like Jon Hopkins might be getting the Friday spot that Four Tet done last year on the Park stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hammer Time

Has anyone much experience getting the ferry? This will be my third year going to Glastonbury but both the other times I had a coach ticket which took a lot of hassle out.

I'm looking at Rosslare to Pembroke at the moment.

Has anyone much experience getting the ferry? This will be my third year going to Glastonbury but both the other times I had a coach ticket which took a lot of hassle out.

I'm looking at Rosslare to Pembroke at the moment.

Ferry is handy enough. Presume your driving? It's about 150 miles to Pilton from Pembroke dock, should take you about 4 hours including a stop at one of the services for a break. Also handy to stop off in Bristol for supplies. We're lucky we can book the 0245 return on Tuesday morning so we wait for the ill effects to wear off and the traffic off the site to die down and then take our time getting back to the ferry.

For anyone interested here is a 20% discount code for stena which goes to Fishguard rather than Pembroke which is a slight bit longer a drive on the other side but only about 20min or so. B314 is the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm just not in festival form these days and want to sell my ticket. anybody done this before? i know i've to find someone who looks like me but what sites can I list it on? toutless and the like ban glasto ticket sales

maybe try posting on GlastoWatch or efestivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Anyone taking the Ferry, be mindful of the drive back on Monday morning. I'd advise leaving the site as early as possible.

We picked up a campervan in Pembrook and it took us about 5 hours to drive down from there. No bother at all on the way down but the drive back was torture after a late night of Partying on Sunday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Sheog wrote: »
    Anyone taking the Ferry, be mindful of the drive back on Monday morning. I'd advise leaving the site as early as possible.

We picked up a campervan in Pembrook and it took us about 5 hours to drive down from there. No bother at all on the way down but the drive back was torture after a late night of Partying on Sunday night!

Yup. Getting the 2am-ish ferry from Pembroke. Will be leaving a tad early on Sunday night so might miss The Who.
    Some of our party need to be in work on Monday - banter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Foo's have just cancelled Pink Pop and a gig in Switzerland. Gonna be fecking gutted if Glasto is cancelled as well.

Advertisement