Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

Sorry Roger et al. Chemical brothers have me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ole ole ole, og og og.

ooo ooo, ooo ooo.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Watching it here, its probably the best I've seen from them in years. The thing is what I don't understand is how does it look so dark in comparison to here when you look out the window its only dusk it must be some sort of dimmer on the camera

It actually gets dark earlier there, further south. I've been twice after going to Body and Soul the weekend before and you'd really notice the difference.

I'm a bit sad I'm not there now, Chemical Brothers looking good.

Have to admit I never got acts like this playing 'live' I like what I hear but I'd have the same experience if a dj played their cds :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

BBC3d

• Advertisement

Seemsto be quite a change this year at Glastonbury with the Dance bamds bands moving from the tents to the stages.

Love the bouncing balls, and the extra effects for the television audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have to admit I never got acts like this playing 'live' I like what I hear but I'd have the same experience if a dj played their cds :confused:

These guys are geniuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Way hayyyy, some Ryan Adams on the bbc 2 as well, caught one of his gigs in The Olympia and it was brill, even the Game of Thrones meets Excalibur ending on stage!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

You wouldn't get the same experience at all. You'd get a dj set. Seems mad in 2015 people come out with this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

It's the whole expericence though. Music, light show and thousands of other people around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I'm watching right now and this is a different kettle of fish to a dj playing their cds. I must say this light show looks stunning.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Seemsto be quite a change this year at Glastonbury with the Dance bamds bands moving from the tents to the stages.

Its not all that's bouncing, some serious talent there!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

1. Who Are You
    2. The Seeker
    3. The Kids Are Alright
    4. I Can See for Miles
    5. My Generation
    6. Pictures of Lily
    7. Behind Blue Eyes
    8. Bargain
    9. Join Together
    10. You Better You Bet
    11. Love, Reign O'er Me
    12. Eminence Front

Mint Sauce wrote: »

I saw the chemical brothers on the pyramid stage headline slot in 2000. Orbital played the main stage 2nd from top slot in 1995.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Incredible, that's the only word for this. Does this belong at Glastonbury?

Hell yeah!

This is seriously trippy ****!

Hell yeah!

But it's not rock and roll

I saw the chemical brothers on the pyramid stage headline slot in 2000. Orbital played the main stage 2nd from top slot in 1995.

Never knew they played the stages.

They are blowing away everything else this weekend, suede included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

They are blowing away everything else this weekend, suede included.

Ah here now, c'mon now, they cant hits those notes as good as Brett, get real!!!!!

Everything belongs at Glastonbury :)

I knew your previous post was in reference to west last night. Nobody has a problem with hip hop or alternatives to rock and roll at big slots at glastonbury, indeed they've been doing it for donkeys as the post above your last points out.
    Kanye was **** though, that's the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I've seen them quite a few times but this is ****ing insane. Oh to be in the middle of that madness. In my living room alone giving it socks watching this go off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The chemical bros are legends, if you tried to make a song you would have a library of synths and effects. When they started libraries weren't available, they had to create everything from scratch. When they play live they say they try to recreate as much as possible and cue and initiate them to the beat.
    But like all DJ type things its allot to do with the sequence of the set, how songs merge, remix to freshen or emphasise beats. They're constantly tweaking volume bass, everything. That's why it sounds sooo good when you're standing at a live performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I know, but I like it. Like it, yes I do.

I have all the lights turned off in my living room for this. I don't care if I see flashing lights all day in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kanye was ****. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I wouldn't be a real hardcore dance music fan , but watching this with the light show, the crowds and al.;.… it just must be some mind blowing experience

• Advertisement

The jaws are going to a faster beat than the brothers decks!

Advertisement