Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, there's very few realistic options there, Blur are about the only one i can think of, and FATM are pretty much at headliner level at this stage anyway.
    much easier to bump them up and get in a replacement further down the bill at short notice.

makes no difference to me, I'll be at Caribou, Jamie xx and Hot Chip during that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

There's a big 4 hour gap to fill on the Pyramid now between 6.30 and 10.15

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sebcity wrote: »

Next one down will probably get bumped up one slot, and then someone else who is doing another set on the Saturday or Sunday will get to do a 2nd gig on the Pyramid. Possibly someone from a headline on JP or late evening slot on the Other will get to double up.

Or they will just play some Oxfam/ Wateraid films and shuffle everyones times by 10 minutes so that the gap isn't as obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Anybody know anything about renting wheelbarrows to get stuff into the camp site?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about renting wheelbarrows to get stuff into the camp site?

http://www.diy.com/search/results/?question=wheelbarrow

Don't think it would actually be that great. The ground is very bumpy, you will need to have your load balanced very well and be good with wheelbarrow handling or you will just end up tipping it over every 5 minutes. Pushing up and down inclines will be very tough for a couple of miles that it will be from the car to your camp.

A trolley with multiple large wheels that you can pull behind you will be better.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    http://www.diy.com/search/results/?question=wheelbarrow

Don't think it would actually be that great. The ground is very bumpy, you will need to have your load balanced very well and be good with wheelbarrow handling or you will just end up tipping it over every 5 minutes. Pushing up and down inclines will be very tough for a couple of miles that it will be from the car to your camp.

A trolley with multiple large wheels that you can pull behind you will be better.

Usually there is somewhere to rent them at festivals, as we will be getting the bus there

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Usually there is somewhere to rent them at festivals, as we will be getting the bus there

I've never seen that before at Glastonbury.

robinph wrote: »
    I've never seen that before at Glastonbury.

No worries so, it's my first year going, have been to download a few times, and you can rent them there, was just curious to see if there was a similar situation here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

sebcity wrote: »
    They'll give each of the acts another 10-20 mins I'd say and bump them all up accordingly and then stick someone in earlier in the afternoon.

NOT happy AT ALL. This happens of course and has happened previously (Most recently U2). But at least they replaced the act. Florence is NOT a replacement, she's already playing! I find it odd that they could not get ANYONE. Surely here is SOMEONE who would jump at the opportunity to play on the Pyramid Stage at GLASTONBURY!!! I know it is short notice but AC/DC etc are touring. As much as I'd prefer to see the Foos, I'd enjoy AC/DC also. Not going to rant and rave (Or sign a stupid, pointless petition) but I'm afraid I think I'll cut my losses and give it a miss this year. Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They had a month to prep for U2 pulling out in 2010, a week and a bit would extremely difficult to cover, esp as it's not just a case of the act turning up. The act needs to be on the road with stage gear that's suitable to fit on the stage and can get in and out of there in time to continue on what ever tour they are on at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Hang on. You have a ticket. I assume flights? And you're going to give it a miss because Foo Fighters aren't playing?!? Bizarre if so...
    They'll give each of the acts another 10-20 mins I'd say and bump them all up accordingly and then stick someone in earlier in the afternoon.

NOT happy AT ALL. This happens of course and has happened previously (Most recently U2). But at least they replaced the act. Florence is NOT a replacement, she's already playing! I find it odd that they could not get ANYONE. Surely here is SOMEONE who would jump at the opportunity to play on the Pyramid Stage at GLASTONBURY!!! I know it is short notice but AC/DC etc are touring. As much as I'd prefer to see the Foos, I'd enjoy AC/DC also. Not going to rant and rave (Or sign a stupid, pointless petition) but I'm afraid I think I'll cut my losses and give it a miss this year. Disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Glastonbury is much more than the main stage headlining act.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glastonbury is much more than the main stage headlining act.
    Yep! Every year for the past probably 15 years, I'd have wanted to see one of the headliners... this year is the same!

If you can't ANY other band worth seeing closing the evening in Glastonbury, vary your music tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'm perfectly entitled to my tastes, thanks. Yes, I know there's more to glasto than the main stages, I've been 4 times already. I just was not hugely gone on the rest. I was actually thinking about returning my ticket during the refund period. I understand I'll lose money but I'm not sure I want to pay another 250 or so on that I don't really have on various expenses for a line-up I'm not gone on.

AC/DC are playing the night before in Germany and are incapable of doing 2 nights in a row these days.
    they also cost several million to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm perfectly entitled to my tastes, thanks. Yes, I know there's more to glasto than the main stages, I've been 4 times already. I just was not hugely gone on the rest. I was actually thinking about returning my ticket during the refund period. I understand I'll lose money but I'm not sure I want to pay another 250 or so on that I don't really have on various expenses for a line-up I'm not gone on.

Listen to some of the stuff you wouldn't normally try. Or go off and spend the entire festival in the rabbit hole. Id love the freedom of not caring about seeing anyone. There's so many weird corners to be part of. If you want to do it on the cheap go talk to the Hari Krishna and get a free meal. If the one reason you were going was Foo Fighters go take a ghettoblaster with you and play nothing but foo fighter tracks off it and get people to sing along and dance with you as you wander the campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Does this look perfect or what?

Weather.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Anyone got any good Facebook content to check leading up to the feastival. I see the official one but any others worth checking?

Chelon wrote: »
    Does this look perfect or what?

Weather.jpg

Other page I just looked at was mentioning showers on the Thursday and Saturday. But I guess it's all down to interpretation of a cloud with a bit of sun behind it symbol, which doesn't exclude the possibility of light showers.

Uhoh you've jinxed it now.

• Advertisement

most weather sites/predictions at the moment seem to be saying cloudy, with the odd shower over the week, but nothing too bad. won't be a scorcher though.

Honestly that sounds perfect. Wasn't there in 2010 but it sounds nightmarish. Had 2 days of 30C sun in 2005 before the deluge and it was just wandering around desperately searching for shade to sit in until the sun went down. If the choice was scorcher versus washout I'd take scorcher but given the choice a 20c cloudy with no rain would be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nothing worse than waking up with a cider hangover in a sauna tent at 8am. i'd take rain and 12degrees any day.

yeah, too much sun isn't great, too hot to sleep and then freezing at night. i don't mind a bit of rain but it generally means mud, which is obviously crap.

a cloudy, dry, warmish day with little breeze is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the pictures from the BBC webcam today are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I like how stranger and stranger weather forecast sites get pulled into play just because they've a favourable forecast. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Toast wrote: »
    I like how stranger and stranger weather forecast sites get pulled into play just because they've a favourable forecast. :-D

yr.no has always been one of the more respected ones. Just that their forecast has just come into range. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Map for this year's festival is here: http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FG-Website-Map-v4.png

Don't spot any changes from last year.

• Advertisement

there's a few small changes, there was a gif flicking between it and the 2014 version.

a few things i can remember:
    Strummerville moved up to the Tipi Village hill/tree area
    names on the campsites around Baileys
    Arcadia bar moved to the opposite side of the spider and a little more room in Park Home Ground campsite
    no Despacio tent
    i think one of the campervan fields is now a private boutique camping one, the greyed out one between E21 and E24

Advertisement