Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kanye started off so well, but it absolutely died in the middle and picked up in the end.
    That clown Lee Nelson was the stage invader, says alot of you to be on the same stage as Kanye yet not be the biggest gowl on there.

His voice broke during the "greatest rockstar in the world" shout out, he doesn't even believe it himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The who must save the pyramid stage headline slot

lertsnim wrote: »
    Listening to the BBC presenters going on about Kanye West. FFS. Jo Wiley wanted to say he was bollocks but obviously not allowed to.

Jo Whiley can say whatever she wants about whatever she wants ... that voice!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Well there was the stage invasion about 3 or 4 songs in

They wanted their money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

P funk being absolutely awesome as ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

razorblunt wrote: »
    Jo Whiley can say whatever she wants about whatever she wants ... that voice!! :o

Looks well for 50.
    She stopped ageing about 12 years ago!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Parliament!

Get them over to the Picnic.

The Kanye hate in this thread is expected...

The love-in for Suede - the definition of mediocre is hilarious.

Parliament!

Get them over to the Picnic.

The Kanye hate in this thread is expected...

Did you watch Suedes set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

razorblunt wrote: »

Super milf too.... which helps

• Registered Users Posts: 72,661 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Site ban :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Watching Deadmau5 now, wish I had pills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

What a body on the cat ears girl . Meeeowww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Thank god we got The Who tomorrow. Shocking tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Enjoyed it, for the most part, and i'm not particularly into Kanye West.

Admire the balls of the guy to do it the way he did.

And he kinda is the last 'rock star' in music at the moment.

Foo Fighters or whoever would do a nice, safe show that everyone would be sure to enjoy and would be entirely predictable.

Aren't 'rock stars' supposed to keep you guessing and get up some peoples noses? Annoy those who don't understand?

Kanye delivers on that front, at least.

What's the point of the lad in the 3/4 length jean shorts?

Does he wander around and fill in at any point someone needs a beather?

I was willing to give Kanye the benefit of the doubt, but from what I saw, that stage set was poor, with those low lights.

If you were there, but near the back, how were you supposed to see anything?

As I said before, Suede gave everything into their performance - Brett going right up to the barrier several times, singing every last note with 110% passion, all the hits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

La Roux followed by deadmau5. Not a bad Saturday night!

Watching Deadmau5 now, wish I had pills

Replace Deadmau5 with Parliament and pills with acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e no opinion on Kanye really, i liked the 1st 2 songs, then it died a bit, Gold Digger seemed rushed at the end to, never heard of suede before reading this thread....sorry lads,

Really cant wait for The Who now, haven't looked forward so much to a headline act since Springsteen a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is the BBC player not working for anyone else? Using the Hola extension too but still won't let me watch any clips on it. Parliament Funkadelic are grand for now on the telly though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The love-in for Suede Kanye - the definition of mediocre is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Corrected that for you :D

Loving me a bit o' de Parliamentadelic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody go to Suede's gigs at the Olympia where they played a different album each night in its entirety?
    Went to DMS and Suede nights. Missed Coming Up. I think I've seen them 12 times live over the years and I still get excited whenever I see them take to the stage. Won a competition back in the early 2000's to meet them in Belfast when they played a gig with Doves. Four of us went up and it was one of the best nights of my life. Friend got to sing part of Obsessions when Brett gave him the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

I was willing to give Kanye the benefit of the doubt, but from what I saw, that stage set was poor, with those low lights.

If you were there, but near the back, how were you supposed to see anything?

As I said before, Suede gave everything into their performance - Brett going right up to the barrier several times, singing every last note with 110% passion, all the hits :)

Didn't get to see Suede; didn't have access to the all important red button.

Will hopefully see the playback or get it on youtube.

Great band in their day with some amazing songs: especially the first few singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Is the BBC player not working for anyone else? Using the Hola extension too but still won't let me watch any clips on it. Parliament Funkadelic are grand for now on the telly though!

Yeah had awful problems with it tonight strange I watched a few different sets earlier on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just put the kids to bed, gonna turn off all the lights, get my strobe light going, swallow a few yokes and watch deadmau5

Was pleasantly surprised by him. I will give that set another listen to anyway.

Good dirty kind of electro sound rather than that godawful excrement David Guetta plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lertsnim wrote: »
    Listening to the BBC presenters going on about Kanye West. FFS. Jo Wiley wanted to say he was bollocks but obviously not allowed to.

Hue Stephens sounded alot more beleiving about his positive comments inregards to Suede, as he did for Kanye anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

stretchdoe wrote: »
    Didn't get to see Suede; didn't have access to the all important red button.

Will hopefully see the playback or get it on youtube.

Great band in their day with some amazing songs: especially the first few singles.

Suede's set was on BBC3

Birneybau wrote: »
    Suede's set was on BBC3

Oh la-di-da Mr. French man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Yeah had awful problems with it tonight strange I watched a few different sets earlier on

Ya telling me I didn't have the bandwidth to play the stream, thought it was a problem on my side.

Rebooted just as Deadmau5 finished and it hasn't worked at all since :(

Advertisement