Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre slow upload vs download

Options
  • 04-09-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

My current employer has multiple e-fibre connections servicing a few private homes. I've noticed that the upload is very low compared to the attainable download speeds, and gets worse each time a new house is connected.

All the houses are in a private estate and the lines all come from the same entry point into the estate. Is it possible that a fault can cause this drop in the upload speeds, and would the fact that 2 of those lines are still using ADSL cause any issues? I can provide more details as required.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

My current employer has multiple e-fibre connections servicing a few private homes. I've noticed that the upload is very low compared to the attainable download speeds, and gets worse each time a new house is connected.

All the houses are in a private estate and the lines all come from the same entry point into the estate. Is it possible that a fault can cause this drop in the upload speeds, and would the fact that 2 of those lines are still using ADSL cause any issues? I can provide more details as required.

Thanks

Hi AmilcarAlho

I can appreciate your concern and apologise for any adverse affect this may be causing. Unfortunately I will be unable to offer such detailed and infrastructural explanations or insight on this issue however if the account holder would like to report technical issues to be investigated they will need to contact eircoms technical support department on 1890260260.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

Hi,

Thanks

Hi AmilcarAlho

I can appreciate your concern and apologise for any adverse affect this may be causing. Unfortunately I will be unable to offer such detailed and infrastructural explanations or insight on this issue however if the account holder would like to report technical issues to be investigated they will need to contact eircoms technical support department on 1890260260.

Many thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I am an authorized contact for the several accounts. The reason i'm trying the forum is that I've complained via tech support before and got nowhere. Is there any other team that can look into this, as so far nothing has been done. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Thanks

Hi AmilcarAlho

Many thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I am an authorized contact for the several accounts. The reason i'm trying the forum is that I've complained via tech support before and got nowhere. Is there any other team that can look into this, as so far nothing has been done. Thanks
    Hi AmilcarAlho

The technical support team is the only department I can advise you to contact in relation to this. A specific Upload speed is not guaranteed with eircoms efibre or broadband service however if you are not happy with the response from technical support you can lodge a complaint with the business support centre (1800601701).

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement