Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

nothing worse than waking up with a cider hangover in a sauna tent at 8am. i'd take rain and 12degrees any day.

8am! 6 am more like!!! woke up roasted one morning last year, dying & completely dehydrated, lips were cracked, opened a stick of lip balm but the normally solid stick was completely melted with the heat and just spilled out all over the place! (It looked like jizz all over my sleeping bag ;) )
    Although there was the mega rain storm last year was quite hot, there's little shade there, I got more colour than a typical sun holiday. X3 girls beside us in a small x4 person tent! I don't know how they did it???
    X2 of many lessons learned would be; Take more warm weather clothes, I only had one pair of 3/4 lengths, the rest jeans. I was roasted. &
    Take more hypothermic foil to cover the tent to reflect as much heat as possible, maybe take a small portable fan, sleep is precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Spending the day printing things and charging things. Must be Glastonbury time soon! Anyone know when Aer Lingus will allow you check in online without booking seats in advance? Also if I don't check in online for the return flight can I check-in in Bristol airport? Not sure if they have the kiosk things there to do it (and if they're free?) Airlines keep changing the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Toast wrote: »
    Spending the day printing things and charging things. Must be Glastonbury time soon! Anyone know when Aer Lingus will allow you check in online without booking seats in advance? Also if I don't check in online for the return flight can I check-in in Bristol airport? Not sure if they have the kiosk things there to do it (and if they're free?) Airlines keep changing the game.

Think it you can only check in 30 hours or less before the flight to get a free seat and yes you should be able to check in the return trip in the airport.

48 more hours til departure time... Excited is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Blisterman wrote: »
    Map for this year's festival is here: http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FG-Website-Map-v4.png

Don't spot any changes from last year.

have'nt been to a festival in a good few years but that is just monumental. have watched snippits of glastonbury and knew its big but never fully rsalised the scale of it.

much fun to all those going. hope weather is'nt too bad or too good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No ticket :( , if you're heading over enjoy, party hard and have a pint for me!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jesus, the exchange rate is enough to make ye weep. Think I'll be visiting the Hare Krishnas.

Question is now get all the money out in one lump... or use the machines on site each day for what I need. If I get it in one lump I'll probably end up getting too much. Last year used the cash machines.. never had to queue don't think the rate was too bad. Was something like an extra 2.50 for the privilege of using them each time so maybe ten quid out but lots less leftover sterling (which would have been nice now!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

To everyone heading across the Irish Sea this week. Have an absolute blast.

Couldn't make it myself this year :(:(

To those who haven't been before, it's the single greatest week / weekend you'll ever have. Make sure to pace yourself as it's a long week and try and explore as much as possible outside of the main stages. Try and get out and about at the crack of dawn at least one morning.

One of my favourite moments last year was about 6.30am on the Sunday morning, I took a can of cider and headed to the back of the Park and lay in one of the hammocks up on the hill all on my own in total silence just looking over the entire site as it slept thinking "there is nowhere in the world I'd rather be right now".

I'll be spending my weekend glued to BBC and enjoying the coverage. Looking forward to reading some wonderful stories here next week.

Safe travels guys!! Have a cider for those of us who couldn't make it this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Leaving tomorrow for Bristol and some pre glasto gigs there. Will head up to the sign on Wednesday and give it a kiss for those unable to attend this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

cheers mate! I'll have a few for ya!

Leaving Dublin this evening for Wexford. Then ferry at 0900 tomorrow!

Everyone going have a great one and remember drive her like ya stole her!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Anyone who's going enjoy yourselves, you lucky b***ards!

To those who haven't been before, it's the single greatest week / weekend you'll ever have. Make sure to pace yourself as it's a long week and try and explore as much as possible outside of the main stages. Try and get out and about at the crack of dawn at least one morning.

One of my favourite moments last year was about 6.30am on the Sunday morning, I took a can of cider and headed to the back of the Park and lay in one of the hammocks up on the hill all on my own in total silence just looking over the entire site as it slept thinking "there is nowhere in the world I'd rather be right now".

