Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling the dog warden

• 04-09-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly I know there's another thread along the lines of this already but it seems to me more of a slagging match more than anything else and I don't want to be spammed by mail alerts for that thread..

I witnessed something yesterday evening that imo warrants a call to the dog warden (before somebody is injured). However, the owner in question would be out and about after business hours. So what happens with calling the warden - do they eg patrol/call to parks after hours or is it just during business hours? I've heard of him being in our park but it would have been late afternoon/early evening and the only other time I've seen him was when he was in the vets one morning getting info about 2 dogs fighting (we were all eavesdropping :P)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I have no idea if any of the dog warden services operate out of hours.
    There are people near me who fell foul of the wardens more than once for letting their dog out to amuse himself on a daily basis, and they eventually got around the problem by letting the dog out in the evenings and at weekends :rolleyes:
    It might be worth giving your council a call to see how they deal with out-of-hours issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah thought as much. The wardens in our park are part time so they're only there for a couple of hours in the morning and back again to lock up so no help either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I rang the dog warden today about strays in our village. She said she could a) pass the info to the warden and he'd check it out or b) I could take the stray and bring it to them. Could you bring the dog to the warden ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

brianon wrote: »
    I rang the dog warden today about strays in our village. She said she could a) pass the info to the warden and he'd check it out or b) I could take the stray and bring it to them. Could you bring the dog to the warden ?

No it's not for a stray - more of a bad owner situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

tk123 wrote: »
    No it's not for a stray - more of a bad owner situation!

Ah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement