Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dentures

Options
  • 04-09-2014 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,
    Just wondering is there any dentist in Cork that will remove 9 of my remaining top teeth and give me dentures. I have been to a few places and they want to give me implants, sinus lifts etc. All to the fine tune of around 10 grand!!! My are chipped and discoloured. I just want to get rid before they start to cause me serious issues. Can anyone help out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Dentists are reluctant to do that type of work unless it is absolutely necessary, they say there are risks involved.

But having said l know one person who had it done and it was absolutely fine.

As you say it will be a whole lot cheaper and less hassle to get dentures.

l'd say it's a relatively new process whereby people are just saying take the whole lot out but then the Celtic tiger died so it'll probably start happening again - as you say €10k is some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 billybeard

clerk wrote: »
    Dentists are reluctant to do that type of work unless it is absolutely necessary, they say there are risks involved.

But having said l know one person who had it done and it was absolutely fine.

As you say it will be a whole lot cheaper and less hassle to get dentures.

l'd say it's a relatively new process whereby people are just saying take the whole lot out but then the Celtic tiger died so it'll probably start happening again - as you say €10k is some money.

Thanks for reply. I dont know who has that kind of money to spare in this recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jaysus, what were you eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

pwurple wrote: »
    Jaysus, what were you eating?

Go to the Dental Hospital in CUH, you get final year students with great supervision and facilities for waaaaayyyyyyy less than that! You need a good bit of spare time but they'll sort you out definitely.

Advertisement