Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Decent lightning cables online

• 04-09-2014 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Seems to be difficult to get decent iPhone 5 lightning cables. As most of the fake ones online seems to break quickly and give the fault message. I have a spare original apple usb plug so I just need the lightning cable. Anyone get any decent ones online or am I just as well of to give the 20 euro for an apple one. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If there's a TK Maxx near you they sell the Belkin ones cheap enough. Have had no issues with it and it was cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FA4Y66U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's not that cheap, but if you get it in a larger order, it's free shipping. Oh and there's a 2m cable there which is still cheaper than Apple's 1m cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'll try tk maxx tomorrow it's only a 5 minute walk. That 6 foot amazon one seems good value too and would be handy to have a longer one so I'll keep that in mind when I'm getting stuff of amazon. Two great suggestions thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Looking at the sellers feedback I'd be wary, he has loads of good feedback but also a few claiming they're fake/good copies (and/or don't work). As I suspect they're good copies most buyers wont notice (hence the good feedback). Seller location HK (read china) which often means copies and 1 month wait for package to arrive...
    I could be wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

seamus wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FA4Y66U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's not that cheap, but if you get it in a larger order, it's free shipping. Oh and there's a 2m cable there which is still cheaper than Apple's 1m cable.

I bought this one lately and I'm very happy with it. It's much sturdier and better quality than the Apple cable your device comes with and it's just as snappy in terms of charging.
    The 2m is really handy too.

Before that I bought one off adverts and a highly rated 3rd party cable off amazon. One was useless and didn't work and the other,despite the high rating,was as slow as Christmas. It charged an ipad in the region of 2% an hour!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

flyguy wrote: »
    Looking at the sellers feedback I'd be wary, he has loads of good feedback but also a few claiming they're fake/good copies (and/or don't work). As I suspect they're good copies most buyers wont notice (hence the good feedback). Seller location HK (read china) which often means copies and 1 month wait for package to arrive...
    I could be wrong...
    I'm not expecting much. It's just a backup cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought one if the ones that they're selling on the counter in petrol stations, they come in various colours. Plugged it into my 5S and got the 'incompatible' message straight away so brought it back. I would have thought that seeing as they're being sold so openly that they would have at least been tested to see if they work prior to being sold but obviously not.

Advertisement