Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge cutting costs?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Got a quote of €300 to get a hedge around my house pruned with the cost of dumping being extra, this was for 2 men for one days work.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Got a quote of €300 to get a hedge around my house pruned with the cost of dumping being extra, this was for 2 men for one days work.

Is this normal?
    seems very cheap to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

How long is the hedge

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

hexosan wrote: »
    How long is the hedge

60 foot by 30, 8 foot high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

100 euro for a days labour would be more like it. We're not back in the Celtic tiger yet.

BryanF wrote: »
    seems very cheap to me

Usually do it myself but won't have the time this year so I'll probably go with it at that price so

• Advertisement

EunanMac wrote: »
    100 euro for a days labour would be more like it. We're not back in the Celtic tiger yet.

From a registered gardening company?

From a registered gardening company?

Ohh one of those . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

100 sounds about right to me. A farming contractor did it for me for e70 for a slightly bigger job. If you have access for a tractor to get in and out give a hedgecutting contractor a shout.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

EunanMac wrote: »

For a man to put E 100 in his pocket for a days work...a man who is paying all his taxes, VAT, USC, general overheads, motor running costs, equipment costs, insurance (like public liability), etc., etc....E 300 is probably about right.

...and...a Mod Note: No talk or encouraging paying cash with a nod and a wink please. The C&P forum is tax compliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

If it's accessible definitely try a farming contractor. I got about 400m done for €150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

40 euro plus vat per hour for a farming contractor. Would do it no time.

I have decided to go with a company I've used before who previously weren't available on the day I needed it done(tomorrow), €250 for the days work, quite happy with that, a farming contractor is not an option as he'd only be able to reach the back hedge

That's a lot better than 300 anyway

Advertisement