Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Rabbit Hutch Made

Options
  • 04-09-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I asked a carpenter to make a hutch for me following a few specifications. It isn't an easy hutch to make (two storeys with a ramp, a solid floor downstairs as well as upstairs, four legs, doors in the front and a sliding one in the side to allow it to connect up to their run).

He bought the materials and came back with a quote of €350. It sounds like quite a lot to me but maybe it's justified with the amount of work going into it.

What do ye think? Obviously I can buy a hutch cheaper but the shop ones are tiny and not great quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Hey guys, I asked a carpenter to make a hutch for me following a few specifications. It isn't an easy hutch to make (two storeys with a ramp, a solid floor downstairs as well as upstairs, four legs, doors in the front and a sliding one in the side to allow it to connect up to their run).

He bought the materials and came back with a quote of €350. It sounds like quite a lot to me but maybe it's justified with the amount of work going into it.

What do ye think? Obviously I can buy a hutch cheaper but the shop ones are tiny and not great quality.

Zooplus.de do some large outdoor hutches that might suit. Check out and compare costs. You might be paying more to have a carpenter make one, but it would be to your exact specifications and it's not a product from a production line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

He got back to us again, said that he was trying to think of how to bring the cost down cause it was quite a lot. He's gonna use PVC on the floors and PVC piping in the corners as he has a lot of off-cuts lying around, it'd make it cheaper, lighter and easier to clean so happy days :) Waiting to see how much he'll knock off the price now.

Advertisement