Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

TS_640x480.jpg

cant see this at glasto :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would be better than Beyonce tbf

and it could be a mere possibility, she could easily do the friday night :P thought it was a bit strange that the hyde park gigs start at the end of june

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

would be better than Beyonce tbf

Could not disagree more ha .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Does the Slane foo's gig rule them out for Glasto in terms of timing? Had it been a month later I would have said they're a dead set for Glasto.

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Does the Slane foo's gig rule them out for Glasto in terms of timing? Had it been a month later I would have said they're a dead set for Glasto.

both Michael and Emily Eavis have said in interviews over the past while that they have 3 headliners booked. when the Foos came out and said they wanted to play Glasto Emily Eavis said she would love to have them there.
    a couple of days ago Foos released that they still havent been asked so it dosent look likely.
    ****s up all my predictions :P i tought it would be Foos and Fleetwood Mac and someone else

seen a few people making a valid point that even though Robert Plant and the rest of Led Zeppelin were offered a lot of money to do a reunion tour next year and didnt accept, that doset rule the out them doing a one off show or maybe a hyde park gig aswell

they're also playing in the UK a few days before Glastonbury, so they're quite likely. they were 8/11 favourites for Glastonbury headliners this morning.

Kasbian also said they hadn't been asked as late as January this year, when they were clearly booked, so I wouldn't read too much into what Dave said.

if it wasn't for Mick Fleetwood's pretty strong denials, then FM would be very likely too, given that they have 10 days between the Dublin gig and a Leeds one, with Glastonbury weekend right in the middle.
    perhaps they have a different festival in the UK that weekend ( British Summer Time festival maybe), but I still wouldn't be writing them off completely.

Lionel Richie confirmed for the "legends slot" on Sunday:
    https://www.facebook.com/glastonburyofficial/photos/a.10150183961960964.301221.40513090963/10152365023025964/?type=1
    We are very pleased to announce that pop and soul legend Lionel Richie is the first artist to be confirmed for Glastonbury 2015. He will make his debut UK festival appearance in the Sunday teatime slot on the Pyramid Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

He's not my cup of rich tea so will be giving that a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wow. Thats gonna be amazing. He's perfect for the Sunday slot. Can just see it now... lovely sunny afternoon, Lionel walking out to "machine gun", crowd going mental!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like no Fleetwood Mac now after they got announced for IOW

yeah, the press release says it's their only festival appearance for 2015. must be getting ridiculous amount of money for that exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Rumours of The Libertines playing glasto in the Sun over the weekend. I know not a credible source but you never know.

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Rumours of The Libertines playing glasto in the Sun over the weekend. I know not a credible source but you never know.

would have been ideal for last year
    hope its not them this year. i think everyones over their reunion and has seen them at this stage if they wanted to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

How impossible will it be to get two tickets for this now? All the website says is that there will be a resale in Spring of any returned tickets....I assume getting them will be next to impossible.

Am I fecked? :(

Hoping to get some myself.
    Got mine in the resale last year so don't lose hope! Mind you the odds are definitely against, I read somewhere after the autumn sell out that 1M were trying to get 180,000 tickets!!

They don't reveal how many resale tickets are available but I'm guessing it's max say 10,000 (might not even be that high) so even if only half of the disappointed try again the odds are min 1/40 1/50 good luck!

The Dalai Lama will be giving a talk:

http://www.dalailama.com/teachings/schedule
    Public Talk in Glastonbury, Somerset, England on June 28: His Holiness will give a talk at the Glastonbury Festival in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Hoping to get some myself.
    Got mine in the resale last year so don't lose hope! Mind you the odds are definitely against, I read somewhere after the autumn sell out that 1M were trying to get 180,000 tickets!!

They don't reveal how many resale tickets are available but I'm guessing it's max say 10,000 (might not even be that high) so even if only half of the disappointed try again the odds are min 1/40 1/50 good luck!

Cheers, mate.

By any chance do you know when these tickets are likely to go on sale? :)

They haven't decided that yet as far as I'm aware just said "resale in the spring" so keep an eye on the Glasto Twitter page.
    Last year it was the 27th of April.

Hopefully the sale is earlier this year, (Would be great to get tickets regardless!) last year had less than two months from getting tickets until the actual festival, left things a bit tight for cash, Ferry, getting supplies needed, booking time off work etc and mentally preparing myself!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There will always be a certain amount of tickets up for resale and as the deadline for the balance to be paid is the first week of April the resale will be sometime after that. Not yet certain if I'll be making use of my tickets or not yet as have a baby festival goer due in May and negotiations about my being able to make it along are not likely to be concluded until much nearer the time. It will be 20 years since my first Glastonbury though so would be cool to make it along, and even better if junior can go as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You could alway volunteer with Oxfam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

You could alway volunteer with Oxfam as well.

Anybody tried it before? Applied myself but haven't heard anything yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

fibix wrote: »
    Anybody tried it before? Applied myself but haven't heard anything yet...

I've done it a few times. It's a pretty good deal - free ticket + secure camping in exchange for 3 x 8 hour shifts. They work on the gates doing the ticket checking and program distribution, so nothing too taxing. The secure camping is definitely a big bonus.

Applications won't open until early/mid March for the public, and Glastonbury fills up pretty quickly, so you need to be on the ball when they do open.

I've done it a few times. It's a pretty good deal - free ticket + secure camping in exchange for 3 x 8 hour shifts. They work on the gates doing the ticket checking and program distribution, so nothing too taxing. The secure camping is definitely a big bonus.

Applications won't open until early/mid March for the public, and Glastonbury fills up pretty quickly, so you need to be on the ball when they do open.

Was it Oxfam you volunteered with?

What shifts did you end up working in terms of days and times?

What's to stop someone volunteering, getting in then just going off and enjoying the festival?, sure you forgo a deposit but you get entrance to a well sold out festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Was it Oxfam you volunteered with?

What shifts did you end up working in terms of days and times?

What's to stop someone volunteering, getting in then just going off and enjoying the festival?, sure you forgo a deposit but you get entrance to a well sold out festival.

Yes it was Oxfam.

Last year I worked Wednesday morning, Thursday overnight and Saturday afternoon (I think). Still got to see a good bit of the festival. Think the year before was a similar pattern too.

Sure, you can take the risk of just bunking off, but if caught you will be evicted from the festival and you'll find it hard to ever work at a festival in the UK again (there's a blacklist that's shared between the different service providers). Having said that people do it every year and I think it's a terrible abuse of the system.

Yes it was Oxfam.

Last year I worked Wednesday morning, Thursday overnight and Saturday afternoon (I think). Still got to see a good bit of the festival. Think the year before was a similar pattern too.

Sure, you can take the risk of just bunking off, but if caught you will be evicted from the festival and you'll find it hard to ever work at a festival in the UK again (there's a blacklist that's shared between the different service providers). Having said that people do it every year and I think it's a terrible abuse of the system.

Cheers, not planning to rip it off, just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Pretty much a confirmation that the Libs will be at Glastonbury

ATMermD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Pretty much a confirmation that the Libs will be at

Where is this from?

• Advertisement

someone on efests who was DMing Carl's sister on twitter.

Other stage headliners, or subbing Pyramid is the general consensus.

Advertisement