Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Bull Terrier. No muzzle.

• 04-09-2014 11:19am
    Site Banned Posts: 28

I had my dog out yesterday evening. She's an English Bull Terrier complete softie but the law is the law so I had her in a muzzle as I always do.

Then out of nowhere comes this fat Labrador not a lead of course cause they're "not vicious". So over comes this Labrador and attacks my dog so I quickly take off her muzzle to let her protect herself and she leaves a good hole in his face for himself. And I'm the bad one?? I don't think so.

If one dog has to wear a muzzle they all should

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you had enough time to bend down, take a muzzle off, without harming yourself then I think you had enough control to scare the the other dog off, or give him a boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If my dog was being attacked I'd step in - I certainly wouldn't stand back and force it to defend itself and boast about it here.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Aislinn.B

Lenny wrote: »
    If you had enough time to bend down, take a muzzle off, without harming yourself then I think you had enough control to scare the the other dog off, or give him a boot

It took no time to take the muzzle off anyway I'd rather let my dog have her own back rather than put myself in danger of a dog attack. This was no friendly Labrador and I wouldn't be stupid enough to boot a big snarling dog

tk123 wrote: »
    If my dog was being attacked I'd step in - I certainly wouldn't stand back and force it to defend itself and boast about it here.

She certainly wasn't forced to defend herself. She gladly did it. I wouldn't step in when my dog didn't need me to step in. Other dog should be on a muzzle

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Aislinn.B wrote: »
    It took no time to take the muzzle off anyway I'd rather let my dog have her own back rather than put myself in danger of a dog attack. This was no friendly Labrador and I wouldn't be stupid enough to boot a big snarling dog

Neither your or your dog were at risk, why would you do that?

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Neither your or your dog were at risk, why would you do that?

My dog wasn't at risk? She was being attacked!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I genuinely hope you are a troll.

"she leaves a good hole in his face for himself"
    "I'd rather let my dog have her own back"

Responsible dog owner? I think not.

Deliberately taking the muzzle off your dog to enable it to attack another dog is despicable. You lost any tenuous moral high ground you may have had by encouraging a dog fight. You should be ashamed of yourself (not proud as you appear to be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

To be honest OP there’s no way I’d let my dog defend its self if he was attacked by another dog I would def. step in, plus I would be encouraging my dog to be aggressive to defend himself…
    If you had time to bend down and release the muzzle you had time to give the other dog a good boot up the ass – that’s my feelings on it.

While it was completely unfair that you dog was attacked you shouldn’t be encouraging aggressive behaviour from your dog either – just my opinion…
    you should have screamed at the other dog and given him a good kick…

Zulu wrote: »

Deliberately taking the muzzle off your dog to enable it to attack another dog is despicable. You lost any tenuous moral high ground you may have had by encouraging a dog fight. You should be ashamed of yourself (not proud as you appear to be).

agree 100%

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Zulu wrote: »

This. No need to escalate the situation by loosening your dog. Woefully irresponsible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Are you a dog fighter? What if your dog was maimed/killed in the fight?
    Time to learn some responsibility. One day you'll meet a dog who will win.

Maybe you'd be cruel enough to let yr dog get attacked but I wouldn't.

Maybe you'd be cruel enough to let yr dog get attacked but I wouldn't.

Well infact you were "cruel" as you put it, you didnt even defend your own dog, left it fend for itself....

All other posters above myslef included said we would step in and not let the dog attack our dogs... you on the other hand encouraged your dog to attack... beggars belief really :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

You had ample time to intervene but you wanted your dog to fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

There are far better alternatives than just letting them at it...

Such as using your coat or grabbing the offending dog by the back legs...

Taking off the muzzle allowed for the situation to escalate into a free for all which could have caused far more damage to both dogs. With hindsight does come clarity that you could have handled the situation better, but you seem to have no such hindsight. :/

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

If a dog bites my dog it's getting bit back twice as hard. Might go looking for him with my hurl later aswell just for pay back

If a dog bites my dog it's getting bit back twice as hard. Might go looking for him with my hurl later aswell just for pay back

I think thats a great idea..... now back to your trolling cave with you :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Wow. That's fightin talk.
    Bye now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement