Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Poop tent?

Allegedly some people bring an extra tent and put a bucket in it to avoid the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Oh dear god, i did ask i suppose.

but the smell

my god, the smell

the horror.... the horror.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The loos are really not at all bad these days. Don't know what people are worried about. Long drops are fine, there are flushing loos as well, and the sawdust recycling ones are fantastic.

Steer clear of the portaloos of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Basq wrote: »

Fúcking devo'd Second year of disappointment and didn't go to Slane cos they were announced. :(

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Fúcking devo'd Second year of disappointment and didn't go to Slane cos they were announced. :(
    Certainly the only headliner I wanted to see! :(

New Friday headliner to be announced.. the only thing that'll soften the blow for me at this stage:

Certainly the only headliner I wanted to see! :(

New Friday headliner to be announced.. the only thing that'll soften the blow for me at the moment

Rumours of T Swizz again. Second year not seeing a headliner on the Pyramid. What a blow! Why couldn't it be Kanye.

Both the official page and efestivals have crashed. I guess people are going to speculate new means someone not on the lineup will be shipped in but I'm thinking it'll just be a bump up for Florence and the Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Rumours of T Swizz again. Second year not seeing a headliner on the Pyramid. What a blow! Why couldn't it be Kanye.

Rumour is it WILL be kanye..... BOTH nights. B0ll0x to that!

Toast wrote: »
    .. but I'm thinking it'll just be a bump up for Florence and the Machine.
    Hard to know.. the article does say:
    A new Friday night headliner will be announced soon.

I suppose "new" could either suggest support being bumped up, or a new headliner entirely.
    Rumour is it WILL be kanye..... BOTH nights. B0ll0x to that!
    Silliest rumour yet... no chance!

• Advertisement

This is the only thing that could help my grief.

https://www.facebook.com/trenton.lundy1/videos/1004334552911873/

How about Flo Fighters? Foo Fighters with Florence standing in for Dave. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hard to know.. the article does say:

I suppose "new" could either suggest support being bumped up, or a new headliner entirely.

Silliest rumour yet... no chance!

Just sayin' what I heard. Hasn't got enough material for 2 nights. (No offense, few have but still wouldn't see him once) Reckon it's gonna be Blur alright or, as someone said, bump Florence.

PleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowiePleasebeBowie... Hey, I can dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

robinph wrote: »
    If you are staying in the campervan site then stash your passport etc in the van, but well hidden. Then just keep your ticket and passout in a secure pocket for each time you are in the site. You won't need to use the lockups for those things, you'll have to be of relatively sane mind each evening/ morning when you treck back to the van anyway. You should use the lockups for beer, chairs, waterproofs that you don't want to carry about all day.

Those who are staying in the main area camping should stash their passports in the lockups though would be my advice. Those people are more likely to end up in a ditch upside down at 5am. :D

Just checking - if you're taking a campervan over from here then why would you take your passport? Do you need it to access the site?

Chelon wrote: »
    Just checking - if you're taking a campervan over from here then why would you take your passport? Do you need it to access the site?

Do you not need it to enter the UK by ferry? Would a drivers license do?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Gutted the foos are out. At such short notice I'd say it'll be a bump up.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

sebcity wrote: »

Never needed it when coming into Holyhead - why would Fishguard be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

What a sickener:( ..the band i was looking forward to the most..but its going to be an amazing week anyway and so close now..first time and cant wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yes, a drivers licence is fine.

http://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/faq/passports-identification/
    Ireland/Britain Routes

Irish Ferries recommend all passengers bring a passport with them. Irish and British citizens do not strictly require a passport to travel between the two countries - some form of identification is however required. Please note that all nationalities except Irish or British require passports. Non-EU nationals should check with the British or Irish embassy before travelling as they may also need a visa. Passengers who turn up at our ports without valid documentation may not be allowed to enter either Ireland or Britain.

Useful means of identification when travelling on these routes are:

Passport
    Driving Licence
    European identity Card
    Bank cards
    Photo ID (school or college)
    Utility Bills
    Birth Certificate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'll be going from Bristol, so no need for a passport anyway. The discussion was getting a bit confused between passport/ cash/ valuables and where to leave them in either campervan or lockup, the word "passport" ended up stuck in my head as a generic word for "valuable item that you really can't afford to lose or get covered in mud".

But, no you don't need a passport for driving/ ferry between Ireland and the UK (if you are an Irish or UK national).

352276.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No harm in taking the passport just in case, keep it in a safe place in the car/camper.

The ferry is great, no check in bull, security screening etc. maybe it's just me but I've never had to show ID of any sort! Ever!

Took the ferry on a stag to wales a while back, walked on the boat with a plastic cup of vodka and Coke, walked right off again in Holyhead with the same container!! (Mind you topped up once or twice!) seriously easy going compared to an airport!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Well that's just crap

352276.jpg

What's the deal with the James Blunt thing! It's from his verified account + feeds his web page too, I assume he's been hacked or taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Fatfrog wrote: »
    What's the deal with the James Blunt thing! It's from his verified account + feeds his web page too, I assume he's been hacked or taking the piss?

He's a known piss-taker on Twitter.

He is just taking the piss... it's his verified account alright.

He's very funny on Twitter though - he retweets the barrage of insults he gets and comments on them - well worth following!

2.png

A Neurotic wrote: »
    He's a known piss-taker on Twitter.

Ahaaa can't say I follow or would ever consider following him all because of that one song!! You know it!!.... You're singing it right now aren't you!!

Bit more respect for him now though! Some random tweets!!

In fairness to the organisers, it's well late to be pulling surprises or epic'ness out of the bag to replace the Foos, in demand acts will already be well booked up this time of year!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ahaaa can't say I follow or would ever consider following him all because of that one song!! You know it!!.... You're singing it right now aren't you!!

Bit more respect for him now though! Some random tweets!!

In fairness to the organisers, it's well late to be pulling surprises or epic'ness out of the bag to replace the Foos, in demand acts will already be well booked up this time of year!!

Agreed

Advertisement