Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Cider....Soundbar & BBC HD.

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah you can't go wrong with a bit of Burt Bacharach. Nice easy listening on a sunny afternoon. He was supposed to be playing tomorrow night in Killarney, wonder is there any teeny tiny chance he might do the Picnic now cos of not having any other Irish date. Be lovely on the Sunday.

He must be one of the oldest performers there. He's 87!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Meangadh wrote: »
    Ah you can't go wrong with a bit of Burt Bacharach. Nice easy listening on a sunny afternoon. He was supposed to be playing tomorrow night in Killarney, wonder is there any teeny tiny chance he might do the Picnic now cos of not having any other Irish date. Be lovely on the Sunday.

He must be one of the oldest performers there. He's 87!

Yep, an absolute legend. Glasto gives us everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

Well yesterday was certainly good. Watching on the bbc but today has shown the festival has sold out . Not as in ticket sales.

It's is pure pop today on all of the big stages. And rubbish pop at that. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Oul Burt seems very fragile there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snowchaser wrote: »
    Well yesterday was certainly good. Watching on the bbc but today has shown the festival has sold out . Not as in ticket sales.

It's is pure pop today on all of the big stages. And rubbish pop at that. Very disappointing.

Would not class Suede on later tonight as Pop, one of the best bands of the 90's, and what about Bert, certainly not Pop either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Would not class Suede on later tonight as Pop, one of the best bands of the 90's, and what about Bert, certainly not Pop either.

Suede are a brief glimmer of hope, Anderson always delivers. They tick all the boxes.

I have the tv on permanent mute, whilst playing actual music. Just by looking at acts, I know there not for me.

Where's the rock? t's pantomime perversion pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Waterboys on now

Will have a look at Pharrel and Kanye tonight, more out of curiosity though. Will be hoping for better on one of the red buttons after Suedes set.

Gregory Porters set currently very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Snowchaser wrote: »

The Pilton Pop, Blues & Folk Festival has sold out because it plays pop music? Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

**** it, can't wait for Kanye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'd love to see daft punk headline one year be amazing.

Anyway I say kanye be good

Just looks/sounds like he is singing along to his CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Will have a look at Pharrel and Kanye tonight, more out of curiosity though. Will be hoping for better on one of the red buttons after Suedes set.

Gregory Porters set currently very good.

People were giving out last night about 'Florence and the Machine' not being a headline act....For Glastonbury Kanye West sure as S isn't!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Not Kanyes biggest fan but he does put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Thank f@@k for the Fr Ted Red button...kanye ??

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Been sh1t so far, where's the showman, where's the dancers, the entourage. Him in his own on stage isn't good enough

Was that a stage invasion? Thought it was a guest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Started off ok but it's all gone a bit ****e

Been sh1t so far, where's the showman, where's the dancers, the entourage. Him in his own on stage isn't good enough

Its literally him rapping to his own songs, and a lot of flashing lights.

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Started off ok but it's all gone a bit ****e

Watching Paloma Faith, the missus is a big fan, post if he improves and I'll flick back

Its literally him rapping to his own songs, and a lot of flashing lights.

There must be nothing at all for the crowd to see. I'm sure the atmosphere is great but I don't know if he would hold their attention for too long

Watching Paloma Faith, the missus is a big fan, post if he improves and I'll flick back

Slightly better. Think song is 'all da ****'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Low stage ceiling with the lights,the design looks like something from the set of the film "Alien", then again Kanye is performing so.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

My head,eyes and ears are hurting. Is this joker for real?. Glastonbury my arse....what are you doing putting a twat bleating on to a backing track on any stage any time. Awful ****eee.

Bbc red button. Thank you

Couldn't say it's worth turning over for.

Cold as ice now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

Absolute muck. It's not a stage set up for a festival. Just basically him singing along to a cd.

Disgrace to the name of the festival.

Paloma Faith put on a good show. At least you could watch her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Lisha wrote: »
    Slightly better. Think song is 'all da ****'

It's called All Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still waiting for a show. Standing under a low ceiling with flashing lights doesn't count. Awful stuff so far.

Advertisement