Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

This thread is hilarious. I was at Glastonbury two years ago 95% of this thread have watched it on BBC and are experts on music as a whole.
    If suede are that good why have they no dublin gig this summer? If they played kilmainham/marlay park would you all buy a 50 euro ticket?
    Saw kanye at watch the throne in the point incredible, last year in Marlay park, rubbish. Tonight from what i saw on tv, rubbish. Not many headliners floating around and had kanye produced a proper show and set list he could have put on a proper display as Jay Z did in 08. It's a shame the fella is a knob but he deserved to headline.
    As for people criticising glastonbury, go to it, come back, then criticise. It's ten times the festival electric picnic ( which i attend every year) was is or will ever be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Jesus, that Suede gig was unbelievable. Great songs with great showmanship. Timeless stuff really. If some young whippersnappers were to release an album like Suede even today it would be acclaimed.

Really? I kept forward winding the iplayer to get from the songs that sounded like beautiful ones but weren't to the actual beautiful ones. Which was rushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

This thread is hilarious. I was at Glastonbury two years ago 95% of this thread have watched it on BBC and are experts on music as a whole.
    If suede are that good why have they no dublin gig this summer? If they played kilmainham/marlay park would you all buy a 50 euro ticket?
    Saw kanye at watch the throne in the point incredible, last year in Marlay park, rubbish. Tonight from what i saw on tv, rubbish. Not many headliners floating around and had kanye produced a proper show and set list he could have put on a proper display as Jay Z did in 08. It's a shame the fella is a knob but he deserved to headline.
    As for people criticising glastonbury, go to it, come back, then criticise. It's ten times the festival electric picnic ( which i attend every year) was is or will ever be.

Yeah it's fantastic. The sheer variety. The general atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Kanye west absoulte smashed glasto! Hit after hit! None of his crazyness no rants no moans (shock)

Smashed!! Better then Jay-Z

Has to be one of glasto best headlines?

(no I'm not been smart honest view)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Was in Glastonbury in 1985, watched it on telly as much as possible since. Thought Rudimental and Suede were the stars of a mediocre festival so far. Would love to go back but the show would want to improve something for a 50 something couple to make the massive effort to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well I would definitely pay €50 for the Suede ticket, if they replicated a performance of that standards last night. The only other gig they have planned is a festival performance in Madrid in mid September, so who knows, an appearance at the picnic could happen......

But I do agree, not many major headliners floating around and I suppose Kanye was probably the name that would fit the slot, but watching his show earlier , I recorded , it was just too repetitive and formulaic......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

stretchdoe wrote: »
    Enjoyed it, for the most part, and i'm not particularly into Kanye West.

Admire the balls of the guy to do it the way he did.

And he kinda is the last 'rock star' in music at the moment.

Foo Fighters or whoever would do a nice, safe show that everyone would be sure to enjoy and would be entirely predictable.

Aren't 'rock stars' supposed to keep you guessing and get up some peoples noses? Annoy those who don't understand?

Kanye delivers on that front, at least.

Rock stars are supposed to put on amazing live shows first and foremost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

threein99 wrote: »
    Rock stars are supposed to put on amazing live shows first and foremost
    When musicians become 'rock stars' it's time to stop paying attention to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

A bit disappointed by Hozier. Have seen better shows by him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Sweet Jaysus thats horrendous.

Patti Smith and the Dali Lama rocked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

My ears need a therapy after that utter $hite. Glastonbury should be burnt down after that abomination.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    My ears need a therapy after that utter $hite. Glastonbury should be burnt down after that abomination.

Pure disgrace. I've no issue with rappers playing Glasto but that last night was utter sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I thought Kanye was terrible, perhaps it was better being there for the sounds but I'd say the low lighting configuration suited the TV viewer more (or those at the front).

I felt his interaction with the crowd was minimal and the gaps between songs was too long and killed any bit of buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Anyone know how to get live streaming off bbc? Glastonbury not on the box till half six

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

I'm abroad and have to say the coverage on the BBC website is brilliant. Loving it, will keep me busy for the next 29 days until the sets start disappearing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

That's odd because just about everybody I know places the average Glasto goer as knowing pretty much nothing about music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is incredible, roll on the Picnic. Hopkins in the Four Tet slot from last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

thebaz wrote: »
    that girl over-hyping Kanye was just annoying.

A complete and utter fan girl. Kanye could have made a **** on the stage and she still would have loved it. People like her need to be kept far away from a camera and microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Between Lionel Richie and Paul Weller this evening, The Who, and The Chemical Brothers later, plus Humans and Top Gear, the Planner and Recorder on my Freesat Box are working over time. There's gonna be a good few hours of catch up in the week for the stuff I dont see tonight.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Between Lionel Richie and Paul Weller this evening, The Who, and The Chemical Brothers later, plus Humans and Top Gear, the Planner and Recorder on my Freesat Box are working over time. There's gonna be a good few hours of catch up in the week for the stuff I dont see tonight.

Lionel has the crowd in lapping it up. Who needs Sweaty Ken?

Looking forward to Weller and the Who.

prodsc wrote: »
    Lionel has the crowd in lapping it up. Who needs Sweaty Ken?

Looking forward to Weller and the Who.

I assume Lionel has been on already. His set is being shown on the BBC2 at 6pm though.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I assume Lionel has been on already. His set is being shown on the BBC2 at 6pm though.

Just finished 5.15 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The problem with Kanye is that he will think he was amazing, he'll have so many nuthuggers surrounding him telling him was brilliant that the lunatic will believe it.

Biggest living rockstar in the world me hole

tinpib wrote: »
    I'm abroad and have to say the coverage on the BBC website is brilliant. Loving it, will keep me busy for the next 29 days until the sets start disappearing.

I've recorded loads of sets and eventually will put them on you tube. Red Button is class.

Meself wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get live streaming off bbc? Glastonbury not on the box till half six

SmartDNS will sort that.

Lionels set being shown now. Huge crowd for it, and already better than Kanye.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

Patti Smith ( with Dalai Lama)

1. Privilege (Set Me Free)
    2. Redondo Beach
    3. Ain't It Strange
    4. Beneath the Southern Cross
    5. Pissing in a River )
    6. People Have the Power
    7. Land
    8. My Generation