Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing access rights?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

deirdremf wrote: »
    "I wouldn't completely agree" "I doubt"

You wouldn't be too sure about what you've written would you?
    I'd say the PRTB would be able to set you right there.
    Or just a little read of the relevant law. IIRC, clauses like that are dismissed by the act, the tenant is allowed greater rights by agreement, but not lesser rights.
    There have been cases where the judge ruled that people entering the contract were of equal position and allowed clauses into contracts that would be similar to the above. I'd have to dig through my law notes to find the cases but they do exist.

The wording here may allow the property to be inspected. By a potential tenant

(c) allow, at reasonable intervals, the landlord, or any person or persons acting on the landlord's behalf, access to the dwelling (on a date and time agreed in advance with the tenant) for the purposes of inspecting the dwelling,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

ted1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't completely agree with you and if it came up on court I doubt a judge would to.

I wouldn't completely agate with you either and I've yet to hear of anyone in court for refusing to allow viewing so I'd take some assurance from that.

Advertisement