I'll be spending my weekend glued to BBC and enjoying the coverage. Looking forward to reading some wonderful stories here next week.

Safe travels guys!! Have a cider for those of us who couldn't make it this year!!

Cheers, will definitely try for a sunrise!!
    Anyone who's going enjoy yourselves, you lucky b***ards!

Thanks.

Getting the campervan tonight. Heading off on the ferry tomorrow.
    Little annoyed I didn't research properly when we booked all this - we could've gone in on the Tuesday in the campervan! Should be getting to the gates at 6am on Wednesday so expecting quite a queue.

Will have a cider for everyone!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sebcity wrote: »
    Should be getting to the gates at 6am on Wednesday so expecting quite a queue.

You could be stuck in the worst of the traffic getting to the site unfortunately. Once you can get past Bristol before people start leaving for work that will make things a bit easier hopefully.

I do like waking up on the Wednesday morning to the sound of excited people tramping through the campervan fields in a rush to get into the site and grab their pitch. Whilst we just chill out and have breakfast and a few cans and mosey on into the site around midday ish on the wednesday.

There is no point in getting onto the site from the campervan fields until the Cider Bus opens anyway. :D

robinph wrote: »
    Once you can get past Bristol before people start leaving for work that will make things a bit easier hopefully.

Will have the foot to the floor from Holyhead to try beat this.

Just can't wait to be parked up and can in hand!!

Over on the 6.40 Aer Lingus flight on the Wednesday morning, Flyer to Bristol and the National Express to the festival. Last year they had some pokey backroads for the coaches to bring them in (went all the way around the Tor) that probably added 30 minutes to the journey but beat the traffic. Hopefully it'll be the same this time. In the Camplight field in Pennards. Hoping to be relaxing around about 11 if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some bar prices:

sfzOn0Z.jpg

Avalon Inn:

5Cer4rT.jpg

After the conversion we're not short of 6.50 a pint. Not great but I was paying six euro a pint at Beck for Heineken so not massively out of line with the Irish prices (in the past they were far far better).

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

On the way myself. Stay safe everyone and have a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Old Perry wrote: »
    have'nt been to a festival in a good few years but that is just monumental. have watched snippits of glastonbury and knew its big but never fully rsalised the scale of it.

much fun to all those going. hope weather is'nt too bad or too good :-)

The maps don't even give a sense of half of how large it feels, when you're trodding through mud and crowds. Can easily take an hour to walk from one point to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Just downloaded the official Glastonbury app and it's really hitting home just how much will be on offer just on the main stages alone.

Never have used a Clashfinder in the past - is it worth using one alongside the official app, if so how do they work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

+1 from me!!! Feeling sorry for myself today

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im all excited! 3rd time going but the 1st time there isnt too many bands Im interested in seeing. Less stage hopping, more wandering :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

This is my third time going. Heading up tomorrow evening from Victoria (I live in London). I work at the festival, at the garlic bread stall (shaped like a castle), so will be near the Pyramid stage.

Have a great time everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

.. at the garlic bread stall (shaped like a castle)

Had to be done..

Heading up to Rosslare this evening, ferry tomorrow morning, spending tomorrow in Bath then onto Glasto early as possible as Thursday morning.

Enjoy all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've never been but I'm keeping an eye on the webcam and once again it's looking glorious. I'm loving all the comments here, have a great one folks. I'll be glued to BBC all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If anybody happens to see a pedobear teddy its probably me

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Just finished packing,getting the ferry from Rosslare in the morning.Staying in Cardiff tomorrow night and then on to Glastonbury first thing Thursday.2nd time going,can't wait to get back there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Have a great time everyone, would love to be going this year but working abroad. Have a few ciders for me! I'll try and catch some BBC coverage. Love this time of year, it feels weird not to be making the pilgrimage to Pilton. Safe travels all

I'm on the ferry :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm parked near the top of the hill of death, cider in hand, watching the lights across the site and dieing to be let in.

Advertisement