Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,662 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'm sure Suede love the Beeb referring to them as 'Britpop Legends' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

If he did that people would give it about that too.

Switch over to Suede you wont be disappointed, i saw them perform "Dog Man Star" album in Olympia few years back, one of the best gigs I was ever at

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Can't believe he's gonna do whole show with just him and the lights/utterly stripped down.

He's probably just intentionally courting controversy, of course: he seems to be looking for the absolute slating he's gonna get from most people.

You kinda have to admire his sheer balls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Switch over to Suede you wont be disappointed, i saw them perform "Dog Man Star" album in Olympia few years back, one of the best gigs I was ever at

I've seen Suede live too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What should he do different?

Instruments, band, dancers, entourage, entertain us, make the stage rock, he can afford it, this is just crap

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

Delighted that this has gone so badly for the festival organisers. They sold out big time with Kayne and it has totally backfired. Hilarious.

Absolute muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

youngblood wrote: »
    Does he have a low ceiling to make him look taller?
    Not getting his set production given his ridiculous unfathomable wealth

It's designed to shield him from the bottles of piss that are inevitably being hurled in his direction right now

Still Life

*foppish swoon*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Snowchaser wrote: »
    Delighted that this has gone so badly for the festival organisers. They sold out big time with Kayne and it has totally backfired. Hilarious.

Absolute muck.

Every ticket sold out, people talking about him, excellent crowd reaction from what i can see and hear. How did it backfire exactly?

What should he do different?

Too formulaic as they say, too cd like show, skip track repeat, repeat sequence, thats what his performance is coming across like........

Anyway Bret is giving it socks here.........:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The people slating Kanye, have you any interest in rap?

Yes, I love hip hop/rap, but this shïte is just bloodily awful!!
    Seriously, he's taking the pi$$ right???

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Snowchaser wrote: »

While I don't think it's that great at all, I wouldn't say it's backfired. The crowd seem to be fairly into it. They're singing along (when they can) and it looks like there's a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Who's on guitar for Suede?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

He is so far up his own hole isn't he??

furiousox wrote: »
    Who's on guitar for Suede?

Richard Oakes

If he did gay fish next he'd probably win everyone over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Every ticket sold out, people talking about him, excellent crowd reaction from what i can see and hear. How did it backfire exactly?

Doesn't Glastonbury usually sell out before any headline acts are even announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

While I don't think it's that great at all, I wouldn't say it's backfired. The crowd seem to be fairly into it. They're singing along (when they can) and it looks like there's a good atmosphere.

Kanye fans went to Kanye

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fairly boring tbf. I like a lot of his stuff, and he started off well, but this is just boring.

I've no problem with a Hip Hop act (or any act for that matter) headlining Glasto but he's just not very good. I doubt anybody other than a big fan is enjoying this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

It sells out every year, they don't even release the line up till the tickets are gone usually

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for "The Wild Ones" been played...........

Suede...one of the best bands Britain has ever produced. There, I said it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Animal Nitrate!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Suede on BBC4 in 5 minutes, thats where I'm heading for.
    This guy knows where it's at. One of the greatest bands of all time. Three songs in and they've already got the crowd in the palm of their hands.

The Drowners!

furiousox wrote: »
    Animal Nitrate!

OH YEAH!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

Sells outs every year man. He is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Here we go, animal nitrate

Holy ****, Bret is rolling back the years with this performance!!!!! .KANYE TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ah, one guy on the stage with him now.

It'll probably build up and he'll end up with an entire band and orchestra behind him.

Advertisement