Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Georgia vs Ireland - Group D Euro Qualifier - 07/09/2014 - 17:00

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Do people genuinely think we are good? I'd say average at best, occasionally punching above our weight. We are lucky our group has a few other teams in the same boat.

I would agree, I just don't get how some think we are easily the more talented team than Poland or Scotland on paper. There's not much to pick apart between the three of us, in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Scotland at the moment are alot stronger than us , Poland can be brillaint but they can also be rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Billy86 wrote: »
    No but the results and match reports speak for themselves.

No they don't. Judging a team's quality based on reading a few results and match reports is bullshít.
    And my point was that almost everything you said there is also attributable to the current Irish team.

It's a completely irrelevant comparison. We, Irish fans, know all about the Irish panel available and little about the Georgians.
    As I have said time and again, there were other options MON could have gone for, but anyone remotely familiar with him would have expected Ted what we saw last night from start to finish. Not sure why some people are so surprised and upset over this when it was coming a mile off.

I am however curious what team you would have picked that would have done so much better?

I've been warning that MON plays shít football from the moment his appointment was being rumoured. That is still no reason for me, or anybody else, to hold back from expressing annoyance when MON makes cowardly selections and sets his team up to play regressive and ineffective football. And your statement that Irish fans are delusional for expecting more, considering the talent available, is still wrong.

I'd probably would have gone with something like:
    Forde
    Coleman JOS Keogh/Delaney Wilson
    McGeady Meyler McCarthy Pilkington
    Hoolahan
    Keane
    With Brady in for one of the wingers if he had been fit enough.

That team would have been an awful lot better at keeping and using possession and so would have played more effective football and made the win a lot more likely.

Advertisement