Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College in Ireland? What should I do?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello, folks,

I am currently a graduate student in a brazilian university (top 10 from Brazil), but I've came to Dublin for a Diploma in Business and the plan is to stay here for one year.

I am a Senior Freshman in Politcal Science at my university and I really like it (subjects I've taken: political theory, introduction to economics, history, philoshophy, economic history, calculus, etc). However, I don't want to go back to my country. It is not that I don't like it, but that I don't see my future in Brazil (or even Latin America). Therefore, I have decide to use this one in Dublin to find a way to get into a good university here (I've seen QS ranks and my university is fifty positions behind DIT). Although I study Political Science, I am really into Business, Economics and Languages (German, French and Spanish).

I also don't want to financially abuse my mother, i.e. I want to pay the fees whilst working here.

My big questions is: what are my possibilities? I have seen DIT international brochure and the prices don't seen so bad to me (€11,500 for DT556 International Business & German). TCD is pricy as hell, though. For a similar course, I'd have to pay €16,528 PER ANNUM. I would really love studying at TCD, but these prices are crazy. I've seen also Griffith College and heard about UCD (but never been there).

So, lads, what can I do? Can I transfer my course? If yes, would it be possible to transfer to the Business fiel (like DT556, I really loved the idea to spend a whole year abroad)? Am I able to pay most of the fees and also personal expenses (I am a hardcore worker and overachiever, if it helps)?

Thank you all for reading.
    Tagged:

Advertisement