Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Volvo

Options
  • 04-09-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of buying a volvo in nz. Has anybody any experience or horror stories about getting serviced or parts for a volvo in nz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No experience but I'd honestly have to ask why? There's comparable Aus / Japanese stuff which almost certainly be cheaper and easier to get parts for.
    In work we've 3 Jeeps and getting parts fro them can be a long, expensive process and that's only from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I'm just not too keen on some of the Japanese stuff in the range I am looking for. I like the volvo, simple as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its pretty simple, European car parts are way harder and pricier to get then Japanese. With the problems and cost I had getting second hand BMW parts, I would never go there again. NZ is teaming with Australian, American and Jap cars and parts, anything else is gonna be costly.

I had an S40 for a while in Ireland, built like a solid tank but ****e electronics and economy. Felt very safe though :)

Advertisement