Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cook Book That Uses 100 Ingredients

Options
  • 04-09-2014 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just had i thought run through my head, now i don't know if its from memory or i dreamt it but...Is there a cookbook that used only 100 ingredients for all the recipes within?

Please tell me i'm not crazy, and such a book exists and what its called :P

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say 100 ingredients is an awful lot, and surely more ingredients than you'd get in a cook book normally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I'd say 100 ingredients is an awful lot, and surely more ingredients than you'd get in a cook book normally?

But its like 500 recipes, with a different combo of ingridents from memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

you think?

Salt
    Pepper
    Sugar
    Flour
    Butter
    Water
    Milk
    Onion
    Garlic
    Parsley

There's ten basic ingredients, out of which you can make what?

Flatbreads and parsley sauce? Yummers!

Scones and melty butter for desert :)

I'd say any common cookbook has well over 100 ingredients.

Think of all the herbs and spices, meats, cheese, veg, carbs like pasta, rice, couscous, pulses and everything else.

This book he's talking about probably even makes plain and self raising flour out to be different ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I made a google google and found this...? The Scandinavian Kitchen: Over 100 Essential Ingredients with 200 Authentic Recipes .

100 seems like a lot to me, especially if it is marketed as, only uses 100 ingredients.

5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes is where I'd start saying, it's only 5 ingredients.

Baldy Conscience, add 20 different meats and fish to your list, add 10 different carbs (bread, rice, potatoes, noodles ect.), 20 different fruits and vegetables, 20 different herbs and spices, 5 'sweet' things, 10 dairy and 5 other things and I think you could make a different meal for every day of the year, as in, you can make a lot of food from 100 different ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

1080 Recipes?

Like a Spanish version of The Silver Spoon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement