Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Dock - Problems with Dalkia / Veolia

Options
  • 04-09-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I see many old threads here along with a list on various other forums including the unofficial Spencer Dockers in regards to Dalkia (which as of this month changed their name to Veolia).

Is there anyway to complain about their services?

They really do see to be the main problem with life in Spencer Dock. I mean, all who live there are forced to use their services, there is no competition. All heating/hot water go through their system and they maintain it. You are forced to pay their prices and they seem to raise the costs whenever they so choose.

That is the common issue most people have, but that's not the issue I have the biggest problem with.

My issue is in regards to their billing system. They are basically running archaic systems and have no customer database or anything even remotely modern. There is no paperless billing option, each month you get a big print out which they will not let you opt out of. There is no website to log into to check your previous bills. If you want to pay direct debit they send you a huge packet in the post (instead of a nice online form) and force you to fill out lots of personal details I don't think they should be privy to, I mean, I'm just trying to pay a bill, not open a bank account.

Even after filing out their forms they want the originals, nope, can't scan in the forms and email them (I tried), they have to file them and apparently they cannot print out PDFs.

For as much money as they charge they could at least modernise their systems to meet the basic minimum requirements that pretty much every other company in Ireland operates at these days. Their customer service is a joke as well. Half the time they never answer the phone. Apparently its one lady in an office.

They really need competition here as this is exactly the sort of behaviour you would expect from a company with a sole contract and no competition in the market. High prices, rubbish customer service, all running off paper in the office as they won't even buy a computer as why should they bother modernizing anything if they get paid the same either way?

Anyway, I want to file a complaint with whomever they report to, which is why I am posting here. Anyone know whom that would be? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Just an update.

After ringing around a bit and speaking with the concierge I found O'Dwyer manages the properties and I am contacting them directly.

Thanks for the look! I'll post any updates here for anyone else who might find themselves in the same situation.

Advertisement